It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Because refugees are the only possible group of people that are having problems worth caring about right now, right?

I mean it's not like we have starving children, homeless vets, people with health insurance too expensive to use, people having to choose between prescriptions or groceries, people living in tent cities, people without heat, right here in America, who could use some care and assistance.

I care about the refugees, I absolutely do, but we need to sort our issues before we take on anyone else's.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: daryllyn

originally posted by: Navieko
a reply to: daryllyn
You surely cannot be blaming Trump for that right? He only just came to office. If you want to be angry about issues like that, perhaps point your finger at those actually responsible.

I used it as an example to make a point.

We have real problems, but yet press conferences on crowd sizes, crying about Ivanka's clothing line, and inappropriately bringing up and boasting about ratings for a show he used to be on, are the types of things Trump continues to focus on.

If he wants to make America great again, he needs to focus on actual real world problems, instead of ratings and press.

Flint would be a good place to start.

Question. How can we solve any of these problems when we have the MSM and the puppet masters dividing us to hate our own country and rule of law? How can we solve any problems when we have two political parties who PRETEND to be so diametrically opposed to each other that not a God Damn one of them will honor the oath they took when elected to office?

This is much deeper than two parties who hate each other! Ask yourself why, and follow the money!

The answer to 99 out of a hundred questions is money.

I have to wonder what all is getting slipped in by the adults, while the children are all fighting.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn
Okay in that case we're in agreement - in which case I just fail to see how your initial post has anything to do with the OP or issues with the Trump administration as I'm sure Trump (and the bulk of his support) would agree with your sentiment (based on what he's said and also based on actions taken thus far).
edit on 12/2/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You know...

Most of the people bringing up the whole Trumpists are "racists" or "xenophobic" ....

Are Trump followers themselves!

The nerves are so raw with these sensitive snowflakes, they instantly and preemptively jump on the "Stop calling us all racists!" train as soon as the issue of their white fragility is brought up.

Is there some sort of guilt being felt? Is that why they try to throw out that tired old trope ahead of time?

Once again, this is only proving the self-victimization that the entire article I posted talks about....

edit on 12-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Kettu

Trump is delivering on all his promise. Life is great for the Trumpians. I know leftists are mad because their leaders never delivered.

The only thing Trump is "making great again" is SNL.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Using Salon.com to critique the motivations of Trump voters is as dishonest and daft as using Stormfront to do the same for Hillary voters.

I don't know what world/reality you exist in where Salon and Stomfront are equal, but it certainly isn't the consensus reality that 99% of human beings on Earth live in.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Keep doubling and tripling and quadrupling down on this BS, and the best case scenario your new Identity Politick liberal maniacism crushes the Democrat party into pariah obscurity for many elections to come... and if in response to that you keep on with your tribalist civil war agenda you're guaranteed to eventually see a true truly oppressive mass white supremacist movement. This is human nature stuff: when a tribe out in the open declares war on another and continuously offends and assaults and murders them eventually the other tribe will merge as one and crush their opponent. And dont even dare act like white's as a mass group have had some agenda to abuse and oppress and destablize every one else in our society. That's the MYTH.

You know that it's only Trump supporters who are saying the words "civil war." It's always this same melodramatic hyperventilating from folks who assume they're part of the majority opinion — and that being part of the majority opinion is the same as being right — even though neither of those things are true.

And what's this about "continuously offends and assautls and murders?" Please explain what you're talking about.

And let's discuss this graphic of yours. First line:

Constantly and aggressively guilt white people for things done by other white people hundreds of years ago.

Why is it that I don't feel guilty? I can honestly say that I don't know a single white liberal personally who actually feels guilty for things done by other white people but it's interesting that you brought this up. "White Guilt" is a meme promoted by right-wing propagandists as part of the Southern Strategy to ridicule, dismiss and invalidate liberals and their positions.

Secondly, you can tell right off that bat that whoever compiled this list is a dummy — "hundreds of years ago?" This is how ignorance is perpetuated. Racism didn't end with the Civil War, did it? The Civil War wasn't even hundreds of years ago for that matter. The Civil Right's Act of 1964 was 53 years ago. The Voting Rights Act of 1965, 52 years ago. The Southern Strategy was adopted under Nixon. Gerrymandering happens TODAY. Voter suppression happened IN THIS LAST ELECTION.

But I digress, even if all the racial prejudce and racist ideology in the world evaporated overnight, it wouldn't fix the fundamental issues wrought by generations of oppression. Only employment opportunity and time will lead to proportionate representation across social strata. Increased opportunity, greater incomes, bigger tax base, better schools and infrastructure, safer neighborhoods, less incarceration, less gang activity, etc all goes hand in hand.

On top of that, anxiety over employment tends to cause people to get real tribal and disposed to consider violence (look at 19th and early 20th century riots which were more often than not rioting among poor whites).

As it turns out, this relates to the problem I have with a lot of activism on the Left currently. Protesting "racism" is useless. There is no silver bullet. People of all colors singing Kumbaya together is great but it's not compensating for lack of intergenerational wealth, generations of substandard education, economic depression, etc.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit now but that graphic is just sad:

Shame white people for no other reason than how they were born.

Give me an example that isn't some college aged idiot uselessly blathering at a protest in a YouTube video. More people get shot every year than "shamed for the way they were born."

Tell them they are racist for dating or marrying within their race.

Who is this happening too? What white people are being called racist for dating/marrying white people? Who is doing it? This is something you've experienced personally? Here's another one that doesn't pass the sniff test:

Tell them they have no right to defend themselves against non-white violence.

Really? Who is doing this to who? White people are being told that if black people violently assault them, they have to let it happen? Something you've experienced yourself? Cause I have no idea what this is even referring to. And what a pile of BS here:

Tell white people that they have invisible privilege and they deserve nothing they've accomplished, even if they grew up in horrible conditions.

First off, white privilege is not "white people deserve nothing they've accomplished, even if they grew up in horrible conditions." And is there any privilege that IS visibile? Lmao. White privilege is defined on Wikipedia like so:

societal privileges that benefit people identified as white in Western countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances

Tell me that you can see what an egregious misstatement of "white privilege" is on that graphic? Do you doubt that a group (racial, religious, ethnic, etc) that has overwhelming politically and economic power compared to another group in a society doesn't tend to have a certain advantage when all other factors are equal? This isn't a phenomenon unique to, the US, the current era, whites or uniquely something arising in racially heterogeneous societies.
edit on 2017-2-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Funny, I dont feel like a victim. Generalizations or throwing everyone into a group based on your perceptions or beliefs is generally close to reality but in no way an accurate depiction of what is. I understand how you have reasoned this out and you present it very well, but your logic is, that because you read it or heard it somewhere, and agree, then it is true.

Sounds like you are looking for someone to lead you or validate something you feel. You also appear to present yourself somehow as superior to those you criticize. We all do it I guess but I don't think we give it enough thought. Our own thought that is.

Pitting one group as superior in their ideas to another group is a sign of feeling inferior and generally doesn't end well.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

And isn't that the sentiment that Trump is pushing? Pitting one group as superior in their ideas to another group?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So your rational is that because someone you hate is doing it then you should do it to? Interesting.

How do you feel about ISIS?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Did I admit, or agree that what I was doing what Trump was doing?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

And isn't that the sentiment that Trump is pushing? Pitting one group as superior in their ideas to another group?

The way you worded that makes any rational reader believe that you agree.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Using Salon.com to critique the motivations of Trump voters is as dishonest and daft as using Stormfront to do the same for Hillary voters.

I don't know what world/reality you exist in where Salon and Stomfront are equal, but it certainly isn't the consensus reality that 99% of human beings on Earth live in.

To spell it out so that even the thick can understand, they are both entrenched, blinkered spewers of a single narrative, hence the comparison. If you cant see that, then maybe you are too far under the influence of one or the other.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Biased bs.

And what exactly are "those people" doing? What's the problem?

Murdering police officers, torturing and murdering white people, rioting and looting, just to name a few things. Yeah, its all because we view equality as being victimized. What a bunch of crap....lmao

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Stromfront = web forum, similar in format to ATS. Members post and discuss things.

Salon = online editorial articles by authors.

They're catagorically not even the same type of website/organization.

Furthermore, members who've posted on Stormfront have murdered nearly 100 people due to their radical racist ideology.

The White Nationalist web forum Stormfront.org says it promotes values of “the embattled white minority,” and its users include Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a 2011 massacre in Norway, and Wade Michael Page, who shot and killed six people at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin in 2012.

After a two-year investigation, the SPLC said (pdf) that since Stormfront became one of the first hate sites on the internet in 1995, its registered users have been disproportionately responsible for major killings.

The Guardian UK

Salon doesn't spew hate speech that motivates people into racial killings, no matter what you want to think or convince others of.

Your argument is histrionic and hyperbolic in the extreme.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Biased bs.

And what exactly are "those people" doing? What's the problem?

Murdering police officers, torturing and murdering white people, rioting and looting, just to name a few things. Yeah, its all because we view equality as being victimized. What a bunch of crap....lmao

You're essentially proving the article in the OP correct, you realize that don't you? I say that because you seem to buy into this narrative that the world is being destroyed for white people around you -- when the fact of the matter is ... it isn't.

I get that you want to believe that it's the case -- it feels good and makes sense to curl up into victim mode and blame the wrong group of people.

It's not minorities that have made life hard for working class rural white people -- it's the Goldman Sachs types that Mr. Trump has put onto his cabinet. This irrational fear and misguided victimhood is exactly what the article is discussing.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You believe whatever you want to sweet cheeks, the fact remains though that Salon pushes the narrative that Trump voters are racist nutjobs regardless of what the actual truth is. In that way, it's no different to the stormfront stuff that can only ever put forward the view that Liberals are all baby eating freaks.

That was why I made the comparison, if you would rather use semantics to try and avoid the point I made, then that's up to you, but it's a pretty pointless thing to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Fear of what they don't understand becomes racism & hate.

Their brains are too small and narrow-minded to educate themselves and accept equal rights.

They freaked themselves out so much over our first black president granting trans and gay rights that they threw themselves in a tizzy and voted for Trump.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's not minorities that have made life hard for working class rural white people -- it's the Goldman Sachs types that Mr. Trump has put onto his cabinet. This irrational fear and misguided victimhood is exactly what the article is discussing.

No, it is you and people like you who want to push a narrative of I'm sorry but push hate and division by race. There are more broke white people in America than blacks but who is in the news? Blacks. It sells better. Then, when 'those people' as you called them complain they are painted as racists because all they see and hear on TV is that black people get this and black people get that and all of the BLM videos and the actors and musicians jamming it down their throats.

Goldman Sachs did not destroy this country. Racists did not destroy this country. Black people did not destroy this country. Immigrants did not destroy this country.

We did. By buying into the bs and then defending it for what? A star on a blog to make you feel better?

I voted for Trump and do not feel like a victim. Never did. However, all I saw for 8 years was empowerment of those who protested and burnt down cities screaming about felons who were killed. They were of all colors. The real person with their head down going to work trying to raise a family? They saw stagnant wages and higher cost of everything as well as craziness and their nation out of control. People will rise up and protest for gay marriage but where is the protest for starving kids in the US??

I am so sick of this race baiting bull#. Those who see color are the problem.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You believe whatever you want to sweet cheeks, the fact remains though that Salon pushes the narrative that Trump voters are racist nutjobs regardless of what the actual truth is. In that way, it's no different to the stormfront stuff that can only ever put forward the view that Liberals are all baby eating freaks.

That was why I made the comparison, if you would rather use semantics to try and avoid the point I made, then that's up to you, but it's a pretty pointless thing to do.

Assuming what you said is true, that Salon's narrative is that ALL Trump voters are racist nutjobs -- that's somehow on the same level as mass murderers?

So in your mind murder is just as bad as calling someone a racist?

And how does that not come off as sounding like a nutjob? *scratches head*

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join