It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

originally posted by: seeker1963

I think the most troubling thing I'm seeing as of late, is that suddenly, caring about the rights and wellbeing of others, is somehow a bad thing now.

I'm not sure when being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others, became something bad.

I don't care if being heartless is the new trend, I don't want any part of it.

When I see these rants from people, all I see is how much they don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, and it's gross.

You know what? I care about the US citizens who are children not having food to eat and going to bed hungry, if they are lucky enough to have a bed to sleep in! I care about their parents who have been tossed out of their homes or have no ability to have a roof over their heads because our corrupt government has sold our jobs out to overseas manufacturing and cheap labor! I care about our homeless Veterans who are sleeping under bridges in cardboard boxes!

But you go ahead and virtue signal and feel good about yourself that all of these CITIZENS suffer because it is more important to take in people from other countries and set them up!

Again, where did I say anything about refugees or borders? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

You eluded to it!

Don't lie!

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

...and how many do you actually think believe your false narrative??

Some? Certainly there are some. The majority? I doubt it. But whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: amfirst1
Life is great for the Trumpians.

lol nope. The "Trumpians" are gonna die just like everybody else when they get any sort of serious illness and not have health care. Or lose their houses. Just like before the ACA.

It will be one of the least enjoyable "told ya so" moments in my life.

ACA is unlikely to go anywhere, since it's a corporate welfare scheme originally proposed by the heritage foundation.

Be nice if it did go though. Universal healthcare seems a good alternative, don't see that going through either unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think the most troubling thing I'm seeing as of late, is that suddenly, caring about the rights and wellbeing of others, is somehow a bad thing now.

I'm not sure when being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others, became something bad.

When I see these rants from people, all I see is how much they don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, and it's gross.

You know what? I care about the US citizens who are children not having food to eat and going to bed hungry, if they are lucky enough to have a bed to sleep in! I care about their parents who have been tossed out of their homes or have no ability to have a roof over their heads because our corrupt government has sold our jobs out to overseas manufacturing and cheap labor! I care about our homeless Veterans who are sleeping under bridges in cardboard boxes!

But you go ahead and virtue signal and feel good about yourself that all of these CITIZENS suffer because it is more important to take in people from other countries and set them up!

Again, where did I say anything about refugees or borders? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

You eluded to it!

Don't lie!

She is on the right team seeker, as are you....I see what she meant, take a closer look.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: amfirst1
Life is great for the Trumpians.

lol nope. The "Trumpians" are gonna die just like everybody else when they get any sort of serious illness and not have health care. Or lose their houses. Just like before the ACA.

It will be one of the least enjoyable "told ya so" moments in my life.

ACA is unlikely to go anywhere, since it's a corporate welfare scheme originally proposed by the heritage foundation.

Be nice if it did go though. Universal healthcare seems a good alternative, don't see that going through either unfortunately.

Well yeah... but you aren't going to ever see that unless we get a Bernie or Stein in office. Unless Trump pulls another Trump and just does it.

That would actually make me consider voting for him in 2020.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Do me one favor, stop lumping everyone into one bucket and attacking them. The false narrative is not as you suggest, but rather that all Trump supporters are racist, misogynist, xenophobic hillbillies. Maybe if people started focusing on the problems actually affecting millions of Americans instead of spitting vitriol, we'd actually improve this country for the better. "Trump supporters" (I suppose you mean the people who voted for him) have a laundry list of complaints about the country. There may be a subset who has such inane ideologies as you describe, but that isn't why he won. Let's not forget those subsections existed before Trump and will exist after him. Let's focus on the real issues here people.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

You eluded to it!

Don't lie!

She is on the right team seeker, as are you....I see what she meant, take a closer look.

You are right and I owe Darylnn an apology! Darylynn I apologize! I am just so damned sick and tired of a government and a country that can't even be competent enough to take care of their own and yet here we are taking better care of those who come here who may or may NOT assimilate to our culture and values!

Thanks for giving me a shake there Mate! I appreciate it, and yes I did go back and read it!

Again, my apologies to Darylynn.....

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I find, i see the Seeker point of view way more than all the guys like the anti (who you antiD have GR8 Science posts bud).... You were saying and agree seeker , paraphrasing, that we have had enough of the crazy lies that just aren't helping solve the real problems. AND DJT is not Jesus but he sure is proving to be NOT Hillary and THAT i voted for, NOT HILLARY...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

And this fits. Listen to AM talk radio. Watch Fox & Friends. The narrative is that white Christians are persecuted and the world is out to destroy them.

So you're on the left and you listen to conservative AM talk radio and you watch fox and friends?

You're not very loyal, are you?

At best you're confused, at worst you're an ________!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

I think it's interesting that you've still not answered the question asked a few times now, in fact, looks like you're avoiding it:

What about the non-white Trump voters and supporters?

It does not fit the agenda or the ideology.
Some people want to feel morally superior, even when their argument is immoral.

College students and hippies from the sixties seem to be particularly prone to this.
They seem to think that it's ok to hate based on ideals. White people are saying they hate other white people because some white people don't agree with them.
But they have nothing but love and compassion for non-whites that don't agree with them.

Think about that.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: seeker1963

I find, i see the Seeker point of view way more than all the guys like the anti (who you antiD have GR8 Science posts bud).... You were saying and agree seeker , paraphrasing, that we have had enough of the crazy lies that just aren't helping solve the real problems. AND DJT is not Jesus but he sure is proving to be NOT Hillary and THAT i voted for, NOT HILLARY...

My friend, I just believe in the Constitution. Those who believe in political parties are no different than those who believe zealously to a religion! I know right from wrong, and I damn sure know when someone is brain washed enough to take away my freedom and liberty!

I don't have much time left, but I won't go down being silent to what I see happening in my country!

edit on 12-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

Well said, sir. Or ma'am.

Until the day comes where people can put away the political doctrine and actually sit down and talk, rather than spout which ever party line appeals to them, things are going to remain as they are.

...and the sad thing about it is, the folks doing most of the blaming are the ones most to blame. It'd be funny if it weren't so damned sad.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I suggest you cut the crap, and start critiquing the extremists on your side for playing these Critical Race Theory games of deliberate systematic anti-white bigot mongering agenda crap.

This insane hyper-bigoted logic has mass murders, riots, abductions, torture, etc happening at a steady constant pace for how long now? And this all started when? OH, after black president, womens & gays & minorities & trans all had equal rights, better career availability outlooks, and even greater anti-discrimination protections than straight cis white males. You guys got everything you wanted, and then declared open war on everybody that doesn't think like you.

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute here. What mass murders are you blaming on the Left now? I see you're dragging out an isolated incident of abduction/torture and pretending like it's something that is/has been happening. How about the right-wing terrorist attack in Quebec? Is that the Left's fault too?

Are you denying that race-based identity politics has been integral to the GOP strategy for decades?

The Nation -  Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy

Do you remember this from 2005?

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

How about this from 2010?

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy

Why should an African-American vote Republican?

“You really don’t have a reason to, to be honest — we haven’t done a very good job of really giving you one. True? True,”

“…We have lost sight of the historic, integral link between the party and African-Americans,” Steele said. “This party was co-founded by blacks, among them Frederick Douglass. The Republican Party had a hand in forming the NAACP, and yet we have mistreated that relationship. People don’t walk away from parties, Their parties walk away from them.

For the last 40-plus years we had a ‘Southern Strategy’ that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South. Well, guess what happened in 1992, folks, ‘Bubba’ went back home to the Democratic Party and voted for Bill Clinton.”

You don't think that the GOP and the Right are culpable for generations of deliberate racial polarization as a strategy? Or hey, let's get off the topic of identity politics and discuss gerrymandering and overt efforts to suppress minority votes?

Racial/ethnic minorities, non-heterosexuals and women don't have better anti-discrimination protections under the law than straight white males. Perhaps you'd like to make an argument for that?

I'll address some other things in a nother post.
edit on 2017-2-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn
You surely cannot be blaming Trump for that right? He only just came to office. If you want to be angry about issues like that, perhaps point your finger at those actually responsible.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Navieko
I'm sorry, but where did I say that I am against borders? Or even the travel ban?

You clearly insinuated that "being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others" has become something bad - which, considering the context of the OP - can only be in reference to those that voted/support Trump and current administration.

Now considering the context - what else could you have inferred if not for the Trump administration's policy towards securing borders and restrictions on who can enter?

Please stop being disingenuous in your replies and own up to it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
You surely cannot be blaming Trump for that right? He only just came to office. If you want to be angry about issues like that, perhaps point your finger at those actually responsible.

I used it as an example to make a point.

We have real problems, but yet press conferences on crowd sizes, crying about Ivanka's clothing line, and inappropriately bringing up and boasting about ratings for a show he used to be on, are the types of things Trump continues to focus on.

If he wants to make America great again, he needs to focus on actual real world problems, instead of ratings and press.

Flint would be a good place to start.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What's to say he isn't already working on addressing those issues? Just because he takes a few minutes out of his day to address another big problem the country is currently facing? Namely, a dangerously biased mainstream media that will just about go to any length in order to sway the populace into following their political agenda. I'd say that deserves a little attention as well. Whether he's going about it the right way or not, we'll see.

edit on 12/2/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

I used it as an example to make a point.

We have real problems, but yet press conferences on crowd sizes, crying about Ivanka's clothing line, and inappropriately bringing up and boasting about ratings for a show he used to be on, are the types of things Trump continues to focus on.

If he wants to make America great again, he needs to focus on actual real world problems, instead of ratings and press.

Flint would be a good place to start.

Question. How can we solve any of these problems when we have the MSM and the puppet masters dividing us to hate our own country and rule of law? How can we solve any problems when we have two political parties who PRETEND to be so diametrically opposed to each other that not a God Damn one of them will honor the oath they took when elected to office?

This is much deeper than two parties who hate each other! Ask yourself why, and follow the money!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's hard to ignore the devil on your shoulders constantly accusing you of things you did not do. Then getting people to riot, which causes more problems, that Trump needs to address. So Trump addresses by attacking the source of the problem, CNN fake News etc.

It is only logical to blame the one who started and continues to throw fuel into the fire.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Huh? Just because I voted for Trump I now am delusional and think the whites are being targeted? No thanks, I am not buying that. I also am a supporter of the President of the United States, not Trump. He has to deal with congress, I just watch and listen to the crap that comes out of Washington and the really disruptive crap that comes on the MSM and social media. I didn't like all the lies with Obama bashing and I don't like all the Trump bashing, how is a president supposed to fix anything if we are bashing him and throwing up roadblocks all over the place.

I didn't think Obamacare was that bad of an idea, but they messed up and it got real expensive. I voted for Obama, he passed this into play and I agree we do need something, but Obamacare is messed up. We need something better than it is.

I am siding with the president until he gets impeached, he is the head of our country. If Hillary would of won, I would have done the same thing. We need to bring our people together, not tear them apart. The far Left is delusional and disruptive and actually worse than the far right was during Obama's presidency. It looks like people want a civil war, I suppose if half the people in this country kill each other, there will be room for immigrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join