It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Trump is delivering on all his promise. Life is great for the Trumpians. I know leftists are mad because their leaders never delivered.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Using Salon.com to critique the motivations of Trump voters is as dishonest and daft as using Stormfront to do the same for Hillary voters.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Naw Trump supporters are anti globalists. That's really the bases and leftists still can't figure it out.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I want to know why mass deportation of illegal immigrants and travel restrictions from war torn Muslim majority countries wasn't racist when Obama did it, but now it is?.

Everything is bad when a white guy does it because whites are evil?

The only ones projecting are these clowns in the Saloon article. I'd never heard of white victimhood until now. But victimhood from practically everyone else seems common place in the identity-politics left.

oppressed muslims, oppressed blacks, oppressed women (of all ethnicity it would seem), oppressed gays, oppressed everyone but whites apparently.

Despite all those equal rights and anti-discrimination laws. All those millionaire minority leftists crying about how they are oppressed.

How are you a millionaire exactly if you are oppressed? How many millionaire white Zimbabweans are there?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's a war on culture, not race.
You are making it about race. You are looking for any justification it is race in an attempt to dehumanize the other side. You hope to label them a nazi in order to justify violence. You cannot stand the fact people have different opinions than yours.
The article misses the mark on what's going on.

If you guys want to keep believing that go right ahead. Completely missing the ball, which is great for mid-terms.

If I based my ideas on feelings, If I was unable to form arguments nor refute them, I would try to do as the OP and label the other side as white supremacist. Then I get to feel good and no longer have to think.

I'll leave you with this, Culture Matters. Some cultures are Superior.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe they (American citizens, not just "white rural Americans" as you so ignorantly state) - voted for him because they want a President that will prioritize American's best interests over that of the rest of the World? It's these ridiculous assumptions/assertions by people such as yourself that has caused such a huge division and ultimately is what in all likelihood led Trump to winning the election.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think the most troubling thing I'm seeing as of late, is that suddenly, caring about the rights and wellbeing of others, is somehow a bad thing now.

I'm not sure when being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others, became something bad.

I don't care if being heartless is the new trend, I don't want any part of it.

When I see these rants from people, all I see is how much they don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, and it's gross.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
One can only HOPE the left keeps up driving whites (and others) into solidarity with more articles such as this.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Fake news poll from fake news Politico?

It's one of many polls. Others show different things. The Morning Consult survey was done Feb. 2-4.

Politico - Poll: Majority of U.S. voters oppose Trump immigration actions (survey dates Feb 2-6)

The Quinnipiac University survey shows 51 percent of voters oppose Trump’s executive order suspending travel from seven predominately Muslim countries to the U.S., 60 percent oppose suspending all refugee programs, and 70 percent oppose indefinitely barring Syrian refugees from emigrating to the U.S.

Overall, a 51-percent majority of voters disapprove of the way Trump is handling his job as president, while 42 percent approve. In the previous Quinnipiac poll, conducted over the first five days of Trump’s presidency, 36 percent approved of Trump’s performance, and 44 percent disapprove.

PPP - Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump (survey dates Feb 7-8)

By a 48/43 spread, voters do think that the intent of the Executive Order is to be a Muslim ban. And just 22% support a Muslim ban, to 65% who are opposed. The order has also increasingly raised issues about Trump's competence in voters' eyes- only 27% think the Executive Order was well executed, to 66% who think it was poorly executed. The spread on that question was 39/55 when we asked last week.

Another aspect of voters already feeling safe is that they don't want to pay for the wall with Mexico. Just 32% support a 20% tax on items imported to the United States from Mexico, to 55% who are opposed to that concept. And in general only 37% of voters want the wall if US taxpayers have to front the cost for it, to 56% who are against that.

Gallup polling from two weeks ago:

Another one from CNN/ORC, survey dates Jan 31-Feb 2, also showed that a majority of Americans disapprove:

Fifty-five percent say they see it as an attempt to ban Muslims from entering the US. Further, 6 in 10 oppose Trump's plan to build a wall along the border with Mexico.

Overall, 47% say they favor the executive order on travel, which prohibits entry to the US for 90 days by citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries while suspending the US refugee program for 120 days and reducing the total number of refugees the US will accept this year. A majority, 53%, say they oppose the order. Those who favor the ban say by a 2-to-1 margin that they would like to see it expanded to other countries.

So what do we believe? The Morning Consult survey that you like also shows that his disapproval rating went up and approval rating went down:

While the travel ban seems to be fairly popular, Trump's overall approval rating is slipping — 47% of those surveyed in the poll said they approve of the job Trump is doing, down two percentage points from the previous week. His disapproval rating rose 5 points, to 46%.

So if you believe that Trump should do what the majority of the people want and pretty much all but one poll show some of these EOs as being not popular, should he abandon those efforts? I'm just curious because the concern that Trump supporters express over what the majority (or plurality) of Americans want seems to be *entirely* based on whether or not the popular opinion aligns with their own.

If it does, they can't stop talking about it enough. If it doesn't, rants about "mob rule" and the virtues of indirect democracy.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe they (American citizens, not just "white rural Americans" as you so ignorantly state) - voted for him because they want a President that will prioritize American's best interests over that of the rest of the World? It's these ridiculous assumptions/assertions by people such as yourself that has caused such a huge division and ultimately is what in all likelihood led Trump to winning the election.

Is that why people in flint still have bad water? I mean, they are American, too, right?

Oh wait. I forgot that Ivanka's line, his crowd size, fake news, bad polls, and EOs... are the real important issues at hand.

What was I thinking...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
One can only HOPE the left keeps up driving whites (and others) into solidarity with more articles such as this.

Is racial solidarity in political matters an important concern of yours?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Let's see how many pages before the content of the OP is actually addressed.

I've already seen a flew deflections - that seems to be the norm on ats now.

I feel like we have a problem when you do mental gymnastics to ignore the elephant in the room, blaming someone for merely being born was the real theme and it is being addressed by NEO and others. I hear that "IF you're white your'e a racist and privileged Kracker" all over you haters. Hypocritical to call one a racist, with nothing but 'feeling it is so" while being an anti white racist yourself. Our problem is RINO leadership in the R party, Fascio/commies in the D party that are showing their true intent and the sheeple who go along with this mess blaming the victims on both sides not people of color or without it......Epiphany time for some defending the liars attempting to maintain the narrative.. YOU LOST...America won a stay with Trump from the hell that the Fascist from the D party are planning, boldly.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Replace just a few words in a few sentences and that article perfectly describes...
...progressives.

I only know 3-5 conservatives but none of them are scared of this world.

So...try again!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn
Though you might like to imagine living in a utopian world where there are no borders, no restrictions and where the word "immigrant" can only refer to those coming here from another planet - the reality of our World is that we do have borders, and we do have restrictions - and for very good reasons. Humans are simply put, not anywhere near a point of "collective consciousness" in which such fanciful ideas can be a reality. Not for a long time. There are entire cultures so misguided and corrupted in their ways, that if given the chance, would kill you and your family in order to advance their own agenda over yours.

Borders and restrictions on who can cross these borders, are quite simply a basic necessity for looking after our own.

Maybe one day that will change - but not for a LONG TIME. Not at the rate we're currently going.
edit on 12/2/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Most people on the right can recognize when they're getting dealt a s**t hand. And what do they do?

Riot? Nope. Light stuff on fire? Nope again. Call for murder?

I've seen all this from the so called tolerant left.

So true and they keep plugging along as if nothing changed after Trump won or G Britain went BREXIT... They need to realize a dead horse is still dead whilst being beaten repeatedly.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

I'm sorry, but where did I say that I am against borders? Or even the travel ban?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think it's interesting that you've still not answered the question asked a few times now, in fact, looks like you're avoiding it:

What about the non-white Trump voters and supporters?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
Life is great for the Trumpians.

lol nope. The "Trumpians" are gonna die just like everybody else when they get any sort of serious illness and not have health care. Or lose their houses. Just like before the ACA.

It will be one of the least enjoyable "told ya so" moments in my life.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I think the most troubling thing I'm seeing as of late, is that suddenly, caring about the rights and wellbeing of others, is somehow a bad thing now.

I'm not sure when being compassionate, considerate, and empathetic to others, became something bad.

When I see these rants from people, all I see is how much they don't care about anything or anyone but themselves, and it's gross.

You know what? I care about the US citizens who are children not having food to eat and going to bed hungry, if they are lucky enough to have a bed to sleep in! I care about their parents who have been tossed out of their homes or have no ability to have a roof over their heads because our corrupt government has sold our jobs out to overseas manufacturing and cheap labor! I care about our homeless Veterans who are sleeping under bridges in cardboard boxes!

But you go ahead and virtue signal and feel good about yourself that all of these CITIZENS suffer because it is more important to take in people from other countries and set them up!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: daryllyn

You know what? I care about the US citizens who are children not having food to eat and going to bed hungry, if they are lucky enough to have a bed to sleep in! I care about their parents who have been tossed out of their homes or have no ability to have a roof over their heads because our corrupt government has sold our jobs out to overseas manufacturing and cheap labor! I care about our homeless Veterans who are sleeping under bridges in cardboard boxes!

But you go ahead and virtue signal and feel good about yourself that all of these CITIZENS suffer because it is more important to take in people from other countries and set them up!

Again, where did I say anything about refugees or borders? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join