It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Let's see how many pages before the content of the OP is actually addressed.

I've already seen a flew deflections - that seems to be the norm on ats now.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I agree that some people are bigots and racist and believe wild things to support their stupidity. It's all walks of life, all skin colors and all religions. Some people in any group hate anyone not like them.

What is a Trump supporter though?

With Trump now the president shouldn't the phrase be president supporters? And what is the opposite, president opposers? Should we as a nation want or work to create opposition to our president?

Is it a bad thing to support the position of president? I understand opposition to certain policies and Executive Orders but the position itself?

Is it a bad thing to prefer a president Trump over a president Pence? Because Pence is next in line if those that want Trump out of the office get their way.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"Stop it! You're MAKING ME RACIST! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!"

That has to be the dumbest excuse to do/say racist things I've ever heard.

Wow, just wow.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The right claims the left are butt hurt, triggered, snowflakes...

But yet, fully defend Trump and his 3am Twitter tantrums, his crying over crowd sizes, crying over his daughter's clothing line, declaring any poll that reflects him in a negative light as "fake", declaring news sources that don't get a hard on over him as "fake", etc..

Classic projection.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: libertytoall
So liberals want all republicans cuckhold or placed in the category of racist? It's not that black and white and it's not a racist issue. AND I'm not a republican. I'm simply unbrainwashed by either party of foolish oped spewing one line talking points.

I'm sorry that you feel this is somehow implying it's a "racist issue". It's not.

These people don't hate minorities in the same way a KKK member or something does, instead -- they fear becoming a minority themselves. It's not so much about hating minorities, but fear of becoming a minority themselves.

I'm disappointed that the people here can't see what the real issue is -- it's about the perceived loss of power.

There has been a perceived loss of power from natives in North America and Western Europe. Or so we thought. Until they decided to vote for what benefited them and ignore the psychopathic ideology of the left.

Brexit, Trump, Soon Le Pen, all stem from ordinary people deciding "enough of this crap". Nothing to do with race or identity or other such nonsense. People want a government that represents them, and not globalist & identity ideology and foreigners.

The only loss of power is from the privileged elite of upper-middle class "leftwingers", who have been throwing a hissy fit ever since November 8th. Unfortunately this has culminated in violence, and we will probably see a rise in violent political outbursts as their influence dies.
edit on -060006pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

As John Paul Brammer notes, Trump’s slogan, “‘Make America Great Again,’ speaks to that victimhood. We were great once. We aren’t anymore, because of those people

Trump's slogan could have been "Hope and change" and you guys would still be saying we are all scared of minorities and that's why we think we need change and have hope in someone like Trump.
edit on 12-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

I think it plays into the victimhood complex that some right-wing leaders/pundits have been pushing. Literally, GOP leaders and talking heads have sold conservatives on this idea that they're "ignored victims".

They're victims, but they're also supposed to be the party of "tough, rugged individualists who take responsibility, unlike those moochers!"

So in order to maintain that outward-facing persona, they project how they really feel onto their political opponents. It's pretty simple and easy to see.

Its what inevitably happens when there's a severe amount of cognitive dissonance going on.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You are angry that white people don't just shut up, sit idly by and accept the systematic demonisation and discrimination thrown at them due to the colour of their skin?

Strange how white privilege only exists in predominantly white countries, but we never hear talk about black privilege in majority black countries, or asian privelege in predominately asian countries. I wonder why?

No, it is only the white man who must be continually reminded of the actions of his ancestors, the legal/social privileges he enjoys due to his skin colour alone, and the downplaying of his achievements due to offending the sensibilities of other races.

Sorry, but more and more people are starting to wake up and dismiss propaganda like yours. This scares you, because deep down you know that when the majority of white people have awoken from their slumber, they will realise that past injustices do not excuse present injustices and all the ridicule they cop and reparations they pay will evaporate.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Problem is that equality is not the end result of all the gov't programs designed to right the wrongs of the past. Instead of equal opportunities we get one sided preferential laws and regulations. Why is it that instead of ensuring no discrimination we get certain groups getting lowered standards to ensure them the right to get into certain schools and jobs? As a consequence we have other groups having to achieve over and beyond to get the same thing? The mess with firefighters comes to mind. Lowered testing scores because one group was not meeting the minimum scores and lowering the physical training requirements because another couldn't pass that. None of that is doing anything about actual discrimination, it's actually just a different type. I approve of measures to give everyone a equal chance at something, but don't change the rules in favor of one or more small groups. Discrimination hasn't always been about color you know, just read some history and see what Italians and the Irish went through.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

This article is clear projection and attribution bias based on very little evidence. Listen to talk radio or watch fox? No thanks. Without examples, the author has given us nothing but his fantasies.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

After the last eight years of getting called RACIST for opposing the last administration. There's nothing false about it.

After the last eight years of getting called ISLAMOPHOBE for opposing open borders. There's nothing false about it.

After watching the DNC convention. That protted out minorities as props to get votes. There's nothing false about it.

Right now there is a group of people(The above) that are actively fighting to import terrorists in to the country. After 16 years of watching American politics. I have never seen that group defend Christians.

EVER.

The only false narrative being pushed is from Trump haters.
edit on 12-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And unfortunately the plight of white, Christian, rural Americans (Trump voters) is really a class issue, but the media isn't allowed to report on that. Instead, the GOP/Republican party keeps the real issue from being seen, and has their media (Brietbart, Fox ect) portray it as a race issue.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Most people on the right can recognize when they're getting dealt a s**t hand. And what do they do?

Riot? Nope. Light stuff on fire? Nope again. Call for murder?

I've seen all this from the so called tolerant left.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's not even what I said. Pathetic!

And I didn't make the meme. But that IS what the liberal game has been. I believe its deliberate. Unless the entire liberal leadership etc somehow are too retarded to not understand that eventually they will cause a true 'whitelash'? Note this wouldn't be because whites are inherently racist (but somehow nobody but whites are). FACT: tribalism is HARDWIRED into the DNA of every normal human being. Some dwell in it more than others. REALITY: Racism is tribalism. As well as all the other liberal'isms' gender this, sexuality that, Identity Politicks. All pure tribalism. An ever increasingly violent and oppressive party base.

We've seen all this before: Nazi Germany.

But you go ahead and pat yourself on the back for dishonestly insinuating that I just begged for your game. That was what normal people would call constructive criticism (of the fair warning variety).

But hey, if you want to see your party be crushed for possibly ever, keep on at it. I want to see the Two party system die a miserable death, but I want to see a back and forth hyper-supremacist civil war far less.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So to prove one isn't really a racist after being called one for 8 years, they elect someone arguably with more racist policies and double down on the race/religious/minority element?

*nods* Makes...sense? (not really)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And unfortunately the plight of white, Christian, rural Americans (Trump voters) is really a class issue, but the media isn't allowed to report on that. Instead, the GOP/Republican party keeps the real issue from being seen, and has their media (Brietbart, Fox ect) portray it as a race issue.

Yep. The right wing media are the ones pushing the identity politics stuff.

Because all we hear from CNN and other such places is about class and wealth disparity. Never about race, sex or a bunch of random letters someone typed out.

The Right is covering identity politics. Mostly in reaction to the sheer nonsense and hysteria from the ideological left. This is what you reap from identity politics. If white people start voting purely based on their skin colour it will be because of the left's fixation with it.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ah yes.

The Left continues to herd themselves into the corrals of self pity.

+12 more 
link   

First Trump critics need to look up the word 'racist'.

Because securing the border from ILLEGAL immigrants, and Islamofascists isn't 'racist'.
edit on 12-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
I think you typed Left instead of "Right"

)))

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

(Trump voters)

Ah I see you choose not to respond directly to me but to switch your rhetoric to Trump voters...

What about all the minorities that voted for him? The blacks, Jews and Muslims that spoke out in favor of him over Clinton?

Are they white supremacists too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join