It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s supporters believe a false narrative of white victimhood

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In America, the white majority indeed, many of them, have been fooled by conservative rhetorical nonsense that they are the victims of some liberal plot to leave them high and dry.

All one has to do in refuting the ridiculousness of that is to look at the statistic of the average overall wealth of a white person in America: It is 100,000 dollars.

The average overall wealth of a Latino or black American is 5000 dollars!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yep its the alt-right has now disguised its hatred with new names to abolish diversity aka they dont want equality. There was an interview with an alt-right Trump fan which was fascinating. Now not all people are like this but it gives you an idea of just how out in the open its is. Just read the comments its full of that victim complex and its everywhere now.

youtu.be...
edit on 14-2-2017 by unfor54k3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: unfor54k3n

Yep its the alt-right has now disguised its hatred with new names to abolish diversity aka they dont want equality. There was an interview with an alt-right Trump fan which was fascinating. Now not all people are like this but it gives you an idea of just how out in the open its is. Just read the comments its full of that victim complex and its everywhere now.

youtu.be...

So for you diversity means elevating one group over another?? I have a hard time understanding why people don't realize diversity is just another form of racism. If I say a particularly group needs to be hired over another group that's racism. Good clue is make slight changes. For example companies will put it in print that they give preferential hiring to say blacks or Hispanics in the name of diversity.

But If I owned a company and said I'm going to give preferential treatment to hiring white people I'd be sued. But as long as it's in the name of diversity I'm good right??

My viewpoint is simple hire the best person for the job and let diversity work itself out.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I clearly mentioned equality and somehow you read elevating a group over another? Crazy how people just read things that are not there. Let's talk about the interview and the countless comments in there. The OP has a point that this is a real phenomenon and that should be the focus of this discussion. Like I said not everyone is this way but it does exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There is no white victim hood.

That's right. Of course! because minorities CANT be racist, and whites aren't capable of experiencing racism. Thank you for correcting the record oh wise one whom wears "Social Justice Warrior" on your sleeve. I'm white so I'm off now to go punch myself in the head twelve times while repeating Hail Hillary.

Well what are you really saying? That you aren't successful in life because minorities are trying to keep you down? Or you struggle with reverse racism on a daily basis? I've never seen that happen...not in any way that would keep you down for long.

I'm not saying it can't happen or doesn't happen in specific individual cases but it's rare and even if some minority is trying to keep you down, why do you let them? Move on. NO one determines your success except you.

Actually, the socioeconomic conditions you are born into are more determinate than anything else. There are anecdotal cases of people 'succeeding', but by and large, people born into poverty stay in poverty; regardless of race.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: unfor54k3n

youtu.be...

The perpetual victim mentality that has been taught by the left for decades didn't seem to be a problem. Now that this leftist mindset is beginning to permeate throughout the political spectrum it has suddenly become a problem?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You sure wrote a lot of words...

I appreciate that you think uhs trump sipporters read real goodly to go through all that.

Maybe if you write even MORE; you'lle activate the magic causality spell and reality will turn into what you want...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There is no white victim hood.

That's right. Of course! because minorities CANT be racist, and whites aren't capable of experiencing racism. Thank you for correcting the record oh wise one whom wears "Social Justice Warrior" on your sleeve. I'm white so I'm off now to go punch myself in the head twelve times while repeating Hail Hillary.

Well what are you really saying? That you aren't successful in life because minorities are trying to keep you down? Or you struggle with reverse racism on a daily basis? I've never seen that happen...not in any way that would keep you down for long.

I'm not saying it can't happen or doesn't happen in specific individual cases but it's rare and even if some minority is trying to keep you down, why do you let them? Move on. NO one determines your success except you.

Actually, the socioeconomic conditions you are born into are more determinate than anything else. There are anecdotal cases of people 'succeeding', but by and large, people born into poverty stay in poverty; regardless of race.

That's a topic for another thread. But, anyone can change their standing if they do the right things...working hard but also working smart.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
The right claims the left are butt hurt, triggered, snowflakes...

But yet, fully defend Trump and his 3am Twitter tantrums, his crying over crowd sizes, crying over his daughter's clothing line, declaring any poll that reflects him in a negative light as "fake", declaring news sources that don't get a hard on over him as "fake", etc..

Classic projection.

Actually most of US don't give a flying copulate about any of that crap. I want regulations to ease so I can go to work again. I'm not asking for a stinking hand out or a benefit because I want to stand on My own two feet. I'm about fed up with You people's generalizations about Trump supporters and it's getting old. I personally will deal with it because I hope You guys continue to double down on the race card because it worked out real swell for You the last election.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: daryllyn

I think it plays into the victimhood complex that some right-wing leaders/pundits have been pushing. Literally, GOP leaders and talking heads have sold conservatives on this idea that they're "ignored victims".

They're victims, but they're also supposed to be the party of "tough, rugged individualists who take responsibility, unlike those moochers!"

So in order to maintain that outward-facing persona, they project how they really feel onto their political opponents. It's pretty simple and easy to see.

Its what inevitably happens when there's a severe amount of cognitive dissonance going on.

Actually being forced to pay for other peoples insurance qualifies You for being a victim. I've talked to some of those evil conservatives and those insurance monthly payments were more than their house notes. I guess when it's free You assume everyone else loves the new stellar government MANDATED medical plan.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe they (American citizens, not just "white rural Americans" as you so ignorantly state) - voted for him because they want a President that will prioritize American's best interests over that of the rest of the World? It's these ridiculous assumptions/assertions by people such as yourself that has caused such a huge division and ultimately is what in all likelihood led Trump to winning the election.

Is that why people in flint still have bad water? I mean, they are American, too, right?

Oh wait. I forgot that Ivanka's line, his crowd size, fake news, bad polls, and EOs... are the real important issues at hand.

What was I thinking...

Are you kidding right? If you would have been paying attention the last 8 years You would know that Flint had problems with people not paying their water bills for YEARS so they had to cut corners and use the river water. The problem with the river water is it has acids in it that eat away at the lead pipes. The only way to fix that whole water issue is to change out every water pipe, get rid of the pensions, hire new employees after firing the old, & forcing the people of Flint to pay their damn water bills. Since We don't see the democrats attempting to do any of those things then We must assume that they must love drinking crappy water.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Meanwhile the reality is ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

originally posted by: Navieko
Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe they (American citizens, not just "white rural Americans" as you so ignorantly state) - voted for him because they want a President that will prioritize American's best interests over that of the rest of the World? It's these ridiculous assumptions/assertions by people such as yourself that has caused such a huge division and ultimately is what in all likelihood led Trump to winning the election.

Is that why people in flint still have bad water? I mean, they are American, too, right?

Oh wait. I forgot that Ivanka's line, his crowd size, fake news, bad polls, and EOs... are the real important issues at hand.

What was I thinking...

Are you kidding right? If you would have been paying attention the last 8 years You would know that Flint had problems with people not paying their water bills for YEARS so they had to cut corners and use the river water. The problem with the river water is it has acids in it that eat away at the lead pipes. The only way to fix that whole water issue is to change out every water pipe, get rid of the pensions, hire new employees after firing the old, & forcing the people of Flint to pay their damn water bills. Since We don't see the democrats attempting to do any of those things then We must assume that they must love drinking crappy water.

The point of that post was to illustrate how ridiculous it is, that he is fixated on trivial issues, like clothing lines, ratings, and crowd sizes, rather than important ones, that actually matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

The right claims the left are butt hurt, triggered, snowflakes...

But yet, fully defend Trump and his 3am Twitter tantrums, his crying over crowd sizes, crying over his daughter's clothing line, declaring any poll that reflects him in a negative light as "fake", declaring news sources that don't get a hard on over him as "fake", etc..

Classic projection.

Actually most of US don't give a flying copulate about any of that crap. I want regulations to ease so I can go to work again. I'm not asking for a stinking hand out or a benefit because I want to stand on My own two feet. I'm about fed up with You people's generalizations about Trump supporters and it's getting old. I personally will deal with it because I hope You guys continue to double down on the race card because it worked out real swell for You the last election.

Did I bring up race? Did I say you wanted a hand out?

You are letting your emotions run you so hard, that you are arguing about stuff I didn't even say.

And, let's not pretend there aren't generalizations coming from the other side of the fence.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So can i infer from this that blacks have actually had equality from the beginning? Because if A = B then B = A is just as true.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: seeker1963

Salon.COM? roflmao

Why should a white person feel guilty about being born white any more than a person of any other color of skin?

Freakin unbelievable! But keep on race baiting!

I was saving this for someone else, but what the hell! Let your white privilege flow!

No one asked you to feel guilty.

No one makes you feel anything.

What ever it is you feel, you choose to feel that way.
That's not true. Identity politics enthusiasts constantly browbeat white people, stereotyping them, telling them they are all privileged, sometimes even saying they are all racist.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

So salon has it all figured out huh? Just a bunch of over privileged white people angry at those minorities. This is the biggest load of crap I've ever read. Or maybe it's not because you guys have been saying the same crap forever.

Articles like this are precisely why the Democrats have lost so much power all over the country.
This is why I had to stop reading salon. It's like SJW heaven.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So white victimhood is a myth, but I'm going to go ahead and assume EVERYONE else's victimhood is real. Right?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So for you diversity means elevating one group over another?? I have a hard time understanding why people don't realize diversity is just another form of racism. If I say a particularly group needs to be hired over another group that's racism. Good clue is make slight changes. For example companies will put it in print that they give preferential hiring to say blacks or Hispanics in the name of diversity.

But If I owned a company and said I'm going to give preferential treatment to hiring white people I'd be sued. But as long as it's in the name of diversity I'm good right??

My viewpoint is simple hire the best person for the job and let diversity work itself out.

Counter argument: Dude, it's 2017!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
call me when minorities become the majority and enslave white people, make them drink out of separate water fountains, walk in through separate entrances, and make white people sit in the back of the bus.

i saw this on twitter @BOSSdowdell why are white people scared of becoming a minority in the 2040's? Are minorities treated badly in America or something?

i think some white people do fear that the tables will be turned. just like with everything there may be a bit of truth to their worries, although like i alluded to in my opening paragraph, i do not think white people will be treated as badly as past minorities have been treated. will they have to keep their guard up against future "inequalities" and "unfair treatment" absolutely.
edit on 15-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join