It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this might sound strange.. but..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
.. does anyone else feel like they are part of a much bigger picture, but can't really explain it ??.. I mean from simple daily activities as in inter-acting with other humans, to possible feelings of superiority that just can't be explained ??.. I swear, for the life of me, for the past 35 years of my life (since I was 17), I've always felt "something" that I really can't put my finger on.. Things that draw me to the skies at night, things that have me really try to understand ALL of the sci-fi that's tossed at us (literature, movies, books, media, etc.. ) & for the life of me (at times) I feel like I'm "this close" to understanding what I'm trying to figure out, but still can't.. I really wish I could explain these feelings in further detail, but it's more of a mental factor than anything else.. So to anyone else that has these inner feelings, please explain, because as of right now I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this sensation on a daily basis, or if there are indeed others with the same understanding/feelings..... thx!

edit on 12-2-2017 by NWSaint because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2017 by NWSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I have felt like this for many years. I feel something has changed recently but I don't know what. I feel things are just not what they seem. it's hard to explain. It might be all the Sci-fi on TV is getting to me. I don't know. I am with you on this. i feel i am close to understanding but not quite.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I feel like I was put here for some purpose, something that is about to come.

As for the feeling special I always felt special because of gift of empathy and telepathy in some cases.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NWSaint

No you aren't the only one to feel this way.

imo it's Time for a hard core spirit quest for you. Something very personal and dangerous. Only you can decide what that might be.

The dividing line between knowledge and madness is very thin.
edit on 12-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
When I was approximately 11 (I don't remember my exact age) I saw my first UFO... I woke up one morning and went to my bedroom window and saw it slowly floating away right down the road in broad daylight. Since then I've seen 4 in total, as well as experienced various other paranormal phenomena, such as seeing bright orbs appear and float around nearby.
Without going into details, I have reason to believe there are a group of humans who have been "selected" for something, although what that is I have no idea.

I definitely know what you mean about feelings of superiority, specifically in an intellectual but also a moral/spiritual sense. For example, when another person dies, this tends to elicit negative emotional reactions in people. I however don't feel that; not because I'm incapable of feeling, but because I understand that we aren't simply physical bodies, and that the death of such is just a transition into a different state of being. Dying to me isn't really any different than moving to a different state, and there's no reason to be upset about that. Death, killing, love, whatever... I've always seen things differently than the average person.

Perhaps we're here to observe the humans and just don't know it.

edit on 2/12/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The reason you look at the sky and stars is because it is a reflection of yourself and your soul. You look to it for answers but only until you turn your gaze inward will you truly understand in my opinion.

Good luck on your journey.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ever since I have been conscious I have thought there is "something different" about myself compared to others. And the difference is right in that first sentence. I exist, and so does everyone else, but everyone else is an "other" because the Universe centers on me. I DO NOT mean that in an egotistical sense meaning I consider myself more pure or smarter than anyone else. That is clearly not the case as in many respects I am inferior to many people I have known. I mean it in a more technical sense. The Universe does NOT begin with you even though you may think it does. It begins with me. End of story.

I've have attempted to explain this may times, and I've never succeeded. It boggles my mind that no one else appears to feel this way or think about this. It's like they have no comprehension of the issue here, though a couple have been patronizing or tried to placate me about it--hoping I would just shut up, I think. I used to believe that in time whatever this was all about would be shown to me and the path would be clear. But I'm old enough now and close enough in age to my life expectancy that I'm thinking that's not going to happen and that I will be carrying this issue into the next realm unresolved. I don't think about this all the time, but it is a definite constant.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You've told my story, I think it means you are very intuitive. People focus on money and things, there eyes are closed. You are on to something, perhaps like trolls said, some of us are selected. Others will dismiss this as human ego, I don't think so.
I've been up close and had a UFO experience at a young age, everything changed then. Star child perhaps??

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think everyone has delusions of grandeur from time to time. I went through a phase of my life when I too felt as though I were destined for "greatness," et cetera. However, there comes a time when you have to accept the fact you're not going to achieve any more than what your lot in life grants you the opportunity to achieve.

edit on 12-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Ever since I have been conscious I have thought there is "something different" about myself compared to others. And the difference is right in that first sentence. I exist, and so does everyone else, but everyone else is an "other" because the Universe centers on me. I DO NOT mean that in an egotistical sense meaning I consider myself more pure or smarter than anyone else. That is clearly not the case as in many respects I am inferior to many people I have known. I mean it in a more technical sense. The Universe does NOT begin with you even though you may think it does. It begins with me. End of story.

I've have attempted to explain this may times, and I've never succeeded. It boggles my mind that no one else appears to feel this way or think about this. It's like they have no comprehension of the issue here, though a couple have been patronizing or tried to placate me about it--hoping I would just shut up, I think. I used to believe that in time whatever this was all about would be shown to me and the path would be clear. But I'm old enough now and close enough in age to my life expectancy that I'm thinking that's not going to happen and that I will be carrying this issue into the next realm unresolved. I don't think about this all the time, but it is a definite constant.

If you truly want a greater level of understanding in this life, it will be granted. If you're ready. I only say this because i have never seen such a candid and personal response from you.

I am merely a messenger and possibly a witness to the moment of creation, regarding the transition of singularity to plurality. I have seen the matrix within the void, possibly a temporal causality loop of which we are all a part of...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

the feeling of being separate seems to be an illusion. what i mean is that there is nothing that separates you from from me or anything else. you and me are living different lives but we are just different expressions of the same consciousness. your "ego" is not the thing that makes you conscious. consciousness is located not only inside you but all around you. it the whole thing together- you,me and everything else -different versions of the same dream.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sound fine to me.

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Poor writers write books with few primary characters. The better the writer, the more characters there are and the more they are essential to the story development.

If you were to excise Hermoine or Hagrid or any other character from the Harry Potter series, the stories would loose something integral.

If you will imagine that God created everything, then God must be intelligent beyond human concept. His creation would reflect that intelligence, and the entire universe - and all time - is God's 'fiction'.

As a supreme intellect it is likely that all the characters in His story are vital to the plot. To do otherwise is a waste of resource and I don't envisage God being inefficient in achieving His will. We are in the story and the story is about us.

So, therefore, the great story of the universe pivots upon each of us and our choices. We are vital to it in ways we ourselves cannot comprehend.

I say this not out of arrogance but as a result of reasoning.

We percieve time as a sequence of moments but the truth is that 'all time always exists', unchangeably. We are locked into the state of the universe. We express it, just as it expresses us.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I think you are in the process of awakening, friend...

Just focus on self-knowledge now and you'll find some answers you are looking for, and also get for your head A LOT more questions.

We are all connected to something MUCH bigger than us. I know it. You know it. rhynouk, KiwiNite and trollz knows it. And millions of humans around the world knows it too.

We only see a small part of it (for now, I believe) and it's amazing already.

I believe in reincarnation and that we are here on Earth in this life to learn about what we didn't learn on the past lives. I believe it's a process we repeat a few times 'till we just understand.

Maybe that's why the reason we feel we are connected to certain persons or when we feel we do not like that person even if we haven't met them yet.

But, once you start to feel this way, and only who feels this way will understand this, you will no longer adapt to this world. Or you will and live a sad and meaningless life.

Keep up on your way to find these answers and a purpose for your breathing here. Just don't let the sadness and craziness of the world out there get to you.

I wish you a great week and feel free to PM me whenever you want to talk about it.

EDIT: And also, if you need something to start, here's a few links of subjects that helped me on this process of understanding:

Spirituality

Astral Projection

Near-Death Experience

Just dive in on these three subjects and soon you'll see for yourself that everything's connected with what you're feeling, and you'll know inside of you that it's true! We are consciousness travelling through the space-time.

edit on 12/2/2017 by vinifalou because: maybe you'll like this

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NWSaint
.. does anyone else feel like they are part of a much bigger picture, but can't really explain it ??.. I mean from simple daily activities as in inter-acting with other humans, to possible feelings of superiority that just can't be explained ??.. I swear, for the life of me, for the past 35 years of my life (since I was 17), I've always felt "something" that I really can't put my finger on.. Things that draw me to the skies at night, things that have me really try to understand ALL of the sci-fi that's tossed at us (literature, movies, books, media, etc.. ) & for the life of me (at times) I feel like I'm "this close" to understanding what I'm trying to figure out, but still can't.. I really wish I could explain these feelings in further detail, but it's more of a mental factor than anything else.. So to anyone else that has these inner feelings, please explain, because as of right now I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this sensation on a daily basis, or if there are indeed others with the same understanding/feelings..... thx!

Morpheus : I know..._exactly_ what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something _wrong_ with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there... like a splinter in you're mind, driving you mad.

edit on 12-2-2017 by 23432 because: .

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't want to scare you, but your age puts you into the time frame for possibly having been an UFO abductee at one time or another. Perhaps not a physical abduction such as mine in 1964 but as a so-called "bed-side" abduction as my son experienced in 1991.

Such abductions are more than simply a mere "medical exam." In part, they come with a hanging on feeling that you are different and you feel strong attachments to areas of interest that otherwise you would have ignored or dismissed. If you've had off-spring, look for them to be different, unexpected than what you would expect from your own flesh-and-blood, maybe a snowflake or SWJ type.

The work of the ETs, has been benign to the larger extent of what their actions involve, but still can have a dreadful impact upon some individuals that can't handle the unexplained stress that has been put upon them as nothing fits with being a "normal" human.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hi friend, how are you?

Do you mind telling me this story later on how you got abducted? Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can empathize.

I am not less than anyone else.

I would not admit to being better.

I have always felt called to observe, until I began to feel that I have also been called to serve.

My history is seasoned with events that might be called "too coincidental" to be random.

Many of then I've detailed on these boards.

For me to now believe that this is all just perceptual bias would seem unforgivably dense.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I can empathize.

I am not less than anyone else.

I would not admit to being better.

I have always felt called to observe, until I began to feel that I have also been called to serve.

My history is seasoned with events that might be called "too coincidental" to be random.

Many of then I've detailed on these boards.

For me to now believe that this is all just perceptual bias would seem unforgivably dense.

Soooooooo many GREAT responses so far, & while I don't believe persay in religion, I do believe that something created humanity, I mean all anyone has to do is look around and see if we as humans are even closely related to anything else here on this planet, mankind is light years away from any other living entity .. but IMO, the above post that I quoted dialed it in.. an "observer".. I mean damn, there's been so many instances during the course of my life where I laugh, smile and that same time could almost smh in despair or cry, mankind is so great but so dumb at the same time.. The things I see and think about on a daily basis really do make me wonder not only of our origin, but our ultimate intent.. Not saying we are, but IF we were descendants of a dying world, and our DNA was re-hosted here in this solar system, see, this is what I mean, the things that I think about.. but at the same time"observe" very carefully what's going on IRL.. it's like there's a piece of the puzzle missing that I "could" be part of filling in, but in the meantime I just keep watching, listening, critiquing (to my self), learning.. etc.... I really wish I could explain this further, and perhaps as time goes on i'll have more clarity.. For right now, it's just nice to know that I'm not the only one with these type of feelings.. & again, I appreciate more than anything, the time all of you have taken to respond.. If I didn't go through these feelings everyday of my life somehow I'd feel incomplete, but yet at the same time I still feel like something is missing.. 1/2 full, but definetly not 1/2 empty.. that "something" is so close, I can't even imagine what it is.. Much respect for all of you.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

"Poor writers write books with few primary characters. The better the writer, the more characters there are and the more they are essential to the story development."

I shall pin this statement to my wall and giggle whenever I look up from counting my number of characters I've included to ensure that I'm writing a successful book.

Every hear of a guy named Hemingway and his book The Old Man and the Sea?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join