It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God pray?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

If I ask a question about God and Jesus and you quote a person who didn't know either I am going to point it out.

What is Paul to God?

A heretic and apostate.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And if you think you "slapped me in the face with scripture" leading me to invent a (rather well known fact actually) "conspiracy theory" you are wrong.

I didn't read your Paul quotes to be effected by them. I have read them though and know them better than you do, so that is why I am aware of what you are not.

Laborious study.
edit on 13-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka

Did Jesus die on a cross, was he buried, and was his tomb found empty?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Did Jesus die on a cross, was he buried, and was his tomb found empty?

No.
edit on 13-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Quran has the truth about Jesus.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well, thanks for showing us that you disagree with three of the best established facts about Jesus due to confirmation bias. I can't even take you seriously. Muhammad is a false prophet.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes he prays for you all to stop whining to him all the time. Especially on Sundays.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

TextThe Messiah does not only come as a concurring king but also as the suffering servant (read Isaiah 53), and in verse 7 you have this explaining that Christ was the suffering servant. The fact that God would die for sins is expressed in the names of Genesis 5, below is a list of the following with their meaning out to the right:

Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow;
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring(flood comes at death of Methuselah)
Lamech The Despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort.

So, "ServantoftheLamb"....how do you know that Jesus was "God in the flesh"? (at least by the above).
Jesus never claimed to be "god" nor did He want to be worshipped as "god".
Perhaps the part where it says, "the blessed God shall come down", means just that.
GOD (the true one..and I don't mean YHWH), entered into this realm in a human host (through the HS).
Doesn't make Jesus God...it just made Him a conduit of "TRUTH".
What truth you might ask? THE TRUTH.
The truth that NO ONE had known the real Father before Jesus. (and that's out of Jesus' own mouth...which, by the way, were the WORDS OF THE TRUE GOD/FATHER)
SO....what the above means is, GOD came down by inhabiting a human vessel (and that's exactly what Jesus was...a human vessel), because the Father HAD TO, in order to show everyone (including the Jews who worshipped YHWH), that HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.
It's not rocket science, folks.
OH...it becomes much more clear when you start listening to Jesus and stop listening to Saul of Tarsus (aka Paul).

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well, thanks for showing us that you disagree with three of the best established facts about Jesus due to confirmation bias. I can't even take you seriously. Muhammad is a false prophet.

Then stop listening to Paul and just listen to JESUS. You'd get a lot more that way.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I have a deep psychological block against the thought of reincarnation so have actually sought all manner of work around to avoid it but I to be perfectly honest have encountered many that would be regarded as past life memory's in flash's and experiences in my life, at the age of three I terrified my mother as I went from being a little child as she drove through a town were I had never been with her before and started claiming to be someone called John, I remember trying to keep hole of the memory's as the slipped from me but could not and I was pointing out landmarks before we even got to them, the pub were John used to drink, the Shop he used to get his tobacco for his pipe etc, if real he died sometime in the early 1950's or perhaps a little earlier in the 1930's (the problem with this one is I could not hold onto those memory's and also it was more like something coming into me than going back out of me so I would really think this one has alternative explanation's).

Also being hit on the back of the head (this flash back was during a time of severe trauma in this life) and suffering something that is not nice to put here on this thread as a young woman or girl, I believe very young perhaps school age, the culprit was a man I could not see with an old man's rough Yorkshire accent as he poured warm water over part of me saying "There That'l warm ya up" and I felt it as he moved my head holding it by my chin, my eye's flickered and for a second I saw a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling, grey white light low wattage and the sense of feeling was in that distant feeling as if it is someone else body or there is a barrier between you and the nerves creating a detachment from them, I felt my skull move under my scalp like the pieces of a broken egg shell against a boiled egg on the right rear side of my head and then blacked out, I then experienced floating away from the scene about two feet off the ground as if being pulled somewhere else looking back at a lonely white washed walled two storey ordinary type house with raised steps at the front, a muddy farm track with two pot holed water filled ruts worn into it leading to it under a dark winter sky with the distant feint light of either dawn or evening on the horizon but I could see detail the way your soul can, there was a pond to the left of the track but behind the landscape was just rolling grass and hill's with no tree's anywhere and no other buildings in sight from the view I had, I got the feeling this was in the late 1960's, I was born in 1970 (Trauma induced memory or hallucination remains' a distinct possibility or I picked up the fragment's of another soul's horrible suffering, I tried to piece that together and actually tried to find the house but the world has changed a lot in what was then at the time I experienced it 30+ years now closer to 50+, I believe it was the memory of someone whom had been abducted and killed - worse than that, I actually experienced it and I think I blocked part's of the memory's out hard, not something I would want to experience again but if it is part of me than something I can not avoid and will have to come to terms with one day when my soul is ready I associate it with being a schoolgirl on the way to school or on the way home, hit over the head and taken to that house then what came after including death in short horrifying).

As a child I had other flashes, one similar in which I was floating away at about two feet off the ground looking back was of a young man who looked like myself but not this myself if you catch my meaning, powerfully built and in his twenty's, dirty as if rolling in soil, it was sandy like a desert somewhere and among rock's alone, he was in rusty grey chainmail with white linen poncho type affair tied at the front with a belt around his waist and loose at the back like a cloak with a red cross embroidered on it front and back, a large sword shaped like a cross before him dug into the ground and hand's locked around the hilt in a death grip, full rough beard and shoulder length hair unkempt and tattered which was sandy blond in colour, deep set blue eye's which were open and glassy under thick brows with his head bowed slightly forward his chin resting on his chest as if preying were he had died from his wound's after some battle kneeling his sword in front of him blade in the sand (what little boy did not have a romanticized notion of the past based on heroic movies so possibly just a childhood fantasy that is half remembered? but if so a very weird one, the quality of this was almost dream like and hazy so?).

When I was in Japan back in 1997 it felt surreal as if I was somehow at home, I did not feel as alien as I should have been being British and as we past a spot I saw an old Shinto shrine, I felt a very strong urge to go to it despite being a Christian and wanted to go up to the temple I knew as up the hill from it but could not see, it felt extremely familiar in that very strong deja vu manner, when we came to see the pacific at one location I felt an over whelming sense of terror and just had to get away, I did not want to go near to that water it just felt frightening for some reason the feeling was truly over whelming to me (this one I can't explain it was very powerful but once again how much Japanese culture have been absorbed through TV, martial art's films etc).

But I avoid belief in reincarnation, though part of me obviously does believe in it.

I will have to look up Zohar and study him.

Ah my error it is kabala about two thousand years old, I shall study it and I do have some Jewish ancestry myself and of course feel a deep emotional empathy for the Jewish people as a consequence though I am a Christian, I also have Maori Ancestry but even as a child I felt a strong attraction to the Jewish people.

Another question if this is real that I experienced is therefore is God refining our soul's and is this really part of our growth or are we being shaped to another purpose?.

edit on 14-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What a emotional roller-coaster reading your message was.

Zohar is a series of books of unknown origin, some versions have a neo Platonic bent in the form of. Hasulam commentary (ladder commentary) while the more scholarly edition by Tishby is avoids it much of the time.

Kabbalah is the spiritual "Gnostic" type segment of Judaism popular in many Orthodox communities but absolutely essential to the Hasidic community.

I will give you a link to a pdf of every volume so unlike me you don't have to pay for it. I collect books and don't mind spending the money.

You will be in my prayers today.

May the Spirit of God protect you from any future harm.

I am drawn to anything religious, I love sanctuaries and Temples of peace of all kinds. My favorite religions are extinct (Evionites/Nazarenes and Sethians) but I am a fan of Judaism and Islam very much.

I love when a Rabbi or prominent Jew speaks highly of Islam, and vice versa, it fills my heart with hope, and joy.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There actually is a person named Zohar in the Bible.

But these are the books:http://www.libroesoterico.com... tion&Commentary%20((Kabbala)
edit on 14-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

www.libroesoterico.com/biblioteca/Cabala/Zohar%20-%20Aramaic-English%20Bilingual%Sefer%20Ha-Zohar%20-With.Vocalisation&Commentary%20(Kabbala)

The link wont work but this is the address

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SafePlace

Yes he prays for you all to stop whining to him all the time. Especially on Sundays.

I do appreciate the arrogant assumption that I whine and everything (sarcasm) but you are not much better, this is in itself whiney and %itchE.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Much appreciated thank you and God keep you and yours safe also.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

That'd be Paul you are thinking of.

Honest mistake I'm sure.

Seriously, do I need you to take me seriously... or want you to?

I don't take you seriously so I would not want you to take me seriously or expect you to.

You are a Pailinist, after all, king of antichrists was he.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

So, "ServantoftheLamb"....how do you know that Jesus was "God in the flesh"? (at least by the above).

Well first it doesn't just say God will come down, but it also says he will die. Cross reference this with Isaiah 53, The prophecy of Seventy Sevens from Daniel, and passages surrounding Jesus's death and it doesn't get much clearer than that. Jesus used the title Son of Man the most, which is a reference to Daniel 7:

"13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him."

Then take a look at what the Bible says about worshiping anyone other that God:

And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me.

(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God)

So this son of man in Daniel's vision is God, and is also the suffering servant of Isaiah 53 as well as the Conquering King that comes back at the end of days with a sword.

Jesus never claimed to be "god" nor did He want to be worshipped as "god".

Jesus claims to be God many times, but it takes a reading comprehension skill that is higher than 4th grade level as I have a feeling what you mean by "Jesus never claimed to be 'god'," is that Jesus never said the words "I am God" verbatim. To that we can agree, but there are many places where he plainly tells you he is God in different words. Read John 8 and John 10, pay close attention to the reaction of the Jews. They knew what Jesus was claiming to be hence the reason they try to stone him in accordance with Leviticus 24:16.

John 10:

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.

There are also tons of places where the apostles tell you he is God. I mean John does it in the first chapter, and in the following chapters you find many places in which Jesus lets us know who he is. I have given two above. We find it again in John 9:

35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” 36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.” 37 Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.” 38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him. 39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

The man Jesus is speaking to is a blind man he just healed. This man says Lord I believe and worships Christ. We can only assume the man who used to be blind is in the group that was blind but now sees. What did he see? That Christ was God, hence the reason he gives Christ worship. If Christ doesn't want worship he sure allows it a lot, especially on Palm Sunday(Go back to the seventy seven's to see why he allowed worship on this day in particular".

what the above means is, GOD came down by inhabiting a human vessel (and that's exactly what Jesus was...a human vessel), because the Father HAD TO, in order to show everyone (including the Jews who worshipped YHWH), that HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

What is the difference in Jesus being God in the flesh and God inhabiting flesh?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Please prove using historical documents that Jesus never died on the cross. Give me just one historical source that says he wasn't crucified from the 1st to 3rd century. Sorry but Muhammad comes 5 to 6 hundred years later. I don't think he really counts as a reliable historical source on Jesus.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You want me to prove something from 2,000 years ago by using historical documents about something told in mythological documents?

One for one, so I will refer you to two ancient likewise mythological documents that say Jesus did not die on the cross.

The oldest, which could be in original form from the early second century while the existing Coptic MS. is well before Athanasius who was to decree secret books illegal around the fourth or fifth century.

Coptic Revelation of Peter has Jesus watch Simon (of Cyrene if I remember correctly) die in his place while Jesus watches amused at the arrogance of the people who thought that they could kill him.

Obviously you have also the Quran, ancient, Holy Scripture on par with the Bible with about 1.5 billion adherants and growing, and not because of terror groups or jihad.

Now as historical documents go, other than the spurious Josephus interpolation, no historical documents mention the crucifixion from the first century. None.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, 150BC-70AD mentioned a hung upon a tree Righteous Teacher, but no resurrection and it is difficult to tell if he died in the first century BC or AD although most say BC. Hung upon a tree on passover, again, if I remember correctly. I would have to check.

But plenty of first century documents do exist from the scrolls which record events in Judea and no mention of either crucifixion or any ressurections of crucified people.

Nobody who wrote that the ressurection didn't happen would have published it, unless they wanted to die, but if it was done in secret it would have survived like the Coptic Revelation of Peter did and if found, destroyed.

The Talmud has some tales of Jeshu, that he was a sorcerer and illegitimate, and many others semi cloaked and none flattering but calling his miracles sorcery from Egypt.

No ressurection though. I think it says they stole his body.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Please prove using historical documents that Jesus never died on the cross. Give me just one historical source that says he wasn't crucified from the 1st to 3rd century. Sorry but Muhammad comes 5 to 6 hundred years later. I don't think he really counts as a reliable historical source on Jesus.

For the record your standards are your own, not to be imposed on me, and I have just addressed the issue using my standards but also yours as the DSS silence is good enough, they would have known about a dead man who ressurected and was a threat to the political climate but mention nothing about Jesus at all or quite possibly anyone in the New Testament ((the possible exceptions are the documents Temple Scroll and Habakkuk Pesher calling Paul in cryptic fashion (as James did in his Epistle "Senseless man... faith without works is dead." And John "... then they would have remained with us") a "Man of Lies." and a "wicked priest" who could be Caiphas or Anias.

"...if my lie abounds to God's glory, why am I still being judged a sinner? "

Paul was being judged a sinner for lying.

In which case I would have to tell Paul that it was God who gave Moses the ten commandments and not angels, hates lies and of the most known commandments is "You will not lie" or "bare false witness"))

But first century documents from the first century in age not just contents do not say that Jesus ressurected from the dead, and they are more reliable than anything because they are from the first century and about the first century in Judea (certain documents are first century).

I also know of the Ginza Rabba and other Manadaen (John the Baptist Nazarenes) documents that mention Jesus and no ressurection which would have been mentioned. These were people who were followers of John the Baptist and transmitted a surviving tradition to this day and dispute Jesu was the Messiah, call him Jesu Nebu and Jesu Paulis which interestingly means Jesus the deciever in Aramaic.

Paulis, Paul, means deciever in Jesus native tongue! Can you believe it, what are the odds?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join