It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking The Immigration Laws In the USA - Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Whether you're far left, or far right if someone breaks the law should there be consequences?

I recently did a thread about how my immigrant family legally entered this country, it was a long process and they followed it exactly to the letter of the law, without ever asking for government assistance, rioting, protesting, or playing a victim. In the thread there were some interesting well thought out responses.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why today should people that come into the USA illegally be allowed any special dispensation?

And why is there such a large majority of US citizens defending the rights of people, that are clearly breaking the law, and a huge drain on our social system?

Should the USA do away with those laws?

Should we have an open border and provide assistance without question to everyone that wants entry? Or should they all be given work visa's, and allowed to work and pay taxes?

I would ask that all responses have contain mature responses that are not trolling or baiting either political side, but rather addressing the topic and questions.
edit on 12-2-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Once a nation makes it ok to ignore some laws, more are to follow. A nation of laws or anarchy, were at a turning point I think. Unchecked rioting, overturned drug convictions or releasing terrorists from prison, doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Whether you're far left, or far right if someone breaks the law should there be consequences?

Yes.

You don't reward a bank robber for robbing a bank.

You don't give a mass shooter a new AR for shooting someone.

Those that willfully ignore US laws should be treated EQUALLY like everyone else that breaks the law.

Why today should people that come into the USA illegally be allowed any special dispensation?

They should not.

And why is there such a large majority of US citizens defending the rights of people, that are clearly breaking the law, and a huge drain on our social system

The answer to that comes down to a single political party that wants to make instant voters.

Should we have an open border and provide assistance without question to everyone that wants entry? Or should they all be given work visa's, and allowed to work and pay taxes?

Anyone that wants to come here can. As long as they show some RESPECT to this nations sovereignty, and legislative process.

I am starting to view ILLEGAL immigration as a third amendment violation is our home is under attack by foreign invaders.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

And why is there such a large majority of US citizens defending the rights of people, that are clearly breaking the law, and a huge drain on our social system?

Ask Big Agro, not me. They're the the ones hiring (exploiting) them, not me. You think if they couldn't get a job they would still come here in such numbers?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I have been in the very same position in the UK where I have been and still am burdened by Visa restrictions and applications with ever increasing costs with no end in sight for my wife who was in the UK as a invited "key worker" where we met got married had a child and have been together 5+ years and still we cannot obtain what some are given without question which is permanent remain of stay...

What you speak of makes a total mockery of people that do things the right way, I can only take the current public stance as overwhelming proof of a generation that is totally brainwashed???..

I do not think I have ever come across a situation where logic and having ones head so far in the sand has ever come to my attention??..

A nation does not have a never ending resource that can sustain every Joe blog that wants access, and that is when the person wanting access will take many years if ever to actually contribute something back, it is very very scary watching how this situation is unfolding and how basic common sense has long jump shipped...

RA

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

In my simple opinion, we are a nation with way to many lawyers looking for work!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

These Whiners and crying protestors about breaking families by deportation.. shouldn't be... make me I'll. Sorry... My grandparents came over too... Legally, with nothing , worked hard and became U. S. legal citizens.

And my grandma was 86 when she passed... and never learned English with only a 2nd grade education. Still became a legal citizen.

If you, your family are here, came here or snuck in illegally? Tough. Get out. You have no rights unless you do it right. Too bad. Sorry....

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All of my great grandparents immigrated to this country legally except one- she was the first born generation of American in our family after HER parents immigrated here legally. As they are all passed from this world now I am not at liberty to ask them personally how they feel about illegal immigration but they were around long enough for me to know that they were very proud to have become Americans legally, that all but one of them learned the English language and never spoke their native tongues after and that they never referred to themselves as anything but Americans for the rest of their days. It is my opinion that they would be very sad at the illegal immigration situation that is occurring today.

My thoughts on the subject of illegal immigration are as follows:

If you are an illegal immigrant you should be doing everything within your power to make things right and make your status legal- or go back where you came from. You should do everything within your power to assimilate to the society in which you are attempting to belong, which includes following the laws, paying taxes and learning the language. If you cannot show evidence that you are doing everything within your power to become a naturalized citizen then you should be deported immediately- and if you illegally enter the country again you should be imprisoned because you are no longer ignorant of the laws you are breaking. If you come into this country illegally whether ignorant of the law or not you should not be able to receive ANY government benefits- no welfare, no medicaid, no food stamps, no WIC, no housing assistance no utility assistance, no SSI or Social Security... ANYTHING until such a time as you have completed the process of becoming an American citizen- not a legal resident with a green card or a VISA but actual legal citizenship.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
You have no rights unless you do it right.

I wish there was focus on this.

We've all been fooled one too many times. Give 'em an inch ... and they'll take a mile. They're trying to create anarchy over the issue out in California.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Protesting children need to grow up. Life is not Burger King. You don't get it your way, right away.

There is no right to emigrate to the United States. Non-citizens do not have rights. The United States is a sovereign nation, which has the responsibility to protect the country and its citizens from threats, foreign and domestic.

Only a fool throws his doors wide open to anyone.

Those wanting to come here have a duty to review what is necessary to enter and to meet those requirements. There should be no expectation to be accepted. That is the height of arrogance and Americans are sick to death of the entitled attitudes of non-citizens.

These people are costing us a fortune. Our coffers are not a bottomless pit.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Those that don't want the US to have borders don't really want the US to exist.

A nation isn't a nation if it doesn't have borders.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Breaking into the country illegally doesn't make you an American, just like breaking into someones house doesn't make you a part of the family.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Borders....and a culture and language.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Remember this. The protestors are lead by paid leaders from the likes of George Soros. These people are hardly representative of the majority of the nation. They just have been getting a lot of media coverage and it seems like there is a whole revolutionary move to abolish borders and immigration laws.

If you look at these people they are mostly young kids that wouldn't know an immigrant if they saw one. Mommy and daddy have been taking care of them and paying for their indoctrination...er school ...program.

The people elected a president to straighten out the mess of our immigration system. If you allow people to pick and choose what laws they want to follow based of how they feel at the moment, we will become a lawless society.

It is bad enough the politicians get away with picking and choosing what laws they follow. We have to stop that attitude in its tracks. Stay tuned....
edit on 12/2/17 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Although both God and Men create laws, both God and Men allow violations of those laws from time to time.

The enforcer of the law has "discretion" to determine on a case by case basis whether the law should be enforced in any particular instance.

In the case of God, he may forgive, or he may punish. You can't tell in advance, which he is going to do, so you better follow the law.

However, sometimes, individuals disobey a law because of their particular circumstances.

So, when judging, both God and Men use the information about the extenuating circumstances to determine if to forgive or to punish.

It is possible to create an environment where nobody can violate the law. [God didn't do this, for good reason. It's called "mercy."]

But, when special circumstances arise in an individual's life, that policy leads to very "severe" conditions to live under.

It is also possible to create an environment where people can violate the law, but always get punished for it. For example, the traffic light camera that always takes a pic of the licence plate of the driver speeding through the orange or red light.

That is also a very "oppressive" environment. After all, there may be no other traffic about, maybe at 3am in the morning, and the driver is in a hurry to get home or to hospital to deliver a baby, etc..but the camera never sleeps, nor ever looks away.

No law should be "absolute". Even the gravitational law can be bent by using airplanes to go up instead of always walking on the ground.

All laws are really "guidelines", that suggest how people should conduct themselves for the greater good. From time to time, each law has to be enforced on occasion, to retain the force of law. Since, any law that has been unenforced for some long time becomes null and void.

For this reason, police departments often have enforcement "drives", where they go out and enforce some scarcely used law. e.g. the law against "jaywalking" is usually enforced about once a year, while for the rest of the year all violators get a pass.

A lot depends on the particular law. The law against murder, is almost certain to be enforced on each occurrence of a violation, while the jaywalking law is rarely applied, and many people may not even be aware they have broken the law by crossing the street at the wrong point.

So, it all depends on the particular law.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Following the procedures is more than just a courtesy it is necessary. There is a reason that legal immigration costs what it does. The reason for all the fees is to actually pay to support the system and just like with shop-lifting costing retailers to lose profits, illegals cost us money due to the fact they are not paying their fair-share! We all know that bureaucracy in gov't costs money and the amount of money that is lost due to illegals is staggering when you factor in how much money they would have paid if they did it the correct way.
Now the current uproar I blame Obama and his administration. Yea, yea "oh great another blame Obama post", but remember this, under Obama the language was changed from illegal alien or undocumented to straight up just immigrant. Simple minds do not see that nuance. They make this equation immigrants=anybody living here from another country, not the difference in the methods said body used. I know families that spent big money to get their visa's and ultimately their citizenship. So in not insulting the people who are hear illegally, we are insulting the people who did it the legitimate way.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
illegals cost us money due to the fact they are not paying their fair-share!

Everybody pays their fair share.

Although it may "seem" that some people get away without paying, you just don't see their "costs."

We have to walk in another person's shoes to understand the balance of give and take in their lives.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
people who support illegal immigration are traitors to their country.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
people who support illegal immigration are traitors to their country.

Well the Church does support undocumented people, on the grounds of mercy.

So, I guess the Church must be traitorous in your book.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep...you know? Its simple. Apply for asylum, immigration, temporary work visa....whatever. Just do it right. No problem.

I see these tv Boarder shows and you got teens illegally getting caught paying "mules" thousands of $$ to get them in. Why is it so hard for these young people to get in? They can get the $$$ to illegally enter so....wtf?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join