It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reefer Madness’ Greatest Hits: The Attorney General Sessions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: underwerks

It's illegal for the head of DEA to even talk about or consider legalizing anything that's already been scheduled (as I've linked on ATS more than once).

Without the majority of laws in this country being completely rewritten there is no way cannabis will ever be made federally legal. Sessions knows this, he just makes those comments so he doesn't look like the bad guy to uninformed people.

Really? Weird, as year after year the DEA is the sole fountainhead of what get slated to get criminalized. So you'd insist its "illegal" for them to have anything at all to do with decriminalization thought processes, when one of their primary directives is in the monitoring of emerging / street drugs trends and in essentially playing lobbyists to Congress in the advocacy & schemes of such new scheduling???

And seriously, what would you have an AG prospect say about such a theme with any possible specific law?

"Oh, yeah, that thing over there, well, personally I approve so therefore I will make it my personal pet project to loosen national prosecutions etc etc. Am I hired?"

That said, I dont claim to know what he's going to be doing about all that. But traditionally cabinet people follow their leader (or they're made to tender their resignation). So wouldn't the focus where put the spotlight back onto Trump's positions on the the?

You're talking about two different things. New streets drugs and RC's haven't been scheduled yet, so the DEA has the power it does over them.

If a drug has already been scheduled (such as cannabis) it's illegal for them to even consider legalization, and is in their mandate that they fight legalization of said substance. See my link on the first page.
edit on 12-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wrong.

Wrong. And only seeing half the big picture.

Completely wrong.

Okay, checked your link: that isn't about the DEA. So wrong again... maybe maybe not. Interesting though, that's a real iron clad scheme they came up with. Then again, 'whoever' set that rule for the drug czar, can always go and unset it. If a POTUS actually had the balls and agenda to make a total national agenda about it, and Congress got in line like they usually do for their party POTUS, it could be done.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Yeah that's it in a nut shell.

Nixon was controlling and coniving, from another generation and hated change. Very communist in his thinking. Every Society needs balance, without that well.. you know.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
In North Korea, smoke weed, no big deal, dude! Its all good baby!

"WORLDPOST
When It Comes To Marijuana, North Korea Appears To Have Liberal Policy Of Tolerance
10/10/2013 05:58 pm ET"

Im fairly sure Jong UN is on crack which is what the people there are likely being forced to smoke in order to keep them Compliant.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Without the majority of laws in this country being completely rewritten there is no way cannabis will ever be made federally legal. Sessions knows this, he just makes those comments so he doesn't look like the bad guy to uninformed people.

What are you on about now?
The majority of laws in this country don't even pertain to cannabis or it's consumption. One action like the VA acknowledging cannabis as a viable treatment for PTSD and it will be legal on a national level. No matter what the DEA or FDA say. Congress will act.
Why so pessimistic? You have got to be the most negative stoner ever.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Seriously, people need to relax and respect the bud God created.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join