It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's Santa Clarita Diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This show was recently put on Netflix. It is an original series with Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant. I highly recommend it. It's basically a zombie comedy. Short episodes of

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The wife and I are currently watching this. It's fantastic and has me belly roll laughing constantly.

Timothy Olyphant is one of my favorite actors. Generally anything he is in is great.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I know right? It tickled me and made me laugh a lot. Tim is awesome and Drew is great in this too.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I saw a clip, funny premise.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Looks more like yet another push to desensitise and normalise cannibalism through the comedic route. How long before there is a comedy series about paedophilia, necrophilia, beastiality or some other abhorrent behaviour? The movie Videodrome is more or less here. Sad day for humanity.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

What a response lol. I mean yh I get that modern media can be used to take extreme things and make them acceptable but really? You've gone from like zero to a hundred in a flash lol

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have watched all of the series, I didn't actually binge watch it, well, maybe, my wife and I watched it in 3 days, we tried our best to stretch it out. I wanted to like it, and I didn't have it so high on a pedestal that when it finally did come on it didn't live up to my perception.
The deal was for me, not so much my wife, in the very beginning they hadn't really melded together yet, acting seemed forced, it just didn't click, and I couldn't really get into it like I thought I would. I love both actors so it definitely wasn't that, what I saw was just bad acting and it seemed to be ruining it for me.

Well, around the 3rd episode I changed my mind, they seemed more comfortable with each other, the entire cast, so I now cannot wait for the next season. The show got so good I was anticipating it each day, it was THE thing for me to do, and it made me feel lost knowing there was only going to be those 10 episodes. I know that a lot of series are that way though, I usually get past the bad parts.
My point is, if you are like me at first, do yourself a favor and continue watching the beginning episodes, it really does get better, a LOT better! I read some reviews about people not bothering to watch any of the remaining episodes because they thought the acting lacked in the first shows.
(I even began to start appreciating the daughter who I really hated up until the halfway point, now I actually like her quite a bit)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85
Not really, I have been aware of and watching these agendas being rolled out for quite a while now. Started with basic sex and innuendo, usually in family friendly comedy series. You only really noticed it if you watch several seasons back to back to see the change over the few years the show ran for, and you would be wondering just how family friendly it is now and why did they change it when it worked perfectly well without spurious scenes of sometimes a deviant nature, for a family show. As time progressed, the sexual content became the norm, even for family shows, and so other things were dribbled in to the mix. Swearing was one, was daring in alternative comedy to use b..t.rd, that progressed after it became normalised to the F-bomb, which gets banded about like there is no tomorrow. Now they have been dropping in more and more the worst of all, the C-word. That one really grates on me. All the while the young generations are growing up thinking the here and now is normal and acceptable, because they don't have the hind sight of someone older. So before you know it YouTube and tv and films are producing very influential deviant programming for younger and younger viewers. The 'anything goes' agenda is absolutely being incremented, and once you start seeing it, you will see it is everywhere.

Believe me, I am not a prude, I have checked out some of the fetish scene, but that is strictly adults only and should not be introduced to kids and teens and young adults. However, it is being brought in along with other dodgey stuff to normalise it all. Brave New World, it is here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

You actually like it? I tried watching, after catching up on IZombie, and being impatient for the new season to start. Made it through less than a third of the first episode, and turned it off. Just couldn't get into it at all! Too much gross for no reason, flat acting, and didn't care at all about the characters.

Different tastes, I suppose!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Looks more like yet another push to desensitise and normalise cannibalism through the comedic route. How long before there is a comedy series about paedophilia, necrophilia, beastiality or some other abhorrent behaviour? The movie Videodrome is more or less here. Sad day for humanity.

I don't mind zombie shows, and actually like IZombie, but in it, the zombies typically are not happy to have a need for brains. This one, well, seems to push the idea as acceptable, and have a lot of gratuitous grossness, which I can do without!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Uh yeah. You stopped way too early.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hubby and I binge-watched this on Sunday, thanks to this thread. It definitely grew on us! The first episode was done that way on purpose. 2 bland as heck people with a boring marriage and boring life. By the end of the season, they were (forgive the pun!) fleshed out, interesting characters trying to save their marriage, and trying to maintain normalcy in an insane situation.

And wow! Drew Barrymore's plain Jane character at the beginning turns into a gorgeous, vivacious knock-out. I never thought she was really that pretty. But of course I still see the little girl from ET when I look at her. Lol!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Uh yeah. You stopped way too early.

I did read that, but I haven't been able to push my way through even the rest of the first episode! Maybe it's just me. Not a fan of The Walking Dead, either; too much "icky" for the sake of being icky, not needed to advance the story. A lot of people do enjoy it, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
im about to start episode 4.
this show is funny as hell. love the humor

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've been eying it up, but kept passing it over. Perhaps after reading this thread I'll give it a go.

new topics

top topics

join