It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What book(s) would improve my mind in the paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I want to open my mind up to the paranormal, I don't know what to read.

I would like to see the dead, entities and spirits.

AND

Gain psychic abilities

(I don't want to talk about it in this thread but I'm well above my level ((people in my life are witches ect)) and need to learn to catch up to their skill level)
edit on 12-2-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I am all for developing the psychic abilities as long as it is only used only for good purposes. These are my recommendations:

Awakening Your Psychic Powers by Henry Reed Phd

Edgar Cayce on Channeling Your Higher Self by Henry Reed

Meditation: A Step Beyond with Edgar Cayce by M.E. Penny Baker

Sal

a reply to: gell1234

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

carl sagan : " the demon haunted world "

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe or Thomas The Tank Engine.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Try the Bible first mate.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Two of you got stars...

Know any more (good books)?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I tried the bible, it didn't really open me up to the paranormal or spiritually.

a reply to: In4ormant

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

on this issue - i actually agree with the OP

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This isn't a book but it is an interesting website I found that has a list of astrological specifications to determine if you have tendencies to develop your psychic abilities in this particular life. You have to have your astrological chart to make the determination.

precisionastrology.com...

Sal

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I haven't had the chance to look into astrology yet.

a reply to: SallieSunshine

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This one, maybe ?

www.auricmedia.net...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

If you are looking for research try Dean Radin's supernormal or look for Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World.

As for books that try to teach you psychic abilities, don't bother. They are written by snake oil salesmen looking to make a quick buck. You'd have a better chance of teaching the deaf how to hear than what you would learn in these 'how to' books.

As far as I know you are born with abilities, it's like breathing and you can't teach breathing-perhaps learning about the Nepalese buddhists will help heighten your senses but no book will bolster your 'psychic abilities.'
edit on 12-2-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Aldous Huxley, paperback... a dual book...Heaven and Hell together with Doors of Perception

You might find an inexpensive paperback copy, in a used book store, where you might meet new friends too

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Study the Bible under a pastor who teaches it from Hebrew and Greek. Once you gain a certain level of understanding, reality starts getting very weird.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Read everything by Robert Anton Wilson and the world becomes a different place.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The unseen realm by Dr.Micheal Heiser theunseenrealm.com...

He has other works but the Unseen Realm would be his #1 work imo ...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I tried the bible, it didn't really open me up to the paranormal or spiritually.

a reply to: In4ormant

The bible is actually the most powerful book of them all.

The reason for this, is that it has centuries of accumulating and focusing emotional energies of a multitude of people who have gone over it's words and verses, again and again, reinforcing the text.

We are all connected in the spiritual realm, and share a common lower mind. So, we can "tap in" to the content of that universal mind by contemplating certain mantras, prayers, or simply reading certain verses in scriptures, when these "thoughts" have been in use for ages.

Every-time someone reads a phrase in some text, they re-charge the universal mind with their personal spiritual energy. They leave a residue there, sometimes called a "thought form", like a "footprint" or "samskara" or "impression" in mental substance. The more people chanting or singing (Hebrew text is sung) or repeating (like in Church service) the same words over and over, the stronger those thought forms or "impressions" become.

So, when you sit quietly by yourself, and read certain passages in the bible, over and over, you eventually tap into that built up impression, and suddenly you'll "feel" a surge of emotional energy run through your body. That's when you know you've made contact, with the universal mind.

That universal mind is the source of all magic and psychic phenomena.

So, the best book you can start with is something like the bible, or another old scripture that's been in use for ages.

If you read "new words" that someone just invented, it has very little power to transport you into the mental state where you can access these things.

So, try some old texts first.

edit on 12-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Morning of the Magicians, by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier.

Read it.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Which one?

The one about conspiracies
The one about the universe
Or
The translation by Rollo May

???

The one about a reply to: Maverick1

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link