It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Ex-Ambassador Clamors Against Saudi-Sponsored Spread of Extreme Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Here is an article about a former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia that I think most of us can agree he may have a point... (trying to be PC here).

Amid the mounting terrorism threat in Europe and the worldwide rise of Islamist extremism, the Norwegian ex-ambassador to Saudi Arabia has raised concerns about the Saudis' funding of Wahhabist propaganda, which facilitates further proliferation of radical Islam.

If it were not for the long standing petro dollar agreement I would bet Saudi Arabia would be labeled a terrorist state.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has been long busy exporting Wahhabist propaganda fueled with oil money. This includes funding religious schools teaching Wahhabism in other countries and printing and exporting Qurans with what he described as violent interpretations in parentheses and footnotes.

"The niqab is not part of Islam, it is an interpretation that emerged in recent years about how to keep women in their place," he said, citing interpersonal problems caused by such garments.

Anyway this guy who has nothing good to say about Wahhabism wrote a book about his stay in the kingdom as Ambassador from from 2008 to 2013 titled "Kingdom of Terror." Like I said he is not fond of the Wahhabist regime but I really do not know any westerner who has spent time their that feels any differently.

I am rather surprised he was so blunt in some of his statements.... you have to wonder if he will now be on a hit list for calling out their brand of Islam ?
sputniknews.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Dunno what you're talking about the CIA have just honoured the Saudi Crown Prince for their efforts to fight terrorism
english.alarabiya.net...

(End of sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Here is an article about a former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia that I think most of us can agree he may have a point... (trying to be PC here).

That made me laff so hard I'm re-considering what to do with my hernia.

Anyway this guy who has nothing good to say about Wahhabism wrote a book about his stay in the kingdom as Ambassador from from 2008 to 2013 titled "Kingdom of Terror." Like I said he is not fond of the Wahhabist regime but I really do not know any westerner who has spent time their that feels any differently.

Thanks for this thread. I'm going to have to look that book title up and see if I can get an e-copy to read. It would be very interesting to see what someone at that level of politics (and from 0bama's time no less) has to say about the Kingdom of Saud.

I was once a guest of their country. They treated me pretty good. I knew (to them) that I was an infidel, but I was a young man and interested in learning about the world. I saw things over there that you can't un-see. And ... it was a living experience of what a life-afraid-of-terror actually is. It made me adore America ... and NEVER ... take for granted what we have for ourselves.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Same same here I spent a year flying all over the country and thankfully out to Europe and many places in between every three months. First time I ever saw the Pyramids I was climbing out of Cairo and passing 25,000 feet.. I remember thinking they did not look all that big from that altitude... hahahah
I made good money with free housing and a car .. When I left after my year I was absolutely sure if the earth ever needed an enema that is the place to insert the probe.
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
First time I ever saw the Pyramids I was climbing out of Cairo and passing 25,000 feet.

See? That's what I'm talking about. The Saudi's sent me on an all-paid 5-Star excursion to the Pyramids. It's something I would have never been able to arrange for (let alone afford). Watching those monument rise up out of the desert floor from camelback ... Geez ... it's just unforgettable ... and that was 40 years ago.

Best thing about the place: People respect the law. Only the desperate break it wantonly. We could take a lesson from that.

Personal: Do us up a thread on what happened over there with someone disparaging the new king. Inquiring minds and all ... LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Personal: Do us up a thread on what happened over there with someone disparaging the new king. Inquiring minds and all ... LOL

There is a youtube video that covers that... which I can not access.

I think over the last year or so with China's or the NSA's help all communications pass through a government central computer (s) monitoring station (s).. When they first came online and monitoring the internet was wonky for about 4 months but they seem to have worked the transparency issues out now. Sneaky buggers.

People can get busted for all kinds of things that Americans take for granted as free speech if posted on a social media or the internet... When I say busted I mean jail time after a show trial. newsletter.thaivisa.com...

They have a thing called a lese majeste charge... You do not insult the monarchy or other important figures of the government unless you can prove what you are saying is true...even then good luck.. for money and power go hand in hand,,,except every now and then you get surprised as someone you would think is to big to jail goes to prison.

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court today acquitted Sonthi Limthongkul, former leader of the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), of lese majeste charge for his address at a political rally in July 2008.

Sonthi was accused by the state prosecutor of the charge when he repeatedly quoted an insulting statement of the monarch by a redshirt activist Daranee Chanchernsilpakul or widely known as “Da Torpedo”, at a yellow shirt rally on July 20, 2008.
Even a quote can get you in hot water..

Otherwise just another day in paradise as we live in the sticks and neither one of us are political voices.... we are far removed from those type of intrigues and do not care to participate, with partisan in country bickering. Besides I really did like the old King that just passed... One of the few monarchs the world over I ever felt respect for.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have no doubt about what you write. I had a laugh about the enema too.

But why does the west sill suck up to the Saudi's. Trump left them off his ban. But before that Obama also left them out of the list of seven that Trump now uses.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Best thing about the place: People respect the law. Only the desperate break it wantonly. We could take a lesson from that.

People respect the law, because the law is bound up with religion.

When you remove religion, there's no reason to respect the law.

Because without religion, the law is seen as simply arbitrary restrictions created by the rulers, for their personal advantage, to control the masses from rising up and overthrowing the ruling class.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They also have been responsible for building a lot of mosques here in the US. Probably other countries also. They funded the Pakistani nuclear program and it is reported they had an agreement to receive some of the nuclear weapons. It is thought that they have at least 4 now.

Saudi has to be called out on their actions and should be squashed. Minimum restricted from spreading their hate in the West.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

People respect the law only because of the threat of force by the government. That force can be anything from financial, to incarceration, to death. Religion is not necessary and is not allowed to be mixed with the state in the US.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: AMPTAH

People respect the law only because of the threat of force by the government. That force can be anything from financial, to incarceration, to death. Religion is not necessary and is not allowed to be mixed with the state in the US.

No, they don't respect the law, they are just more careful when violating it.

The respect for law comes in when you know nobody is watching, and still you follow the law of your own will.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It is almost forgotten: At least second Chechen war was sponsored by SA. It was first time I hear about wahabism.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If anyone wants a brush up on the origins on Wahhabism

Why no Saudi interdictions ?
Oil, money... maybe even the The Pres's own business interests !

new topics

top topics

join