It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Cold Open 2-11-17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The NEW Spicey calms down....Melissa McCarthy deserves a ton of awards.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Snl has become so blindly and blatantly partisan that their alienating anyone who isn't equally as partisan. I'm not a trump supporter by any means but I'm also capable of seeing the faults in the democrats side of things, which they continuously ignore in favor of low brow repetitive trump jokes designed for the lowest common denominator of viewers.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I never thought Melissa McCarthy was funny, but this was and im a Trump supporter.

Hahaha at Glen from New York Times.

edit on 12-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Snl has become so blindly and blatantly partisan that their alienating anyone who isn't equally as partisan. I'm not a trump supporter by any means but I'm also capable of seeing the faults in the democrats side of things, which they continuously ignore in favor of low brow repetitive trump jokes designed for the lowest common denominator of viewers.

John Stewart was smart and funny. I'm a lefty who continues more and more to look like a trump supporter because I can't stand stupidity.

If that's not Ironic I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Who's politicizing this? SNL or you?

And you do a good job of imitating a trump supporter btw.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
May I ask (real question) when Obama was in charge did snl do a skit on him every week? I seem to keep seeing these from snl at first they were funny now it's kinda boring , like they have run out of funny material and just keel doing these to appease the anti trump lot.

Being from the UK I have no real saying in your politics I know, nor a say in your humor but it's a little stale

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

There were a few occasions, I recall.
Here's one for example.

Perhaps fitting at this moment as it parodies executive orders and immigration.

I believe some comedians came out and admitted some fear of 'making fun' of Obama as they didn't want to appear racist. I believe a lot of folks wanted to be supportive of the first black president and were to the extent that they felt comfortable or agreed with his decisions/policies, etc.
The man who is President Trump is a very flamboyant (?) and animated individual so, he gives up material, IMO, regularly whether one 'supports' him or not is besides the point.

Thanks Reldra (again) for posting. I'm always busy or forget to watch or...forget to look it up on Sunday morning.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It would be funny if they weren't lying cheats with an anti-American agenda. At this point they are only widening the gap between left and right and putting their ideology/movement in a deeper hole. I am all for it! Spew the hate!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wait, where's the Pelosi parady where she's all deranged, demented and dimensia'd? What about her looney sidekick Congresswoman? No Pocahantas?

Yeah, thought so. Libtard programming that only hardens middle America against you.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
May I ask (real question) when Obama was in charge did snl do a skit on him every week?

No/ Obama did not give them this much material on a weekly basis.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

It would be funny if they weren't lying cheats with an anti-American agenda. At this point they are only widening the gap between left and right and putting their ideology/movement in a deeper hole. I am all for it! Spew the hate!

Don't hold back now. Tell us how you really feel.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

oh man that is hilarious. thanks for posting.
snl is killing it...

baldwin, mccarthy, and mckinnen(sp) are all hitting it hard. i love it

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Same with me, I'm a libertarian who looks more and more like a trump supporter everyday because I can't stand the stupidity of most people on the left, but for the record I think the right is just as bad in a whole different way.

The left likes to pretend the problem doesn't exist, it's just "everything's great, there's no problems, we got this all figured out".

While the right just overreacts to every problem.

Just two sides of one crappy coin.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Who's politicizing this? SNL or you?

Um..... I believe snl is politicizing this, seeing as it's their sketch comedy show and all.......

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

John Stewart was smart and funny. I'm a lefty who continues more and more to look like a trump supporter because I can't stand stupidity.

If that's not Ironic I don't know what is.

John Stewart is a schmuck.
Dude was never funny. Just smug and condescending.
edit on 2/13/2017 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

oh man that is hilarious. thanks for posting.
snl is killing it...

baldwin, mccarthy, and mckinnen(sp) are all hitting it hard. i love it

Really? It's like the worst it has ever been. So amateurish and obvious.

top topics

join