It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s extremist bloggers helping the ‘alt-right’ go global, report finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How Britain's extremist bloggers helped the alt right go global

Holy shmoly: it was the Brits that helped to enable the Trump presidency become reality !

A rightwing network of British bloggers and social media activists has emerged as an increasingly influential voice for white nationalists and for those who oppose multiculturalism.
The network is also credited with helping propel Donald Trump to the presidency, a new report has claimed.

In its annual audit of the far right, Hope not Hate, the UK’s largest anti-racism and anti-extremism movement, said that although conventional far right groups such as the English Defence League continue to fracture, new forces have surfaced that can reach a vast international audience and bolster support for the “alt-right”, which is defined as the far right with a fringe “white nationalist element” that opposes multiculturalism and defends “western values”.

Analysis of the global far right network during 2016 – a year that witnessed Brexit and a marked populist resurgence throughout Europe and the US – identified 28 far right groups active in the UK but also named a cohort of Britons that it said were instrumental in propagating “alt-right” views and masterminding attacks on liberal democracy.

“It was a year where a new far right threat became more evident, one that played out largely on social media and to an international audience,” the report states.

“It is a threat that has been at the heart of the global fake news phenomenon and one that can engage and mobilise far greater numbers of people across Europe and north America.”

An example of these activities is provided by London-based Paul Watson, described as “editor, staff writer” for the conspiracy website InfoWars – whose most popular article on Friday morning was headlined: “Trump destroys leftist judges.” Watson, who has 483,000 Twitter followers and 764,872 subscribers on YouTube, is named as a central disseminator of the conspiracy theory concerning Hillary Clinton having debilitating health issues in the runup to the US election, including the “Is Hillary Dying?” hoax.

Another Briton said to have had an influential intervention in the US electionsis 52-year-old Jim Dowson, a Scottish Calvinist who founded the far right, anti-Muslim party Britain First. ... Among the increasingly internationalised far right movement, Dowson is considered adept at building an online fanbase, managing to attract 1.4 million Facebook followers to Britain First.

Dowson himself has described his strategy as spreading “devastating anti-Clinton, pro-Trump memes and sound bites into sections of the population too disillusioned with politics to have taken any notice of conventional campaigning”.

Another Briton named as a highly effective voice for the far right, even though he has attempted to distance himself from the movement, is Milo Yiannopoulos, technology editor of Breitbart News, the US website which claimed to have 45 million unique readers in the weeks up to and during the aftermath of Trump’s election.

I'll stop the cut 'n' paste there...Keep reading here

The gist of it all - if you were to add up the numbers - is that 'Britain' has become the global online hotbed of malignant thinking that disseminates itself through semi-acceptable 'news' websites, which then trickles out / condenses down / seeps out, as mass media consumption, which in turn, is twisted and spinned into easy to swallow teaspoons of bulltish for Joe blow to ingurgitate during the morning commute !

I'm trying hard here.... not to say it ...but but but ..hhggnnnyya
How in the hell has Britain who, a few decades ago, use to be fashion city,
democracy street ... rain...
a cup of tea and Mary Poppins

Mutated into fascist central ?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So basically what youre saying is in terms of propaganda the right is way out gunned.
On the side of the right we have some bloggers and on the left we have the MSM.
Despite the right bringing a knife to a bazooka fight the right is winning, kinda makes u wonder what sort of world wed live in if the MSM had even a modicum of balance?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh scary, Paul Joesph Watson and Milo.
Looks as though public school brainwashing not longer works.
The Mainstream media is losing it. Fake news, alt fact, a full on infowar.

What I am understanding is that Alt-right people on the internet are very persuasive. Leftist are banning and shadow banning these people left and right. They alter reddit algos.
The ideas have made it to the true free market of the internet. And they are more persuasive then what lefties are putting out. Instead of trying to debate, they demonize and villianize. And its having the opposite effect.

OP it don't work anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
To both first responders : either you've not read the quoted article and understood the context, or you're both missing the point...

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
After finding out I was alt right, by which I mean just left of center, I began taking everything seriously, ironically speaking. It's a travesty, and miraculously touching.

Everything matters as long as it is being hushed by nothing. Yarr!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a full on infowar.

Please no. Isn't just the one site of Alex yelling enough?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well Dameil, that's your opinion, I have different views, which I wont spout here, as I live to close to Europe for my own comfort, and can see how it is sinking, and soon to fracture.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
More like people all fed up with the oppressive bull# of the leftists and finally starting to reject it .

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
How Britain's extremist bloggers helped the alt right go global
I'm trying hard here.... not to say it ...but but but ..hhggnnnyya
How in the hell has Britain who, a few decades ago, use to be fashion city,
democracy street ... rain...
a cup of tea and Mary Poppins

Mutated into fascist central ?

Hope not Hate are a bunch of hypocrites who receive their funding from liberal establishment.
They close down debate including the use of violence. They don't believe in free speech and only political parties that share their views are allowed to run for election.

Surely they are the only fascists in Great Britain?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I'm in my late 30's and had been a "left winger" all my life. Over the last 10 to 15 years the so called "liberalist" agenda has infiltrated the left and hijacked it. So now we have leftist politicians all being used as mouth pieces for things like "marriage equality" AKA gay adoption...and unlimited immigration.
The Guardian has always marketed itself as a centre left "newspaper" along with the BBC and C4 news in the U.K..but all of this alledged left wing media is used to push extremist liberalism..which includes relentless attacks on "straight white males" for being straight WHITE and MALE.
If anyone has pushed the population towards the right..it's the MSM. Not only has it continually attacked and undermined the largest ethnic group and there fore the largest voting block in the west but it is in complete denial as to why people are reacting on mass by voting against so called "liberalism" AKA the wholesale destruction of the west.
We can all now see clearly that so called "socially progressive" policies are used as weapons to destroy every shred of traditionalist values.. values which are not just held by westerners but typically all ethnic groups. Attacking things like marriage and the family, in favour of promoting tranny rights and extremist forms of feminism doesn't just get a negative reaction from lots of white people..it gets a negative reaction across the board. That's why you have black Trump voters etc, which the MSM tries it's best to ignore as they don't fit the Nazi skin head image.
The far right may well be capitalising on the current state of affairs but again the MSM and its devicive, racist anti white, anti male bull**** has caused this moment in history...not a few bloggers or even info wars.
We can also now see non governmental NGO's are more often than not, funded by George Soros and used as vehicles by the intelligence agencies to gain access into countries targeted for resigme change via "popular" uprising and revolutions by using the same tactics the DNC used to stifle Trumps rallies AKA paid protestors. This would also explain why Soros still has not been arrested even though Trump is now in power.
Far right! We have a long way to go before we see anything close to the far right.

edit on 12-2-2017 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The left are obsessed with the fact that two things have happened of late that have challenged their worldview and assumptions.

First was BREXIT that demonstrated that most people in the UK (yeah, the uneducated commoners) were fed up with the urban left-leaning, self-serving elites with their patronising "we know best, peasant" attitude.

Second was Trump, who demonstrated that (surely not all uneducated commoners?) the current way of doing things by the self-serving, botox smiling, elite club who "always know best", was distrusted by a great number of people.

I love the left. I am of the left; but they really need to look inward because all the reasons why people are turning against what they are told to do, are closer to home. Certainly closer than a bunch of bloggers.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Anything which doesn't push the anti swm rubbish spewed by the leftists is automatically labelled far right by these goons.

Just fake news folks.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
People, of every colour, including white people..have been asking "but why would the predominantly white male dominated MSM, continually attack white males?????"

See, when something doesn't add up, it's because your initial calculations were off.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't think the USSR, China or Cuba had unlimited immigration policies or tranny toilets and gay adoption.
You fell for the MSM trick of getting you leftist coolaid spiked with toxic "liberalist" identity politics.
If anything excessive gay rights and anti social feminism along with unlimited immigration have been used to subvert the left wing and turn it into a joke of pathetically weak minded and easily led people..just look at someone like Fidel Castro or any of the Soviet leaders compared to Jeremy Corbyn or Berni Sanders.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Just sit back and relax. Watch them shoot themselves in the foot. The left are like trolls, don't feed them, and they wont get you. Within time, they will go away. (Especially after Soros runs out of money.)

Watch them spend their way into oblivion

a reply to: Damiel

Because they are telling the truth. Paul Joseph Watson is part of the Alex Jones show. Just click play and and listen to what he says. This is why he has become viral.

edit on th2017000000Sundayth000000Sun, 12 Feb 2017 07:31:36 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Feb 2017 07:31:36 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It didn't take the (global) establishment long to start to demonise any growing opposition to their rule over us, and this labelling of any opposition as somehow being far right, and likened to the rise of the Nazi's, is to be expected as they grasp at ever diminishing straws.
This more recent manifestation, the liberal leftists, are nothing more than establishment created, funded and organised groups set up to oppose the establishment created / imagined far right. The old divide and rule ploy at play once again.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Counterintelligence
People, of every colour, including white people..have been asking "but why would the predominantly white male dominated MSM, continually attack white males?????"

See, when something doesn't add up, it's because your initial calculations were off.

But it DOES add up. Money mogul fascists control and manipulate the MSM to demoralise white males and to undermine western values in order to destroy democratic, sovereign nations because they belong to an NWO that wants to subjugate the social order. They use the very forces that no one is supposed to criticise so that they can get away with it in plain sight, discrediting anyone who protests as a rightwing nazi with no credibility.

What's off is not "initial calculations" but your poor analysis of what is going on.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know why this is surprising, England has always had conservative extremists who did nice things like invading whole regions and hanging poor children for stealing food.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
Hmm Hmmmm

As an an example or two ?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

By embracing facism, way to go man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join