It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Renames Calhoun College Over Slavery Ties

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Oh you mean I'm not the only one that sees the irony in people who mostly want to be left alone posting about how they think somebody else should listen to how they should do things?

Private Business: We're going to do something because it's our business and we want to.

Injured Conservative Snowflake: We need to get Congress involved, this is outrageous! How dare they do something I disagree with!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I found this. en.wikipedia.org...
digitalhistories.yctl.org...
It says he worked for the East India shipping and also was transporter of slave. Take for what you think its worth.
Sounds to me like it shouldn't be named Yale either if one wants to be PC.

edit on 12-2-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Tardacus

Of course Jews were killed, but I have never read or seen evidence that it was indeed legal.

It may have been against German law, but I'm sure Hitler just gave an Executive Order to have it done anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You're absolutely right: why is it a big deal? To you, I mean.

They didn't want their building named after a flaming racist anymore. So what? I don't think anybody is going to forget that Calhoun was pro slavery and believed in the superiority of the white race just because Yale decided to not have a building named after him anymore.

I didn't even know he was a flaming racist or even who the F he was.

I wonder how many did.

But I'm glad someone offered up that VERY important info so the wrong can be righted for truth, justice and the american way!

I'm glad black students can go there in safety, now that they changed the name.

Geezus H!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You certainly take this personally-and so angry. Having an opinion doesn't make one a snowflake. Calm down-this is a discussion not confrontation.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

You certainly read far more emotion into my comment than there actually was. No need to project your feelings on to my comments, buddy.

Having an opinion does not mean one is emotional. Restating my position more bluntly because my position was misunderstood is not emotional.

Sorry you got upset.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join