It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My email to Chris Beskar and a reply!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My email

I am interested in purchasing/leasing the SLEEK in the near future, can any pre-orders be made? anything in that sense?

Are there any current pictures available of any prototypes as the CG graphics don't give a real good impression of the quality...

Will this unit be truly this cheap?

I am looking forward to a response.

Dear Mr. Blokker,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the SLEEK Sportplane. I apologize for the delay in our response, but your comment regarding the photos prompted our rendering department to get back to work! Attached as a JPG file is a current rendering of the SLEEK in a hypothetical paint scheme.

Regarding pre-orders, Stavatti does have a "Letter of Intent (LOI)" package which we can email to you as a PDF file that essentially secures a SLEEK production article. As the prototype of the aircraft has not yet flown, such LOIs are deposit-less at the time, however, once the prototype is air-borne and has at least 100 hours tach-time, we will begin accepting 5% deposits on secured production slots. That 5% deposit will then be followed by a 20% deposit once the aircraft actually enters Full Rate Production. We presently have about 45 'orders' for the aircraft (issued LOIs) not including military interest.

Regarding pricing, we are yet working with our Industry Team Members to determine ultimate flyaway costs. We are presently listing the Orenda OE600A powered SLEEK at approximately $600,000, but that is dependent upon customer selected avionics and interior configuration. We are considering a variety of powerplant configurations, including models powered by PZL radial engines and PT6 turboprops alike, hence the actual flyaway cost will vary between $500,000 and $1 million. As the SLEEK is ultimately a derivative of our MACHETE COIN aircraft, it is theoretically possible to have variants powered by the PW127 series engine, although the unit cost on those aircraft reaches over $3 million. Pure turbofan variants are also being considered at this time due to the flexibility offered by the pusher configuration, but that is ultimately based upon our work regarding the SM-47 Super Machete (which is a pure turbofan Lead-In Fighter).

To be frank, we have focused most of our efforts upon completing the MACHETE program, which will enter production first. The MACHETE satisfies an immediate military need both domestically and abroad and as it is the basis for the SLEEK, receiving full military certification and qualification for the MACHETE is ultimately extremely beneficial for the SLEEK. When the SLEEK finally does enter production (about one to two years after the MACHETE), the aerodynamics of the configuration should be well proven with assured reliability. In essence, we view the MACHETE as a 21st century P-51 or A-1 Skyraider. The SLEEK will provide civilian customers the opportunity to own a demilitarized aircraft based on a real-life fighter, which should be quite a charge. This appeals to quite a few current and former military pilots (hence our renderings depict pilots in military flight gear on optional Martin Baker Crashworthy (not ejection) seats! )

I hope this information is of assistance. As our MACHETE program evolves we will be placing far greater emphasis upon the SLEEK, however, we would be happy to send you out an LOI package and add you to our list of potential SLEEK customers if you are interested.

Best Regards and thanks for your inquiry,

Chistopher R. Beskar
STAVATTI™
TEL: 208-263-6081
FAX: 208-263-8059

This guy is certainly holding on to this thing, it seems to be this is not a hoax, no it seems much more sinister! ilike a SCAM!

However, I will NOT rule out the possibity it MIGHT be for real, but he seems to have the means and possibly the motive for a Scam.

What is your thought on this guys/gals?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well, the company claims to have Raytheon cooperating with them in their aerospace developments, but inquiries I have made to Raytheon customer support shows no Stavatti in their database - which would indicate at least to me that there have been no sales to, or R&D dollars spent by Stavatti.

I stand by my thoughts expressed in a post last year - it's bogus... until they have a plane in the air I will continue to state that.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I see other reviews of their products saying "interesting idea but there's a lot that you need to develop first"...

www.defensereview.com...

www.defensetech.org...

Here's the founder's CV
www.aiaa.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
it REALLY makes me wonder WHY he sticks to his story...i'd like your input on this...

He took the time to reply to me, and probably expects I invest in it...which I wont ofcourse...

But the concept seems fairly sound to me, kinda like a Rutan ARES with a Turbo Prop...but I'd rather buy a L-39 Albatross for that kind of money though...Much Sexier...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have a couple of theories which basically centre around the guy playing an elaborate role playing game, (after all wouldn't we all like to be the boss of an aerospace corporation?) to him being deluded and actually believing it himself.

In regards to it being a scam, he at least refuses to take any money until a prototype flies, so your money is safe as none ever will!

Just a final thought which I didn't post earlier, Look at all the various aircraft development programmes Stavatti is actively pursuing (so they claim). Now, how many different all new aircraft programmes are underway simultaneously at, say, Boeing? Lockheed? Anywhere else? Stavatti seems to be oustripping them all, with what money is this being paid for? I rest my case m'lud

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hrm, the STAVATTI name is TM'd, trademark registered, according to STAVATTI. Contact wherever names can be trademarked and check if its actualy trademarked.

I doubt someone would go trough the trouble and money to trademark a name if its a hoax ...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I just tried a search at the 'United States Patent and Trademark Office' website here for 'Stavatti' and it just came up 'Sorry, no result for your search has been found'.

Not really conclusive but someone else may like to try.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We used to live near the older Stavatti hangar in S. St. Paul, MN. It was boarded up, had one trash can and one small mail box. There were never more than two vehicles in front. From zoom maps, the Eagan, MN location looks like a house. If you read the work history of one of the executives, you'll see that he lists two separate companies worked for - they are both at one office address, which also happens to be the address for Stavatti's NY location. Huh? Another executive appears to be a technical writer/editor and a third appears to work with electrical assemblies. If you read Stavatti correspondence it is mostly the company attempting to get somewhere with its designs, but consequently being turned down. I could say much more but won't bore you. Please don't believe everything you read. Am only writing this because this website is credible and you, the readers, deserve truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I cant help thinking the images look just like one would imagine from a video game. Perhaps this is viral advertising for a new game.

Jensy

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The screenshots are off planes from X-plane... Could be microsoft flght simulator but too me this graphics are much to simpler thus I believie they are taken in "X-plane"

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yep it's all bull#, they are just aicraft models for a simulator called "X-plane" www.stavatti.com...

But hey, they fly alright im having fun thankyou!!

new topics

top topics

join