It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinner table once more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Dinner table with the family on a Saturday, chicken with rice was offered as a meal to each and everyone. We usually have a topic around the dinner table and today i addressed our gypsy heritage and asked my mother;" Spirit is something we have a lot of, dont you think are blood is cursed? Going to church would give simple means of nurturing a soul "

I looked at my nephew, and said;" I hope your soul will be everlasting " He smiled and yanked my winter beard.

My Mom sat quiet and wondered;" Dont you think a spirit is better in this world? " she said with an empty glare. " How did that work out in the world of humans? " I said annoyed;" Doing your simple obligation to society is a struggle each and everyday, just cause your soul is not there anymore "

Her husband, didnt understand a simple word, for him this is the real world and my brother sat next to me struggling with keeping the last of his soul and there was not much left. I told my brother a while ago;" Just let go, let your spirit free, we will make sure you dont fall, i will share my soul with you " But its hard trusting wild animals in a peaceful zoo.

I said to my mother;" Lets go to church tomorrow, it will do you good. Just for an hour or two" She sat quiet again, she hated when someone told her what to do. She wanted to run free, yet she never did what her mind told her to. " I dont know, lets see. " she said.

My mothers husband came in with the food he cooked for hours;" Enjoy the meal " he said with a proud smile, and we all said in a choir;" This smells lovely and turned into humans once more" just so my mothers husband could believe in a world full of soul.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Why would you ever say to your mother, around a family dinner table, "Don't you think our family is cursed?"

How hurtful. I get the feeling you have left out a lot of this story.

I feel badly for your mother. And church?

And what must your nephew think? If he were my child, I would keep him from your family meals where deep and odd comments are made. How confusing for him.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Not many gypsies in your world? À little bit of soul does miracles in my world..

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ain't you a rosebud;" The Holy Spirit prepared Mary by his grace. It was fitting that the mother of him in whom "the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" should herself be "full of grace." She was, by sheer grace, conceived without sin as the most humble of creatures, the most capable of welcoming the inexpressible gift of the Almighty. It was quite correct for the angel Gabriel to greet her as the "Daughter of Zion": "Rejoice."It is the thanksgiving of the whole People of God, and thus of the Church, which Mary in her canticle lifts up to the Father in the Holy Spirit while carrying within her the eternal Son.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Out of my league. Yours is a world I do not understand. Soul is pretty much a universally understood term.

I respect my family, especially at a dinner gathering, to discuss positive subjects and congratulations on achievements within our family.

Criticizing someone's soul is just really repulsive.

new topics

top topics

join