It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary cities cave in face of Trump's funding threats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Giving people false hope when you're just guiding them ignorantly to the border? Ruining cities and wasting badly needed funds to host people who shouldnt be here in the first place?

All they need to do is apply for citizenship, and dont commit crimes and you can stay.

Maybe they should use their funds to cover the cost of mass applications for citizenship. It would be cheaper by far, and no one needs to run anywhere.

Use the system "against" Trump, it would be the way of dignity.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Giving people false hope when you're just guiding them ignorantly to the border?

So it isn't your silver lining?

Ruining cities and wasting badly needed funds to host people who shouldnt be here in the first place?

Are you guiding them to the border or hosting them? Not very clear on that.

All they need to do is apply for citizenship, and dont commit crimes and you can stay.

I know that if it were that easy most people would jump all over that chance.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Giving people false hope when you're just guiding them ignorantly to the border?

So it isn't your silver lining?

I think people who are here illegally should just apply or leave. Sanctuary cities should do them right by paying for citizenship.

Are you guiding them to the border or hosting them? Not very clear on that.

I mean that the Sactuary Cities are fighting a losing battle, they are just collecting them in one easy spot for locating them, the deportation to the border as the only way from there.

I know that if it were that easy most people would jump all over that chance.

True, I think it should be a hell of a lot cheaper, and the Sanct. Cities should put their money where their mouth is and flip the bill for applications instead of just holding them in a losing battle. Guide them to full citizenship and then no one can say a damn thing about them being here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I think people who are here illegally should just apply or leave. Sanctuary cities should do them right by paying for citizenship.

I mean that the Sactuary Cities are fighting a losing battle, they are just collecting them in one easy spot for locating them, the deportation to the border as the only way from there.

So just let them lose the battle and be done with it. No need to fight against them on that.

True, I think it should be a hell of a lot cheaper, and the Sanct. Cities should put their money where their mouth is and flip the bill for applications instead of just holding them in a losing battle. Guide them to full citizenship and then no one can say a damn thing about them being here.

It obviously doesn't work that way. You can't guide them to full citizenship if the legal framework isn't there. It isn't just a matter of filling out applications.

If it was that easy people would be all over it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

They are here illegally. Nothing in the Constitution says anyone besides full citizens have a right to cross the border.

I'm for some reform making it more affordable, aside from that, the current prerequisites are good.

If you dont meet the requirements then too bad.

Can you give me an example of better citizenship process in another country? Not refugee pandering, but actual citizenship that is easier than what we have now.

If a city can claim "Sanctuary" in the face of Federal law, then they can do the same to motion for a more agreeable, affordable path to legitimate citizenship - if they really wanted to do something rather than holding their breath until mom and dad on capital hill gives them what they are demanding.
edit on 2142017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

None of that has anything to do with your claim that sanctuary cities are traps used for corralling illegals or that these cities should do them a solid and pay for their citizenship applications.

They are not asking for your approval so it doesn't matter if you disagree.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The same could be said about the federal laws already on the books and sob stories about people who snuck in and siphon money from US cities. It doesnt matter if you disagree, its already federal law.

I'm not sure what question you're asking. I believe Sanctuary cities are ignorant to the fact that they are just making it easier to find them because they are migrating to these cities that offer no real long term solution to legal right to be in America using resources meant for actual legal citizens

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I was pointing out that your claim was just wishful thinking on your part.

Both sides will raise a fuss and the authorities will fall somewhere in the middle, leaning one way at times and leaning the other at other times.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What type of sanctuary cities are they? All Mexican or can we start observing as the Middle Eastern Sanctuary cities begin to get hit as well? Just saying I thought the terrorists are who he was going to go after, so far it is just a few really bad dudes and a whole lot of working class families.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I wonder how many of these bad dudes being deported by President Trump were already deported by obama? I mean when obama deported some 3 million immigrants it was fine but now that President Trump has deported a few hundred everyone is in an uproar, lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
The issue is illegal aliens, not Americans.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join