It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Radiation So Destructive, Not Even Robots Can Survive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Never let a good disaster go to waste, ATS!! People are over the Fukushima plant meltdown and have moved on to the latest media craze: Donald Trump..........but Fukushima hasn't stopped.....! In fact, I'd say that things are getting worse. The radiation level inside the #2 reactor is so high that a cleaning robot had to be pulled out when the extreme radiation caused it to malfunction. To give some perspective: radiation levels right after the meltdown were at 73 sieverts per hour, however, new measurements show radiation levels at 650 sieverts per hour; 1 sievert would cause sickness while 10 would cause death within weeks.

Radiation inside Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant reached such astronomical levels Thursday that not even a robot could survive inside. A remote controlled cleaning machine sent into the incapacitated plant had to be pulled out after it ceased to function due to high levels of radiation. It was the first time a robot had entered the No. 2 reactor since the plant’s meltdown in 2011. Radiation reached “unimaginable” levels recently, experts told The Japan Times. The previous high was measured at 73 sieverts per hour, one year after the disaster. In contrast, new measurements showed radiation levels of 650 sieverts per hour. A single sievert would cause radiation sickness in a human, while a dose of 10 sieverts would cause death within weeks. “I had hoped that the previous results were wrong,” a government source told The Japan Times. “But it is certain that there is an area with high radiation levels inside the reactor.”

This Fukushima thing is "Silent but deadly" in a non-laughing manner of sorts. While we're worried about our election and the latest Trump tantrum, the reactor known as Fuku is giving a big f-u to the planet. I know there's the wormwood prophecy about a rock falling into the ocean and poisoning the waters but I wonder if this is what Wormwood really is. What says ATS?

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was interested in your post till I saw 'Wormwood' and 'prophecy'.
No thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Speaking of wormwood Im dying to try Absynthe. Definitely on my bucket list.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It is a bad thing.
But.
It isn't going to kill us all.
We need to rethink our nuclear power plants... Like where we put them, the design that we use, and all the what if factors.
The problem is, plenty of engineers went over the what ifs when Fukushima was designed and there were still plenty of things that were less than adequate... Obviously.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

To give some perspective: radiation levels right after the meltdown were at 73 sieverts per hour, however, new measurements show radiation levels at 650 sieverts per hour; 1 sievert would cause sickness while 10 would cause death within weeks.

Are you thinking that radiation levels have risen? That's not actually what's happening. They are taking readings in areas they have not done so before.

It must be stressed that radiation in this area has not been measured before, and it was expected to be extremely high. While 530 Sv/hr is the highest measured so far at Fukushima Daiichi, it does not mean that levels there are rising, but that a previously unmeasurable high-radiation area has finally been measured. Similar remote investigations are being planned for Daiichi Units 1 and 3. We should not be surprised if even higher radiation levels are found there, but only actual measurements will tell.
blog.safecast.org...

There's an ongoing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

To give some perspective: radiation levels right after the meltdown were at 73 sieverts per hour, however, new measurements show radiation levels at 650 sieverts per hour; 1 sievert would cause sickness while 10 would cause death within weeks.

Are you thinking that radiation levels have risen? That's not actually what's happening. They are taking readings in areas they have not done so before.

It must be stressed that radiation in this area has not been measured before, and it was expected to be extremely high. While 530 Sv/hr is the highest measured so far at Fukushima Daiichi, it does not mean that levels there are rising, but that a previously unmeasurable high-radiation area has finally been measured. Similar remote investigations are being planned for Daiichi Units 1 and 3. We should not be surprised if even higher radiation levels are found there, but only actual measurements will tell.
blog.safecast.org...

There's an ongoing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, Phage. Fukushima is such a big deal that it gets 2 threads!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wish there were only 2 threads for this politics. How can something so massive and deadly not be in the forefront of everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skatz
I wish there were only 2 threads for this politics. How can something so massive and deadly not be in the forefront of everything.

Yes, I agree. In all seriousness this has me worried.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: skatz

Yes, I agree. In all seriousness this has me worried.

Don't worry natural sources of radiation dump far more than this in to the ocean daily. In fact the readings aren't that high considering the volume of material.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
has anyone seen the last starfish in Monterey Bay? People are looking for it

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: skatz
The last one? No. But babies? Yes.

“There's no indication that it's carried on the through generation. It's more of an indicator that it's a virus under the water and under a lot of different environmental circumstances. They're most susceptible and then it becomes so contagious," Long Marine Lab researcher Betsy Steele.

www.ksbw.com...

Fukushima doesn't seem to be much of a factor, in any case.
ourradioactiveocean.org...
edit on 2/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ironic... that was another meltdown:

The Chernobyl Disaster, a secular book by Soviet-born Viktor Haynes, begins not with an introduction, but with the prophecy and a quote from The Concise Oxford Dictionary, 6th edition: “Chernobyl is a Russian transliteration of the Ukrainian word 'chornobyl', which in English means wormwood...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

What does mugwort have to do with a nuclear meltdown?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

Absinthe was actually disappointing I found. It's basically moonshine. For a real kick, go to the Dominican Republic and try Mamajuana.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nothing except that Lostbook mentioned Wormwood, the star the bible names that falls to earth poisoning the waters... End time stuff. I just found it ironic that Lostbook brought it up in context to Fukushima when Chernobyl literally means Wormwood....
edit on 11-2-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yeah, well. What it means in Ukrainian, is a weed. So...

Founded in 1193 the city name is the same as the local Ukrainian name for mugwort or common wormwood (Artemisia vulgaris) a species of plant belonging to the daisy family, чорнобиль or “chornobyl”.

chernobylgallery.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

ummmm yep

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sushi from the Pacific ocean will light up your world.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's cosmic synchronicity.

The odds of the right word correlating are astronomical.

It's within 3 degrees of separation.

Fukushima is Japan's Chernobyl.
Chernobyl is aka Wormwood.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CHONGO

Cesium doesn't glow much. Even in high concentrations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join