It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want You to Die if You Disagree with Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Okay. I am a liberal. Conservatives are racists, homophobes, transphobes, xenophobes and bigots.

And that's not a generalization. Do you believe me?

Try proving it.

Proving what? That it's not a generalization? Or that there are conservatives out there who are racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic and bigoted? Both would be easy to prove.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That may well be true, but given the post history of the OP (ie repeated comments that being liberal is bad, being on the left is bad, etc) I think chastising people for accepting the thread title at face value as the opinion of the OP is off-base.

Yes, people use generalizations because it's an easier (and lazier) way to make a point. Sometimes generalizations are just an expeditious way of speaking.

And sometimes they aren't.

I personally think proving the OP wrong without giving an emotional response is much more constructive, lest in doing so, you prove the OP right.
edit on 11-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I would like to see proof that all consevs are homophobes.

I believe there are gay conservs.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Do you think, honestly, that I should be labeled a terrorist??

Sure, why not? LOL

You've disguised yourself with a new Avatar (nice, BTW) so I won't know you anymore.

I'm onto you now!!

I know you love me snarl.

The place wouldn't be the same without you.

*blushes and looks at her toes* Aw gee. Well thanks! Back at you!!

Just promise when "they*" come for me to take me to the new FEMA camp for liberals that you all will come and spring me with that 2nd amendment solution. Please??? Lol!!

*they - the fascist boogeyman that is always on the other side...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I would like to see proof that all consevs are homophobes.

I believe there are gay conservs.

And I'd like to see proof that all on the left are violent and intolerant.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Okay. I am a liberal. Conservatives are racists, homophobes, transphobes, xenophobes and bigots.

And that's not a generalization. Do you believe me?

Try proving it.

Proving what? That it's not a generalization? Or that there are conservatives out there who are racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic and bigoted? Both would be easy to prove.

Try proving your assertion that conservatives are racists, homophobes, transphobes and xenophobs. I know there are also racially-mixed, homosexual, trans, immigrant conservatives who would disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Can we call each other nazis and communist to get this over with? or nationalist vs globalist? or ethnocentrist vs traitorous(outgroup preference)

Is there anyone still trying to hold compromising positions? libertarian purist don't count either, they never compromise.

I'm content to let the left dig themselves a hole.
Let them keep:
Defending terrorist
Defending felons
Defending sharia law
Defending shutting down free speech

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No then?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Can we call each other nazis and communist to get this over with? or nationalist vs globalist? or ethnocentrist vs traitorous(outgroup preference)

Is there anyone still trying to hold compromising positions? libertarian purist don't count either, they never compromise.

I'm content to let the left dig themselves a hole.
Let them keep:
Defending terrorist
Defending felons
Defending sharia law
Defending shutting down free speech

All of it illiberal.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What a good little foot soldier you are for the PTB in their divide-and-conquer war against we the people... I know you want me to look at these oh-so-horrible liberals that want me to die, but I'm looking at YOU right now and the part YOU are playing in tearing this nation apart.

Please stop with your lame excuses. You know exactly what you're doing. You know damn well that it's neither fair nor accurate to lump all liberals together in this boat... and you know damn well that doing so only fans the flames. If you wanted it otherwise, you wouldn't give these cretins any more attention and energy than absolutely necessary. Rather, you would focus on finding common ground among the reasonable and well-intentioned on both sides. You would devote your attention and energy to solutions -- not creating more problems.

But you've chosen the dark side... I can only wonder now... Do they pay you in shekels? Or is this a labor of love???

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sure, why not? LOL

You've disguised yourself with a new Avatar (nice, BTW) so I won't know you anymore.

I'm onto you now!!

Just promise when "they*" come for me to take me to the new FEMA camp for liberals that you all will come and spring me with that 2nd amendment solution. Please??? Lol!!

Ahhh ... the voices in my head say:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As do I, though that's so simple that it's been done: some of our resident lefty's have already told us they don't want anybody to die just for disagreeing with them.

My point remains that you're contending that the use of generalizations is simply an expedient speech method, and I'm contending that sometimes it isn't.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

My my that is a good old fashions scolding.

If you take a sec and look at my replies in this thread, you will see that I agree with some posts that clarify the leftist are the real problem. And that there is a concerted effort to mix liberal (that I have some alignment with) and leftists.

So take a breath and realize we probably agree.
edit on 11-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You are out of your damn mind. Divisive horse manure. Entire thread

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Sure, why not? LOL

I'm onto you now!!

It's definitely a trap.

Trust me, I'm from the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

As do I, though that's so simple that it's been done: some of our resident lefty's have already told us they don't want anybody to die just for disagreeing with them.

My point remains that you're contending that the use of generalizations is simply an expedient speech method, and I'm contending that sometimes it isn't.

If it isn't expedience, then what is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Short and sweet, thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Writing doesn't cause problems. Your reaction to it does.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well there you go - assuming I was talking about all conservatives. I wasn't. Why can't your mind understand that using the word conservatives doesn't mean all conservatives? What's that you say? You make the assumption that's what I meant because it's very easy to assume that using the term conservatives implies all conservatives?

When people start threads with "liberals want you to die if you disagree with them" and say things like "it's a fact that liberals are intolerant" with some extreme examples - it is absolutely an implication that this means all liberals.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sure, why not? LOL

I'm onto you now!!

It's definitely a trap. Trust me, I'm from the government.

And people wonder how I've lived so long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join