It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want You to Die if You Disagree with Them

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's crazy how many people have spent a part of their weekend fighting an unwinnable circular argument about something Samuel L. Jackson tweeted five years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

You included.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 12-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I live in Connecticut ...small easy to get anywhere even NYC.

Any way Yes even are little state ,we have a lot of Universities. You have a lot of extensions say UCON..." Best girl basket team for 5 years and the guys have one" There were some protesters / whatever else.... yep handing out coloring books, crayons , stuffed animals , I could have made a lot of money ,like at the parades the hawking stuff for kids.

But there was little if not much at Yale U. don't forget this is where the elite went to school. I go by the Skull and Bones, even walked by....Real Creepy.

My daughter is graduating from the University of New Haven , 5 miles away from Yale..... So ask my daughter were there any protesters at U.N.H... Her reply was ...why even ask me that ...you know abut U.N.H is about.

I graduated from U.N.H in 77 when the school was small .

Today you have a school that has been for more than 45 number one in Criminal Justice and number one o forensic science . taught by Henry Lee. So Criminal Justice is about %60, F.S. another %15 . They have a large ROTC program! Right These kids that are in the C. J. and forensic Science. At least I can say most will be the good future cause a lot of them will be protecting Us . Police ,Troopers , TNC ,cops, FBI, CIA and the Secret service. Do to the make many awards in many competitions. Competing against each other, she had pass 10P.D. test in our major cities in the top ten Not U.N H. and thier extensions . So thier is Hope we all need it!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Congrats! That's nice to hear.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I didn't exactly get into a circular argument all weekend, no. That's too exhausting for me.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Yet you are still here, crap me too.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Agreed, I have had conversations with liberals/leftists about lets say abortion. I am my usual charming self, logical and measured. It ends with a f word and I am a German WW II leader. Real fun, and it happens often.

Oh, I know that sort of conversation well! One forum I frequent, that tends to lead me to blocking the person, to avoid wasting my time! Here, some folks I just avoid. Far simpler.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There is a one way valve that far lefties like. And if you don't believe in what they do, it gets to name calling in short order.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: veracity

Here's the thing - as far as me and my first level thinking goes

I see the left as being willing to argue with itself, offer up mea culpas and sometimes eat it's own self alive trying to figure out where it is, or where it went wrong. The left fights with itself as much as it does with anyone else. If that sounds like virtue signaling, maybe it is. But while saying that might mean I think we're better - that's not what I mean at all. It just is - both good and bad

At the moment, not so much. I can only speak for myself, of course, but my experience with the current thought process of the Democratic party is "We hate Trump, we will not work with him." and most alarming, "We will not listen to anyone within the party (me) who urges us to at least try." Haven't seen a mea culpa yet. Having said that, it is only a local Democratic meeting--as I have doubts as to whether I'd be invited to a state meeting...I don't have good enough anti-Trump chops.

I don't see the more right leaning folk as being willing to criticize themselves (as obviously or as much). They are strong in their beliefs, and much more of a cohesive group than the left. This is also a good thing and a bad thing. I believe in irony - but I don't believe that we are ironically more the same than different. It should be obvious to all of us right about now that the way we think is very different

I am right leaning, in fact I'm a right leaning Democrat--which goes a long way towards explaining why I'm damned unpopular with our local wing of the Democratic party, they are, shall we say, not right leaning. The GOP right, I do have to differentiate at least a little, is much more cohesive--they wouldn't own as many state houses, and governors mansions and Congress, if they weren't.

We're not so far apart as all that, really. The end, we all agree on. It's the means we disagree on. That's where the blood begins to spill. ...and every bit of partisan rhetoric only sheds more--some of it not so metaphorical--blood.

It's our humanity that makes us the same, in most ways that are important, but our politics - whether it's nature or nurture - are different. Sometimes it takes all our differences working together, or in a civilized way against each other to keep the herd strong. As it were :-)

We are stronger together - but we are not in that place now

Amen!! I don't have anything to add to that.

We all have our fallback positions - and those don't require us to think. I'm biased - and I'm not capable of denying that, I'm not going to even pretend that my beliefs don't lie in a certain area of anybody's political chart or graph

No reason you should. There should be room enough for everyone's opinions. You may be biased, and you are. So, too, am I. I, at least, try to listen to others with whom I disagree--you're one of them. You, too, at least try to do so, as well. Others, who shall remain nameless, aren't nearly as good at it.

That doesn't mean I don't understand other positions, or even agree with them sometimes. That doesn't mean I have to agree with their approach, or their choices. As far as having an agenda - I absolutely do. Love, peace, co-existence, freedom to be who you are so long as your freedom doesn't hurt anybody else. Simple

More virtue signaling - but I know people on the right want the same things, they just approach all that differently

As I said above, you, at least, try. No one, with an ounce of common sense, requires that you agree with everything you say, or they shouldn't any way...

Agenda? Everyone's got one. Some more disagreeable than others...

When I hear people repeatedly say the left wants them to shut up, or wants them dead - they've crossed a line. They say they want free speech, but they don't want protests, they don't like SJWs, snowflakes - all of this designed to accomplish what? They want the left to shut up, back down and go away. I can see that when they see the left rising up the way it has been recently - this scares them

The left? I'd say the extreme left, unless you want to claim 'em. Personally, I think they're a bunch of deluded fools. The only thing they're going to accomplish is to harden attitudes that are already too hard.

Free speech is great, no one is against it. Protest, when does protest become riot, and there fore unacceptable? No one is against protest--but there is a difference between protest, which is a first amendment protected right, and riot, which is not protected, many of these "protests" crossed that line you mentioned.

I don't know what comes next, but when people start accusing one group of wanting them dead - that sounds like a preamble to me. We should take that seriously

None of us know for sure what's coming next...from my view, I'm not liking the trend. Attitudes on all sides have hardened to the extent that more moderate views are being shouted down, or hounded out--again, on all sides.

On the seriousness, we're in agreement.

edit on 2/12/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Are you one of the people who are rioting?

Have you drug your Trump voter out of a car today and beat his ass?

Have you had rubber bullets shot at you in the last 12 weeks?

This story more than likely does not apply to you.

Then why even post this on ATS as a direct accusation, if it doesn't apply whatsoever to anyone on ATS? It just seems like divisive bait.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I really don't see it like that. I can't say it is liberals. I believe that it is just what progression-ism has evolved into.

I would refer to this branch of Liberalism as one or two ways. Black Hole Liberal- A person who sees them self as being sucked into an irrational, ill-logical, unreasonable way of thinking, that they have fell off the edge of the sword and they just want to take it all down.

Or, and my personal favorite: Ctrl-Alt-Delete Liberal - This person cannot handle reality, and the self imposed mental construct that tells everyday normal citizens, "Maybe I shouldn't do this." does not exist. They think with their emotions, such as a spoiled child who expects to get what they want when they want it. Terms such as: Triggered, Snowflake, beta, and I am sure a slew of others, have been coined at their expense. Politically Correct term: Realistically Defective.
edit on 12-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Take a moment and read my posts in this thread, we more than likely agree.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If it weren't after 10 I'd write you a real reply, but I'm out of here

For now, I'll just say that in reality I'd have to say I'm all about the Middle Way. No extremes

Star for that though - we agree more than not. And god knows I only star people I agree with :-)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It is, isn't it?

I'm right of center, but not so far as I can't see the other side. Nor am I so omniscient that only my ideas are the right ones.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all, if we agreed far more than disagreed.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It doesn't matter if you agree more than you disagree, you are not dealing with rational thought here. If you disagree at all, you're considered their enemy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Constitution doesn't say anything about marriage, it says things about laws and liberty. Since marriage became a legal issue with protections and privileges then...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Haven't you considered 'us' the enemy for years?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

No, it's not. The noisy ones, yes. The quieter ones like myself who are at least acquainted with the center in passing? Not so much.

If y'all would quit reacting to the taunts and instigations by those opposed perhaps they'd get bored and go the hell away.

As Springer so accurately puts it: Ignore them into oblivion.

But y'all just can't do it can you? No. Some right wing/conservative/know nothing says something (((spung))), instant retaliation. Some left wing/liberal/know nothing says something (((spung))), instant retaliation.

Then the stupidity really begins...

"THEY STARTED IT!!" "NUH-UH, THEY DID!!" "DID NOT, AND YOU'RE A POOPY-HEAD!!"

"I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?"

...and so on, and on, and on, and on, and on. The Reagan years. The Bush years. The Clinton years. The Bush years. The Obama years. ...and now for the foreseeable future Trump years.

OH, JOY FOREVER UNCONFINED!!

How many years is that, bye the bye? A lot? Too damned many? Unless I'm miscounting...it's over 35 accursed years.

THIRTY-FIVE *BLEEPIN'** YEARS!!!

Actually longer, but that's the span I've been actively involved in politics.

One side wants to shut down the other. Gee-whillikers, what the Hell is new about that? Not even remotely a one-way street...or even two, for that matter.

All sides need to keep talking, but how about trying something sensible, like talking like an adult? It'd make for a pleasant change.
edit on 2/13/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Who is "us"?

I can't tell just by looking who is the enemy? What defines an enemy? I disagree with you on a fairly regular basis, in fact, you've been known to piss me off...

But you are not my enemy. In no way shape or form are you my enemy. We disagree, that's it. ...and, truth be told, you've made me think on more than one occasion. Changed my mind? Maybe not...that's not to say you won't in the future, though.

People need to get this through their bloody heads, just because we disagree today, doesn't mean we will tomorrow. Who does it hurt to listen to what the "opposition" has to say? The art of good, successful politics is compromise, and compromise is leaving everyone equally unhappy with the results. Emphasis on the equally.

In the years I've been on ATS, going on twelve as a member, I've lost count of the number of disagreements bordering on conflict that I've had with other members...but you know who I've always remembered and respected, are the one's who post with not only conviction, but maturity, and who show a willingness to listen and think themselves. That works in the world outside of ATS, too. I don't deal well with strident. But quiet, steadfast conviction will get my attention every damned time. Whether I agree or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join