It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want You to Die if You Disagree with Them

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Have you not been reading your own thread? We go from whiny SJW's to sedition. Look at ATS or any other forum or better yet look to right wing sites... like you linked to in your OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: amazing

This person searches for a story from 2012 to prove how superior his party is..

It has nothing to do with superiority.

Do you deny that what we are seeing in the so-called protests is a facet of intolerance labeling itself anti-fascism and anti-intolerance.

When people say they are all about tolerance and they way they express that is to completely shut down all viewpoints that disagree in some way with their own, then they need to look in a mirror and realize they have become the monster they say they fight.

If you defend or get defensive over this simple statement, maybe you should ask yourself why.

I don't care if my neighbors are gay. I don't care if they exist in a state they call marriage. I don't care if they're Muslim either.

All I ask is that they respect that I live my life the way I do and not expect that I MUST live exactly as they do or approve of every facet of their existence on this earth.

Furthermore, I want them to exist on their own without seeking to compel me to enter into so-called social contracts with them that I neither need nor want and that I cannot extricate myself from when they become abusive.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

I'm ok with the basket of deplorables.

At the end of the day most people at least sympathize with one side, and that has consequences at the macro level.

Perhaps my outlook has gotten to pessimistic as of late.
Hopefully the future is brighter

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't care if my neighbors are gay. I don't care if they exist in a state they call marriage. I don't care if they're Muslim either.

All I ask is that they respect that I live my life the way I do and not expect that I MUST live exactly as they do or approve of every facet of their existence on this earth.

Furthermore, I want them to exist on their own without seeking to compel me to enter into so-called social contracts with them that I neither need nor want and that I cannot extricate myself from when they become abusive.

These could be words coming straight from my mouth as well, and same goes for every person I know.

I don't believe the hype the media spews. I've seen it divide, spin, create problems where they don't exist. I've even had first hand experience with a person who ended up on the wrong side of the propaganda machine. I saw the court documents and the media's take on them. Two very different things I assure you.

I abhor violence of all kinds. I only have smiles and kind words for the people I see. Who are these protestors? Are they paid, are they puppets, do they really believe in the cause? No idea but no person I've ever met thinks it is okay to perpetuate violence for a cause. Have you met anyone like that?

edit on 11-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So still no sources.

I shake my head and look at my feet and wonder why.

Oh well talk is cheap, and you don't have a dime.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe when some stops equating to all we could have an actual conversation about the state of things.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Kali74

When you group me in as the a person complaining and say it is the right in your post, you are incorrect. I am neither conservative nor liberal.

Then why the apologist tone for the right wing and your insults constantly directed at who you deem Liberal as in the title of this thread.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck; chances are, it's a duck.
edit on 11-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I know someone who might actually be that fanatic, but since that person cut off or got cut off by the rest of us who came out of school at the same time after this last election because he went off the deep end basically, I don't know if he's chilled out any lately or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Maybe when some stops equating to all we could have an actual conversation about the state of things.

I've tried a time or two to find some common ground with you and that's not your game. I'm done trying to play that.

Reldra is much easier to find common ground with.
edit on 11-2-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Because liberals are dangerous.

So are conservatives, but for now we have people who claim to be liberal who are the rioters. Simple.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Okay, fair enough. Now rhetoric and actual violence are two different things, as I'm sure you know.

Let's say that that person you met has actually resorted to assault (I doubt it).. that's 1. Out of how many people do you know?

I ask everyone participating in this thread the same question. So far we have one possible fanatic. Let's do a tally and see if it's something we really need to be afraid of/ base our opinions of each other on or if this is a moot point masking true issues that our nation is facing.
edit on 11-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That was a general statement not a personal one. But cool. Reldra is much nicer than I am.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And let's not forget that this whole thread is based on a tweet from 2012.

Of course, we all know that when our president tweets we shouldn't take it too seriously. But Samual L Jackson?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

There's nearly as much difference between an ultra-extremist psycho-liberal and a "typical" liberal as there is between an ultra-extremist neocon and an actual (small gov / social freedom / individual rights) "paleo" conservative.

In other words, if the reasonable people on "both" sides would just realize that the 0.1% on the fringes don't represent even a small minority, let alone a majority, the discourse, and the winners of elections would improve drastically.

Referring to all of us, including myself here: Instead of focusing on the thoughts and actions of the tiny minority of nutcases among us (left and right), designed to polarize, why not just /rolleyes and let the grown-ups (the "middle 99.9%" of us) handle this?

Why can't we seem to brush off this nonsense, instead of using it as our "Did you see that play?!" spectator sport? Instead we cheer and we boo as our feet become more and more firmly cemented to one side of the wall or the other.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

What side do you suppose my feet are cemented in?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Did you miss the title of the thread?

I said tree huggers, whom are far lovelier than you SJW types..

Do you need a better school? one without the "Kill all non liberals" slant?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Quite true! These days, we have thousands of twitter posts about assassinating the president, "protesters" calling for people to die, one teacher shooting at Trump with a toy gun, another claiming that "the only good Trump supporter is a dead Trump supporter", and celebrities talking of blowing up the White House.

These same people, meanwhile, want to allow in any and all "refugees", and protect illegal aliens, while screaming for "rights" - read "special privileges" - for this or that protected group. They are the height of hypocrisy!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I'm ok with the basket of deplorables.

At the end of the day most people at least sympathize with one side, and that has consequences at the macro level.

Perhaps my outlook has gotten to pessimistic as of late.
Hopefully the future is brighter

I've been a deplorable basket case for years...

just ask my ex

thank god that didn't involve election rigging, only ww3, suicide attacks, IED's and a slew of tactics never before seen to bring a man down.

love her to pieces though.. thinking of making a religion out of it... religion of pieces.. "Holy hell, get out of here, for now is the hour of our death, amen!!!"

and no one lives....

edit on 11-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I used to think I was a liberal, when the definition was that of a normal person that just figured " live and let live".
Liberals used to be the opposite of what they are now. At least the American liberals.
They've gone insane.
I'm betting that European liberals are different than American one's. I know some Canadian ones that are still normal, but they're slowly Americanizing without realizing it. Proximity...

Apparently I'm now a libertarian anarchist. I even took a test.

No one should want others to die 🙁

From a lot of discussions with a fairly conservative person in France, the liberals they have there are much like what we see here, overall. No idea about other places, but we comment back and forth a lot about how we see the same thing in both countries!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Agreed, I have had conversations with liberals/leftists about lets say abortion. I am my usual charming self, logical and measured. It ends with a f word and I am a German WW II leader. Real fun, and it happens often.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join