It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Want You to Die if You Disagree with Them

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No. You're mixing the two methods together.

Congress can propose an amendment and vote up or down on it, and it passes with two-thirds of both houses in support, then send it to the states to ratify with a three-fourths vote in support.

OR

Two-thirds of state legislatures can call for a constitutional convention, at which point they all get together and can vote on it. A three-fourths vote passes the amendment.

Congress itself doesn't hold a convention to do anything.

www.lexisnexis.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Kali74

We have a little thing called checks and balances. Relax just a touch and see what happens.

You want me to relax when you're the one convinced that myself and people like me want to kill people that disagree with us? Worse yet, you want me to relax about a real threat to the Constitution and just see what happens. So far he's following through on everything that he said... nah I don't think I'll relax. You could use to relax though. I gave Shamrock his guns back.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep, thanks for the info that makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

We have a little thing called checks and balances. Relax just a touch and see what happens.

You want me to relax when you're the one convinced that myself and people like me want to kill people that disagree with us? Worse yet, you want me to relax about a real threat to the Constitution and just see what happens. So far he's following through on everything that he said... nah I don't think I'll relax. You could use to relax though. I gave Shamrock his guns back.

nobody has threatened the constitution boy are you liberals over dramatic.. go loot your hamper to show your discontent.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oooh sedition, treason... two other words being lobbed at Leftists an awful lot lately.

Well yes I would call undermining the POTUS for reasons political and outside the constitution......seditious anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: carabao

a reply to: carabao

It's called a constitutional convention. This is the way to alter the constitution.

Good, then change it.
Or not, keep shooting each other, idgaf.

Well Jesus Christ you just won the thread with that. What a poignant, well constructed point of debate you've made.

Completely and utterly unbidden, too. You "dgaf" but you "gaf" enough to comment about it? Makes sense.

Thank you.
But feel free to continue massacre each other in your violent society. Because 2nd amendment. Enjoy.
I'm very happy to live in a society where that is not an issue. Like I said, if this is what you want idgaf.
Remeber what an ancient nation the US is...
LOL, people from the US is shocked when they on the odd occasion wander over here and see that we have buildings that are over 500yrs old. Hell my favorite bar is 400yrs old....

Guess what, Trump is a clown. But I'm not sure he's worse than the other criminal you had up.

So criminal or clown.. Idgaf. Are we clear?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

u reed gud.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Sooo all the crap you said about Obama... is there a statute of limitations on this sedition business?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
And your thread IS the problem with America. Stereotyping and Division. Just like all Conservatives are rednecks with pick up trucks. We know this is not the case.

Yes...some hardcore liberals do want you to die. That sentence is true. But when you delete that word "some" or "A few" or "A handful" then you're trying to divide us and make it a "civil War" between liberals and conservatives.

That's what MSNBC and FOX news want you to do. That's what Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh want you to do. Don't fall for it. You're better than that.

As someone who falls into the trump supporter camp ( i voted Johnson BTW.) , i am thankful to know i am not the only one on ATS who sees this.

To me, it is clear that multiple forces are at work on every level to divide us with threads like the OP. Never before have i seen so many alienated and radicalised people in either party.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And you don't find that to be the least bit ironic or even hypocritical?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Saying bad things about the President is not even close to sedition.

Sedition is plotting to or conspiring to overthrow the government.

If we're going to start accusing people of criminal acts it's probably a good idea to be familiar with the acts pertinent to the accusations.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

And here I was, thinking it's not the brush itself, but how you use it.

You ugly brushes, just quit it. let the real brushes do the painting.. especially when it comes to politics.

Oo

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Feel free to continue to regurgitate whatever talking points you happen to pick up off your daily visits to buzzfeed.

Literally nothing in your post is relevant to anything, anywhere, in this thread. You're talking about the age of your buildings as some sort of argument? Great! You have old cathedrals! Good for you! Stay there and admire them and kindly keep your inability to form a cohesive argument about anything across the pond.

Pro-tip: you can't keep saying "IDGAF" and then continue to comment. Continuing to comment means you clearly "GAF" otherwise you wouldn't be offering your uninformed opinions when nobody required you to do so.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: kaylaluv

I would like to see proof that all consevs are homophobes.

I believe there are gay conservs.

And I'd like to see proof that all on the left are violent and intolerant.

Well, the news. but then, ALL will never fit into a single shoe.

But one big enough to say the left are pretty violent.. Guess you have to be attacked a horde of them to feel the burn though..

all in the name of tolerance mind you.

edit on 11-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why does if have to be only liberals?? I'm sure most people would find it easier if people that disagreed with them died.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You clearly seem to misundestand/misinterpret what idgaf about.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If we are going to get technical then I'll give libertarians the label Liberal back. In which case this Topic makes no sense.
really c'mon we know what the OP meant. Liberal and progressive are used interchangeably.

It's ok. Anyone who supports Trump or values different things, can be lumped in one basket.

Liberals are a diverse and select set. Dont be racist, man. Don't you know, deplorables are just KKK members with different skin colour?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Very insightful to why your post was what it was. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Getting wound about what may happen on that level? I still have to say relax, or maybe cool your jets, if that works better. Let's see what happens.
edit on 11-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join