It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video The Guardian Justifies Violence against political opponents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There is an ongoing problem with violence in politics. I will be the first to admit that this occurs on all sides of the political spectrum. Let me make it clear, violence is never justified unless it is self defense. And I don't mean slef defense because an idea or words hurt you. I mean someone is physically attacking you. If you resort to violence, you have lost the argument.

This to me seems like it itself evident. However, we are increasingly seeing that this is not the case.

This problems seems to be occurring more and more on the left, as opposition to Trump reaches a fevered pitch. We now see horrible acts of violence and riots in the name of silencing Trump supporters or other conservative speakers. When asked for examples of conservatives rioting, or even demanding the censorship of liberal people, no one seems to be able to find anything.

But we are always told that this violence is just a fringe group. For example, at Berkley, it was just a small amount rioting, and they probably weren't students we are told. Except we see administrators and faculty making excuses for this violence at Berkley, and at least five articles have been written in the Berkley student paper have endorsed the violence.

www.breitbart.com...

And yes, celebrities have endorsed violence from the left, and commentators on news networks have. But surely a main straem news paper wouldn't condone this violence, would they?

Enter The Guardian and this video.

In short, this video says that although Michelle Obama said when they go low, we go high, we have to acknowledge that this isn't always effective. The speaker contends that liberals want to engage the right on merits and debate, but the conservatives won't allow it. So in these cases like when Richard Spencer got punched, it feel great to those on the left. And while they don't endorse violence, they won't condone it either. In fact, the left needs get violent against people like Spencer to stop him.

Don't take my word for it though, watch the video.

This is insane. It is getting worse, and I feel bad for reasonable people on the left. I know people will say this happens on both sides, but point to me one main stream new site that has endorsed conservative violence against liberal? (Maybe its out there and I would condemn it too, but I haven't seen it).

Its no longer just the fringe endorsing violence on the left, its seeping into the main stream. Until people on all sides stand up to these insane proponents of violence, I feel the problem is only going to get far worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No news media suggesting right wing persons attack left wingers, no.

Your President has uttered such things while on the campaign trail. Suggesting protestors in his rallies should be punched, or beaten the hell out of. He even offered to pay the legal bills.

Of course, Hannity and O'Reilly are hate preachers, so while they do not incite violence explicitly, their every word is designed to make people spit nails and piss acid, which amounts to the same thing. But hey, this is the post truth age, so who cares if there are examples!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

First, my apologies as I am not where I can watch the video at this time. I am only replying to your text.

NO ONE I know on the left is into violence of any kind. They are peaceful.

I think it is possible that this narrative of The Violent Left is being developed in order to start justifying violence and imprisonment of the Left.

You should feel bad for reasonable people on all sides.

One protest gets overtaken by a group of masked rioters and one guy gets punched by this same type of person and suddenly THE ENTIRE LEFT is now a mass of raging violence that should therefore, naturally, be violently suppressed with militarized police, etc. That feels like the game here.

It happened in the past with the late 60's and 70's hippie movement. The Right was freaking out about a cultural shift in civil rights and women's rights and went into full propaganda mode. Some groups were violent like The Weathermen but the vast majority were peaceful protests against the Vietnam war. Sure the left has crazies and violent folks, as does the right.

This is such a freaking scary time to be alive in America.

Perhaps I should stop posting before they come for me...
edit on 11-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

There was a case when a a high schooler who supported Trump was attacked for her political views:

Warning Graphic:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's very easy for the establishment left to encourage violence, when all they have to do is say things to their impoverished, dependent base like they (evil republicans) are going to take away _______________! And, and, etc. When you threaten people's way of life, or entitlements they're quite easily angered and motivated.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Keep it classy, America.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your Detachment from reality is real. All the violence we'really seeing is coming from one side. The left side.
edit on 11-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No news media suggesting right wing persons attack left wingers, no.

Your President has uttered such things while on the campaign trail. Suggesting protestors in his rallies should be punched, or beaten the hell out of. He even offered to pay the legal bills.

I condemned that. But he didn't advocate rioting. He said to hit protestors that were over the line. A dumb comment, but no where near the same level as what is coming from people like in the OP.

Trump has also re[peatedly condemned supposed attacks on political opposition, something people like Bernie were very hesistant to do, and when done these people still must include the caveat of it being Trumps fault.

Of course, Hannity and O'Reilly are hate preachers, so while they do not incite violence explicitly, their every word is designed to make people spit nails and piss acid, which amounts to the same thing. But hey, this is the post truth age, so who cares if there are examples!

Not to pick on you, but this is exactly the problem!

You have illustrated my point perfectly.

No, no matter what you think "hate preachers" say, it is not the same as advocating violence. Your logic is exactly what the rioters at Berkley used. "Milos language is basically violence, so we are justified in beating his supporters!"

This is insanity!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is a prime example of how since the elite have lost their chosen one, they are now using the MSM and rags like the Guardian to promote civil war.

If these idiots who buy into this nonsense like cultists continue their rampage against their so called enemies, it won't end well them nor for any of us.

Basically, the globalists like Soros are promoting all out anarchy. Not sure about those so delusional in their political beliefs they actually understand the amount of blood that will be shed nor the resulting military response that will forever change the meaning of freedom if they think they can continue to promote violence without being FINALLY stood up too!

Isn't going to be pretty, and in the long run we will all lose and the so called 1% whom the team of violence supposedly hate, will realize way too late that they were used as useful idiots to accomplish the goal of elite.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The left are becoming the real fascist threat. Period.

Eventually, some will find the violence they refuse to condemn.

Sad times.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Sad times.

Why? Because they see people as humans.

I was a Republican for 40 years. They are basically isolationists. They are very ME, ME, ME.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I saw this video a few days ago. The like-dislike bar pleases me.

Though the Guardian has always been a biased leftist rag, But I lost all respect I had for them over the past year. Only a few years ago they were exposing the lies told about the "moderate opposition" in Syria, talking about their connections to NATO, America and the Saudis, while dispelling the lies told about the Syrian Government. In addition they were heavily critical of the ridiculous intervention in Libya, one of Hillary Clinton's allegedly "proudest decisions".

They also used to do good journalism, pieces on corrupt politicians, investigations into shady and unsafe business practices, and the like.

I dunno, It feels like something happened to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The left is superstitious of words. They are using a variety of forms of dehumanization and thought-policing to justify political violence against their fellow countrymen, and it works on them.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

Sad times.

I was a Republican for 40 years. They are basically isolationists. They are very ME, ME, ME.

Republicans? Isolationists? With their Imperialist wars of expansion? Okay. Isolationism seems like the superior alternative.

link   
Anytime anyone punches someone that can be considered assault. Violence at protests should not be tolerated and also the protestors should not be allowed to cause terrorism in the people. They should not block entrances to court houses or any public building. They are infringing on the rights of others. We have equal rights, the protestors need to move and not touch people who are trying to pass nor should they disrupt the flow of traffic. There is NO justification for violence in protesting, it is not protesting if there is violence. A brick is a deadly weapon, just as a knife or gun is if used as a weapon, Assault with a deadly weapons charge should be lodged against protestors throwing bricks at people.

I don't care who is protesting for what cause, the violent protesters remind me of the way the Nazi's acted, they are trying to force their beliefs on others. When we say we have freedom of religion in this country, it means we have a freedom to believe in what we believe in. Even religions do not have the right to harass others with other beliefs then they have. Religious violence against others with other beliefs is not tolerated either. This is the same as protesting, we have the right to protest but we cannot force others to believe as we do by intimidation or violence.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Sad times.

Republicans? Isolationists? With their Imperialist wars of expansion? Okay. Isolationism seems like the superior alternative.

Individual Republicans in their own immediate bubble. YES.

Conquering for gain and power is what they do. Not who they are.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Sad times.

Individual Republicans in their own immediate bubble. YES.

Conquering for gain and power is what they do. Not who they are.

Given that you were a republican for 40 years I suppose this is an admission of guilt more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The left is superstitious of words. They are using a variety of forms of dehumanization and thought-policing to justify political violence against their fellow countrymen, and it works on them.

Reverse that. Look in the mirror.

The foundation for violent suppression of the left by the right is being purposefully laid.

All these guys are doing is creating more fear in the right, and Eric Prince and the militarized police will be pitted against the protesting left. That's a "Wild prediction" until it becomes fact. That's what my eyes and mind and gut are telling me.

Then again I could be wrong and roses and sunshine may be the fruits of all of this dangerous anti-left propaganda. (Mirror mirror - see- it goes both ways)

Clarity:
I don't want violence and I refuse to be painted with that brush. I don't want to paint the whole of the right as being bent on violence either. I guess we will see where all of this goes. The right has the power now. How will they choose to wield it?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's the worrisome part. The left's reactionary attitude towards political opinion is heralding the rise of far-right groups throughout the world. While moderates are being silenced by threat of violence, coercion, and ostracism, more extreme groups rise up in their place.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

First, my apologies as I am not where I can watch the video at this time. I am only replying to your text.

NO ONE I know on the left is into violence of any kind. They are peaceful.

I think it is possible that this narrative of The Violent Left is being developed in order to start justifying violence and imprisonment of the Left.

You should feel bad for reasonable people on all sides.

One protest gets overtaken by a group of masked rioters and one guy gets punched by this same type of person and suddenly THE ENTIRE LEFT is now a mass of raging violence that should therefore, naturally, be violently suppressed with militarized police, etc. That feels like the game here.

It happened in the past with the late 60's and 70's hippie movement. The Right was freaking out about a cultural shift in civil rights and women's rights and went into full propaganda mode. Some groups were violent like The Weathermen but the vast majority were peaceful protests against the Vietnam war. Sure the left has crazies and violent folks, as does the right.

This is such a freaking scary time to be alive in America.

Perhaps I should stop posting before they come for me...

So i take it you haven't noticed every time the left protests things seem to catch fire and police are hit by rocks?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join