It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High blood pressure, not any more.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StarSirius

Sorry Star, I meant to say well done on your weight loss. Did you notice any change to your bp.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Well, there are lots of meds for heartburn, Gaviscon and omeprozole to mention two,

The problem with Prilsoec [omeprozole]...taking it regularly can cause rebound.
Taking it regularly actually made my symptoms MUCH worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

I have been using apple cider vinegar for my heartburn,and it works.I take enough pills already.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

garlic sexy? Well thank you for the chuckle, now where did I put that olive oil.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I have raw apple cider vinigar in my cupboard. Do you just take it for heartburn.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Oh sorry to hear that. Funny thing is, I was prescribed omeprozole for years as I had reflux and I dumped that as well, months ago.

Little by little I'm getting rid of all the meds.

In eight weeks I will be meds free

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Congrats on your success!!!

Sounds like your health has become far improved by dietary changes.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I was so interested in your reply, because just last week I was reading that sugar is the real culprit to high bp. There was even a recipe for salt to be taken but its a bit foggy so I'll have to go into my history and see if I can find the info.

Right now I have to log off, but I will be sure to come back this evening and if I find the article I'll let you know.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

To be honest, it's dumping the meds that has made such a difference.

Thank you so much for your kind words . I really appreciate them.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Fish oil, Garlic, Co-Q10 ( look this up if you want ), Exercise, Meditation/Relaxation, Sleep - Are some of the main things I've seen that are good for BP -

I was getting around 145/90, which isn't extreme, but after a couple changes, I'm closer to 120/75 - And also lost about 10-15 pounds.

Diet is tougher because I want to enjoy what I eat - But I'm surprised at what I've come to enjoy eating. Chicken salads with plenty of spinach, and other greens, for instance. Fish with steamed vegetables on occasion.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash

garlic sexy? Well thank you for the chuckle, now where did I put that olive oil.

I think is something that occurs inside women's mind when a man cooks the garlic, olive oil and herbs. That aroma triggers a little romantic vision. Get 2 options of red wine ready, many women won't drink it if it is not sweet. A nice Lambrusco won't fail.

Warning : This won't be good for your blood pressure.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Hi.
Did you just change your diet to lose weight or did you exercise too?

I've made a note and will check out your recommendations.

Well done by the way.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A big thank you Ricky. Because of your reply I checked out the danger of toxins in celery and was shocked.

There is a list of food stuffs that are considered pretty toxic, celery, apples, strawberries, bell peppers to name just a few.

So the info is that these (besides others) can carry up to 64 different pesticides that can be harmful.

The answer is to eat certain produce that is organically grown.

I will definitely buy organic from now on.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What an idiot I am. The clue was in your user name. But, I hope you see the funny side.

I am a woman, but oh boy, did I laugh (with you) I hope, not at you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No.Originally I did,but later on I discovered that it also helps in regulating blood sugar.Diabetes runs in my family,so I figured every little bit would help.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I take a combination of Ashwaganda and Magnesium and that has lowered my blood pressure by 30-40 points systolic and 20 points diastolic. No meds for me either.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

No...Lemons are the only Citrus fruit that turns alkaline as soon as it hits your palate

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I took my meds during that last post I made where I told you what I was taking. About 6 hours later I had to chase our little dog around the woods for a half an hour. I was walking pretty fast and sprinted into a jog about four times (still never got close to that little bugger). I got really winded after that, thought I was going to stroke out. Then I stopped chasing her and split up about 7 or 8 logs and brought the wood in. The whole deal was an hour. I took my BP before I even cooled down and it was 114/72, well below normal, esp. for me.

My point is that if I were doing that sort of thing everyday, and for longer periods, those meds would drop my BP way too low. Just the exercise would do a world of good and I could probably get off them if I worked out and jogged everyday. Diet and exercise would do the trick, I'm certain.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnaBecker

That is interesting. I will be checking it out very soon. Thank you.

Must admit though, I have never heard of ashwaganda. I'm making a list of all the proven remedies. It is going to cost a fortune, but if it beats the meds, so be it.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I get your point and totally agree. I was unable to walk because the swelling hurt so bad, but once I stopped the meds, the swelling disappeared completely and last Wednesday I went for a 20 minute walk for the first time in ages. When I got back my bp had dropped to 123/71. Yesterday it was down to 120 for the first time in years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join