It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders cut off from CNN After calling them Fake News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Interesting that the OP's video cuts the whole rest of the conversation off.
What's the problem with doing that .Seems that MSM collects sound bites all the time and contextualizes them into a narrative that is the truth on steroids upside down and going 180 degrees away from any point of truth . Then people who live under rocks come out and ask " whats that big bright thing in the sky ? shouldn't we all be afraid ? why is not every one running ? Then they crawl back under that rock to hide from the light and the truth .

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I never thought it would get this bad.

Adam? I think it is about time to reset.

They have gone and done it again.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't like it when anyone does it in an attempt to prove a false narrative. I don't like it when the MSM does it and I don't like it when someone on ATS does it either.

The fact is, Bernie wasn't shut down for saying the words "fake news" in relation to CNN. They fixed the problem with Bernie's earpiece and brought him back to finish the interview.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

General VoNguyen Giap.

General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader

of the North Vietnam military. The following quote

is from his memoirs currently found in the

Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:

'What we still don't understand is why you Americans

stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the

ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder,

just for another day or two, we were ready

to surrender! It was the same at the

battle of TET. You defeated us!

We knew it, and we thought

you knew it.

But we were elated to notice your media was

helping us. They were causing more disruption in

America than we could in the battlefields. We

were ready to surrender. You had won!'

General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed

what most Americans knew. The Vietnam war was not

lost in Vietnam — it was lost at home. The

same slippery slope, sponsored by the U.S. media,

is currently underway. It exposes the

enormous power of a Biased Media to

cut out the heart and will of

the American public.

A truism worthy of note: . . . Do not fear the enemy,
for they can take only your life.
Fear the media,
for they will distort your grasp of reality and destroy your honor

Good stuff. I like the quote at the end.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't like it when anyone does it in an attempt to prove a false narrative. I don't like it when the MSM does it and I don't like it when someone on ATS does it either.

The fact is, Bernie wasn't shut down for saying the words "fake news" in relation to CNN. They fixed the problem with Bernie's earpiece and brought him back to finish the interview.

I think not.. It is one thing for the right to say "fake news" but when one of their own says it, that is not good at all, for them. They did not like it.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A Fake Journalist from a FAKE NEWS station with a FAKE congressman.

TRUTH you can believe!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I think not.. It is one thing for the right to say "fake news" but when one of their own says it, that is not good at all, for them. They did not like it.

They didn't like it so they fixed his earpiece and brought him back to talk for 10 more minutes?

Yeah, okay.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: 727Sky
Guess what? It is not Americas job now, nor has it ever been, to prevent the spread of communism, or to force nations to behave in a way which lines up with the American ideal.

That one time it was valid to do anything like invade another nation in order to oust a dangerous regime, was the time when the Americans turned up years late to the fight against the Nazis.

So America has no business thinking on its own. I.e., invading to prevent the threat of tyranny. But if we do it after it's already a threat, we're too late and you'll hold that against us? I guess we're doomed to be seen as failing either way.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The guys who were drafted or even volunteered for god, country, mom's apple pie, and uncle scammy, did not know or have the 20/20 hind sight that many claim to possess today. They went to a war and fought, died, became crispy critters and in some cases came back missing important pieces of their bodies to be called baby killers and spat upon by the Jane Fonda wantabies because their government said it was their duty to go or face jail time..

If you are going to fight a declared war for whatever reason, then it is simple in my simple mind...fight it to win or do not bother.. But I realize I am old school. youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Bull.

Face facts. Your nation has only instigated war with another, when that other nation has either always been ten times weaker than yours in terms of its military strength (when armour, air power and mobility are concerned at any rate), or, in the one instance where they were needed, did not show up until everyone else had already been at war for their lives for years. Look at the thing without your red, white and blue spectacles on, and tell me the sun shines out of Americas netherparts. Go ahead, but if you can still say that America has always done the right thing in these matters, rather than acting like a pathetic coward, only hitting the weak or the weakened, then we will know how deep the programming goes.
edit on 11-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The excuse of a lack of hindsight, or rather, a lack of critical thinking ability, does not wash these days though, and the same illegitimate types of war, are being started and fought the same way, and people keep feeding the military bodies to fight them with.

That IS wrong, there is NO justification for it. People have access to more and better data now, than they have ever had before, most notably information which makes it patently obvious to all and sundry, that the government do not care for the people, do not operate in their interests, do not go to war for just reasons, against foes worth fighting, but instead choose targets that are so soft when compared to themselves, that to call any action against them a war rather than a planned massacre, is disingenuous.

Why then do people still sign up to have their lives spent in service of greed? Because THAT is what lives are spent on now. There is no righteousness in it, no moral argument which affixes nobility to going into action on behalf of the corporatist states of America. There has not been since the forties, and all that came with them. So what the hell are people still joining up for? I will tell you one thing for certain... it is not because they are better informed than I am.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Bull.

Face facts. Your nation has only instigated war with another, when that other nation has either always been ten times weaker than yours in terms of its military strength (when armour, air power and mobility are concerned at any rate), or, in the one instance where they were needed, did not show up until everyone else had already been at war for their lives for years. Look at the thing without your red, white and blue spectacles on, and tell me the sun shines out of Americas netherparts. Go ahead, but if you can still say that America has always done the right thing in these matters, rather than acting like a pathetic coward, only hitting the weak or the weakened, then we will know how deep the programming goes.

There aren't a lot of nations with the military strength of the US so in order for us to prove to you we're tough enough we have to invade China or Russia? The US hasn't always done he right thing, but in general, we're called upon to police the world.

The "pathetic cowards", by the way, are all the other western nations that do absolutely nothing to liberate people from oppression. Consider life in North Korea. What do you think should be done for those people? Why not do something bold instead of waiting for the US to do something or complain when we're not doing enough.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

We are talking about a time frame of 1965 to 1975.. different time and certainly different mind set.
Why do people join today ? No doubt everyone has many different reasons.. you would have to ask them... I hung up my nation building guns many years ago

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Or, how about this, do not involve western people in solving a problem which was created exclusively in the East, and largely by the Chinese and the Russians.

How about keeping noses out of it, until such time as it is necessary to act to defend the world from an imminent threat, not a notional one? NK cannot do squat right now, without getting pinned down and butchered from more than three separate directions at once, ergo, it will not do anything. Therefore, there is nothing to deal with. If China want in on that, they can spend the money and some of their innumerable citizens lives on the project.

What should be done for the people, is what is being done already. There are waypoints, shelters, and diplomatic services being offered to defectors who escape North Korean territory, and that is all that is necessary at this point.
edit on 11-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That's pretty funny coming from you, whose posts over the months have wildly speculated about the most obtuse and outrageous of conclusions.

In the present circumstance, it remains completely plausible that someone in the control room got trigger finger. The fact he returns later doesn't exclude that possibility.

Moreover, what I say about the clip is:

Bernie cracks a CNN fake news joke and it looks like someone at CNN didn't think it was so funny.

It did look like.

The absence of the words would be a 'false' narrative. I wasn't in the control room and I assume neither were you, so who knows what really happened? Neither possibly can be discounted, even though you falsely assert otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ha, good for Bernie, he knows CNN conspired with the DNC and Clinton campaign to eliminate him from the nomination.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Your theory might make more sense if they had cut his mic off. If someone starts to speak words that are offensive in some way, you cut off their voice so people can't hear them. It happens sometimes on live tv. But that's not what happened here, is it?

Nope, I'm afraid what it looked like was that his earpiece quit working. They apologized, fixed it, and moved on to the rest of the interview. That also happens sometimes on live tv.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So does fat fingering something in a panic to stop it.

See how that works?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

So does fat fingering something in a panic to stop it.

See how that works?

Still not a good theory. A button takes less than a second to push. Bernie sat there for several seconds not hearing. Would have only taken a second to turn the earpiece back on if it had been turned off accidentally in the first place. It took a commercial break to fix it. Just enough time to change out the earpiece, which takes more then a second.

Or, it could have been aliens interfering - since we weren't there we don't know. I think my theory makes the most sense though.
edit on 11-2-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Impeccable timing for a "technical difficulty".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join