It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn - Traitor or Dog Without a Leash?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Meh, you know as well as I do that right wing republicans don't do squat for society, project their issues to others rather than take accountability, and have this entitled sense that the country and the constitution belongs to them when in reality, they have no comprehension and plan for all of these matters.

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Interesting article that all should read below about Flynn making an unsanctioned call to Russian ambassador. Once again, information leaking from Washington about this situation that sheds light as to how Flynn is viewed.

So is this guy a traitor? Most likely not, but what he did can amount to treason and begs the question, 1. why did you lie when asked? 2. what did you say to the Russian Ambassador, and 3. what is your exact relationship with Russia?

Is Flynn a bull in a china shop? From the looks of this article, it looks like it. Just the kind of guy that Trump likes because birds of the same feather flock together. But this goes to a deeper question of entitlement and thinking that he's above the law. These are big problems for the republican party and especially this administration that does not think rules apply to them as well. Entitlement is the disease that plagues the right and will ultimately take down Trump, who has the worst administration in US history.

www.politico.com...

You could have had credibility but you blew it. all you had to say was both parties. Instead the thread will devolve into party comparisons. Why would you sabotage your own topic?!?!?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

People with agendas don't care about facts.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Such as Trump, Bill O'Reilly, Alex Jones, and Sean Sphincter, and Sean Hannity right? Like these guys are the harbingers of truth. LOL!

originally posted by: c2oden
a reply to: loam

People with agendas don't care about facts.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Ah, so the article looks at federal spending given to the states, which would include dollars spent on military bases, large infrastructure projects and other decidedly 'un'-welfare like funding, call it welfare and like a lemming you jump off that cliff with them?

Never mind actually looking at REAL welfare spending, when you have a political point you wish to make.

I have followed BI for years. Each year it gets progressively worse to the point that I now consider it one of the biggest purveyors of fake news.

Like your original OP, don't believe everything you read.

edit on 11-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Actually, the largest base of welfare recipients live in the south...where we find a large concentration of right wing hucksters. Too entitled to find a job and too entitled to do anything at the job if you can even land one.

Where did you get those alternative 'facts'?

Mine come from the Department of Commerce:

Welfare Statistics, as of September 2, 2016.

Doesn't look very GOP likely to me.

SeekingAlpha does not understand the states with the greatest % black population are in the south. LOL. I hope he singles out mississippi.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Meh, you know as well as I do that right wing republicans don't do squat for society, project their issues to others rather than take accountability, and have this entitled sense that the country and the constitution belongs to them when in reality, they have no comprehension and plan for all of these matters.

Interesting article that all should read below about Flynn making an unsanctioned call to Russian ambassador. Once again, information leaking from Washington about this situation that sheds light as to how Flynn is viewed.

So is this guy a traitor? Most likely not, but what he did can amount to treason and begs the question, 1. why did you lie when asked? 2. what did you say to the Russian Ambassador, and 3. what is your exact relationship with Russia?

Is Flynn a bull in a china shop? From the looks of this article, it looks like it. Just the kind of guy that Trump likes because birds of the same feather flock together. But this goes to a deeper question of entitlement and thinking that he's above the law. These are big problems for the republican party and especially this administration that does not think rules apply to them as well. Entitlement is the disease that plagues the right and will ultimately take down Trump, who has the worst administration in US history.

www.politico.com...

You could have had credibility but you blew it. all you had to say was both parties. Instead the thread will devolve into party comparisons. Why would you sabotage your own topic?!?!?

Why even waste your time writing that garbage? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your news sources did not cover wikileaks, or rigging it against bernie.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Sad how easily people allow themselves to be led by the nose.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Dbl post....

Always wondered how that happened. Now I know. Lol

edit on 11-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok, I will play.

Yes, the article covers federal spending which is more accurate the just looking at dollars spent for welfare. Of course dollars spent is going to show that blue states have a high bill. Why? It cost more to live in blue states so the welfare payouts are greater. Not only that, our population is many times the size of red states so the dollar to dollar comparison for welfare only doesn't fly.

You have to look at total money intake from the states from the federal govt. These low population states spend the most because the states don't pay their own share in taxes. Your blue state bigger brothers have to carry them. Also, two of the biggest expenses for all states, but more particularly red states, is 1. welfare expenses and 2. medical bankruptcies.

Your red states are broke. With the soaring cost of medical care (that right wingers won't touch because they have been bought out by big pharma and insurance companies), your red state citizens had been going bankrupt which becomes a massive expense for the states. If it was not for the large federal aid (hence the reason why I posted my article) your red states would be crushed by unpaid state bills and medical bankruptcies. This is why Obamacare is important because it is helping our national deficit which the red states significantly contributes to in their own way of not paying for their own bills.

As for BI, look, they call it like they see it which is why they are more reputable than some of the other news outlets. For you right wingers, yes, there is a real world where people don't live by alternative facts and deal with reality. BI has been critical at times of the right because of the garbage policies and positions it takes. Sadly, you dislike it because you find the truth is hard to swallow.

Ah, so the article looks at federal spending given to the states, which would include dollars spent on military bases, large infrastructure projects and other decidedly 'un'-welfare like funding, call it welfare and like a lemming you jump off that cliff with them?

Never mind actually looking at REAL welfare spending, when you have a political point you wish to make.

I have followed BI for years. Each year it gets progressively worse to the point that I now consider it one of the biggest purveyors of fake news.

Like your original OP, don't believe everything you read.

edit on 11-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
California has a large black population, but not all are welfare recipients. You might want to fix your race relationships in the South before blaming the welfare issues on blacks. And I'm sorry, xenophobia isn't helping you guys.

Actually, the largest base of welfare recipients live in the south...where we find a large concentration of right wing hucksters. Too entitled to find a job and too entitled to do anything at the job if you can even land one.

Where did you get those alternative 'facts'?

Mine come from the Department of Commerce:

Welfare Statistics, as of September 2, 2016.

Doesn't look very GOP likely to me.

SeekingAlpha does not understand the states with the greatest % black population are in the south. LOL. I hope he singles out mississippi.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You completely forget Huge expenditures like defense spending. Retirenment benefits. Infrastructure projects tend to compliment the whole country as food and goods have to cross the nation. large low density states need more funding for roads.

Welfare usage by state. lets's not pussyfoot around.

To top it off, blue states are not better with their money, they carry much worse per capita debt loads in their state's finances. Red states in general have better budget situations than blue ones.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

At the time the Obama administration and the MSM were trying like hell to start world war three- the truth is this guy probably deserves a medal not criticism. Only countries outside the US know how close you came.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh where to start...

Your original assertion was:

So you weren't talking about dollars spent, but 'largest base of welfare recipients', and from that asserted they were mostly concentrated in the southern red states and therefore right-wing hucksters.

I responded to the fallacy of that assertion by showing you the ACTUAL demographics of welfare recipients. There is nothing about dollars received in that graphic.

But now you argue:

Yes, the article covers federal spending which is more accurate the just looking at dollars spent for welfare. Of course dollars spent is going to show that blue states have a high bill.

Where did you get that??? The BI article says red states get the federal dollars. Moreover, you completely avoid the fact that federal dollars referenced in the article is not limited to welfare benefits but all federal dollars to the states.

Then you make more bizarre assertions about medical expense. How about you start providing some credible government expense sources? Because much of what you say is complete BS.

Your red states are broke.

You just makes this crap up, don't you?

Ranking the States by Fiscal Condition 2016 Edition.

Look at that. All of the above average states are the red states. None of them, with the exception of Kentucky, are below average. Nearly ALL OF THE BLUE STATES are below average.

We can avoid the whole BI and alternative fact discussion. It's pretty clear you and they either purposefully mislead or can't tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Moving on. I don't do exercises in futility very well.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It depends. Put a Clinton appointee in his place and the right would have hung him/her by now.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

A definite yes to a Dog without a Leash.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
When one cannot argue the facts many times they resort to name calling. Name calling is the first indication of weakness. a reply to: SeekingAlpha

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Flynn is the tip of the iceberg.
Watch this space.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Too funny. I'm a dem and I could give another family a free ride with my own cash.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

What does this have to do with general Flynn?

Isn't that what this thread is about?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join