It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the british military

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great power brings, great responsibility!

And i cant really say US / UK forces are much of different compared to many other countrys, both pretty much use ammos all they want and both has same type of bad apples amongst em and bad publicity sell better than good one. US just steal all the publicity, its everyones favorite bash country and has more soldiers to give those who hunt bad stories to write about.

If wish to generalise US way of training is more of make professional in one type of weaponry, while UK trains jack of all. After moving away all the bad apples from blocking the view i would say US hold better inviduals on their weapons of choice compared to UK simple cause of more training, live exercise and support to become pro. Of course in military all sort of skills are needed, so US rolls well long as tools wont fail and UK soldiers are less depend to make a call to head mechanic to come fix my tank, it battery went off. Everyone can make their own conclusions, personally i would be better suited to become Pro on one thing, as im Pro in many things atm.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LOL!

Mate, Its the other way around, The British Army trains better than the US Army... Also the M-16 is probally one of the WORST weapons chosen for Combat, whilest a perfectly capable weapon for shooting - It is not good for use 'in the field'.. Now I'll admit the L85A1 isnt great either, but it is still better than the M-16 in terms of relability, which in my books is the most important thing about combst use of a weapon, that it works!

The British Army and the American Army have had 'War Games' and the British side have shown in many cases they are better than the American Army... Also in terms of Special Forces the SAS have trained against the Delta Force and won almost every time!

The only thing more powerful about the US Army is the Sheer Number advantage against the British Army!!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
were as good as the US when u think about it, if not better. im not the sort of kid that thinks england is the greatest place to be, its just i think the US military is pretty stupid sometimes. they shoot at their own people and are allways looking for new ways to make atomic bombs that shouldnt be invented even stronger, soon enough itll be the US destroying themselves. allthough it is pretty funny sometimes with some of the ideas they have. i read in the paper when clinton was pres he decided to make a bomb to turn enemy soldiers gay!

dude i dont meen to piss on your or americas bonfire because i love the place, its just the army shouldnt really be regarded as amazing.

p.s i do admit though it does have more power, weapons, people and without them UK would of died in iraq

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
U.S. forces and UK forces are about equal I'd say in terms of individual soldier skill and professionalism. If the UK military was the same size as the US military, they'd run into problems of killing their own troops once in awhile as well. No military has perfect intelligence.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Mate, Its the other way around, The British Army trains better than the US Army... Also the M-16 is probally one of the WORST weapons chosen for Combat, whilest a perfectly capable weapon for shooting - It is not good for use 'in the field'.. Now I'll admit the L85A1 isnt great either, but it is still better than the M-16 in terms of relability, which in my books is the most important thing about combst use of a weapon, that it works!

It's worked pretty good in both wars with Iraq under the harshest of conditions.

The British Army and the American Army have had 'War Games' and the British side have shown in many cases they are better than the American Army... Also in terms of Special Forces the SAS have trained against the Delta Force and won almost every time!

You know, you only here about the times America loses war games...

The only thing more powerful about the US Army is the Sheer Number advantage against the British Army!!

Way better equipment and funding, as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Devilswasp, one what helicopter do u have that is the fastest???(i dont mean that in a snotty way)

two, i believe a few nations have stealth ships now, dont quote me on this but i believe, the US, UK, Germany, Russia, and Finland are the few that i belive do, but im only 13, so i may be missing quite a few. Oh yes and South Africa has one. You may be right about first stealth ship though.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
To say that the Delta Force always lost to the SAS is pure B.S. I'd think, as those two Special Operations Forces are TOTALLY CLASSIFIED. Nothing about their training, or how they train, is revealed.

It is true that the U.S. Delta Force have the best training facility, but that is probably do to higher funding.

It is also true that the Delta Force is modeled off of the British SAS. Both are the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite.

Basically, in the 60s or 70s, an American did some work with the Delta Force and decided that a similar force would be a very good addition to the U.S. military.

There are probably special operations forces that no one knows about in both countries; everyone says SAS and Delta are the best, yada yada yada in comparison to Army Rangers, Navy SEALs, Marine Force Recon, British Royal Marines, etc...that is probably true, but there could be secret forces that no one knows of as well. Someone, at some point in time, has to open their mouth to the public for the Delta and SAS to be known about. There could be some forces that the public doesn't.

Or maybe I am just imagining too much, but anyways.

Why can't everyone understand that all special operations forces learn from each other????

The Marines recently did an exercise with the French Foreign Legion and both groups of troops learned skills from each other. United States Marine Corps snipers are the best in the world, and other countries learn from them. British Royal Marines and US Marines have done work together and have great respect for each other.

It is all you guys who keep making up such stupid assessions about which soldiers are better. At heart, they're MEN, not pieces of machinery.

Troops are troops, they have skills, different ways of doing things, all special operations forces have areas they are better at than others.

British troops and American troops are amongst the best in the world, this has been shown. The French Foreign Legion is also very good and very professional (then again they ain't French though, just trained by the French more or less:cool

German troops were very good, but their military has lately become very degrated. Japanese troops were good back in the day, these days probably not so. Japan had sent some troops to Iraq though (though I think they were recalled).

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
Devilswasp, one what helicopter do u have that is the fastest???(i dont mean that in a snotty way)

two, i believe a few nations have stealth ships now, dont quote me on this but i believe, the US, UK, Germany, Russia, and Finland are the few that i belive do, but im only 13, so i may be missing quite a few. Oh yes and South Africa has one. You may be right about first stealth ship though.

He is refering to the Lynx helicopter

There is plenty of information on here already about current and near future stealth ship designs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My faveroute helicopter ever made!
The westland super lynx mrk8, broke the speed record to reach a crazy 400KMH record!
Now even with the latest tech the comanche was still slower!
By about 1 or 2 kmph like but still is pretty impressive.
Can also perform loops BTW.....
BTW broadsword the SAS isnt really classified since lots of exmembers write books about it, andy mcnab and chris ryan to name a few...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, the British Army has the best pound for pound fighters in the world.
The Americans have a massive size advantage, but the British army wins out every time.

We are much better at fighting in built up areas (FIBUA), and have a greater base skill level amongst our troops.

Oh, and of course, we have the SBS. Now they are Special!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Oh, and as for sneaky beaky operations, Force Research Unit beat any int unit any where hands down. 14 Int, wow.!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

To say that the Delta Force always lost to the SAS is pure B.S. I'd think, as those two Special Operations Forces are TOTALLY CLASSIFIED. Nothing about their training, or how they train, is revealed.

Well Quite Frankly I think that Sentence is utter B.S!! "TOTALLY CLASSIFIED" my ass!! Is that why not long ago there was a program on called "SAS are YOU Tough Enough??" and It had some people training with SAS members and going through all the training they do to see who might be tough enough by the end to actually join the SAS...

Basically, in the 60s or 70s, an American did some work with the Delta Force and decided that a similar force would be a very good addition to the U.S. military.

I'll take it you mean the SAS... Well it will probally have been the 70's as the SAS actually took a while to get back together and to become the Best of the Best from disbandment after the Second World War

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Squid, could you please place some proof for your claims? They seem big-headed with no reason to be. Also that SAS, are you tough enough had nothing to to with war games involving SAS against american forces. It was a show put on by ex-SAS members to see if members of the public were capable of joining the SAS, albeit, going very easy on them.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by MancombSeepgood]

[edit on 8-2-2005 by MancombSeepgood]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join