It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could the Right possibly justify this travel ban?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

If you read the thread I addressed the same question without 'partisan' slant already. Do you have an additional comment about it? I theorize the Right because 'the Government' is very Right atm, and while the Left obviously has nasty ways they benefit from this idea, the Right atm would gain unspoken authority despite 'correctness' and that's invaluable from citizens and presents a dangerous situation.

The point is Terrorism can not dictate these kinds of laws without extreme precision of identification.

Ok so you are not making a claim, you are asking a question.

What are the chances of a false flag vs. a real terror attack?

I think the odds of a real terror attack are much greater, because we see hundreds of terror attacks a year, and I have not seen any evidence to suggest the majority of them are false flags.

So its seems the chances of a real attack are far greater.

I'm speaking large scale destruction, and within the United States.

Hundreds a year?

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

You are almost getting to specific.

The point is their are a lot of terror attacks worldwide a year. This suggests that regardless of scale, any given terror attack is likely to be real.

But fine, I will take this out of the equation.

The first question to ask is who would benefit from an attack. While the government could benefit by getting a war or laws the wanted passed, and the terrorists benefit by killing their enemies and keeping a holy war going they want.

So I guess thats a wash. The next question is what would the difficulty be for each situation.

Given or border security and overall poor job at domestic security, it seems it wouldn't be to hard for a terrorists that was really committed to have a large scale terror attack.

For a false flag, I am not saying it isn't doable, but it would require much more planning and covering up.

The third thing to look at would be the risk invilved in each side. The terrorsist is probably willing to die, and incurs almost no risk. The government would incur great risk, especially given how leaky they have been lately. If the attempted a false flag and were found out, not only would they lose all power, they would be executed.

So given this, I would say a real terror attack is more likely.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"How could the Right possibly justify this travel ban?"

Franklin D. Roosevelt was a democrat.

And he justified this.

Sooo.....................

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Either you are a troll, or you are young and indoctrinated, or you are a Ctrl Alt Delete liberal.

I'm starting to believe a false flag terrorist attack could be inc Esp with false terror attacks being cited as 'evidence' now.

I am sure they are trying to attack, but our security is being beefed up. Is there something you need to tell us? You are bringing up a false flag scenario for something you are starting to believe will happen. If you see something, say something. Remember?

What are the odds the Right try a terror attack against America again to regain control with some sort of black/psy-op?

Zero odds. We have a President trying to protect us now and he is being fault every step of the way. Why would he do that, if he is trying to protect us already. Do you not think that he wants to protect us from our government also?

At this point, a terrorist would be worshiped by the Right if they showed up and killed a bunch of people.

So you believe that the people who voted for Trump to stop this from happening would want it? Do you realize how that sounds?

It would be a golden egg to their argument that would reign over the next 8 years, similar to another Republican story. I feel that not only are they not wanting to avoid this situation, they are pushing for it, and if they can't bring it to fruition naturally, they will make it happen with Hollywood Government Magik and fake it.

Okay this question will see if that projection of your feelings is true or not.
Should we let a culture of people, that have been raised from birth to hate the U.S., into our country? I would answer that with a no. How do you answer.

If you answer with a yes, and that is what happens, then those odds you were talking about earlier dramatically increases the chance for a real terrorist attack.

They will just tell Jehab, that he can either spend his life in prison, or he can go commit a terrorist attack and they will pay his family blood money. Boom. Instant war and revived war mongering economy lead by crazy over-reactionary neo-fascists.

And this bit of your post. You do realize that you are projecting what you would do to carry out an agenda such as this, right? So it really doesn't seem like you are speaking for Republicans, but actually more for the Democrats.
edit on 10-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They haven't needed a golden egg, Boston bombing and San Bernadino were enough. Hell, between 9/11, Madrid and Paris, it was enough.

Letting Ambassador Stevens die was enough.

How long before enough is too much?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

How could the Right possibly justify this travel ban?

Ah , it would Protect American Citizens from Yet Another Terrorist Attack on U.S. Soil , Duh ?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

How could the "right" justify a travel ban? Your Question.
Do you want to really know what happens if "they" don't?
My Answer.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Terrorists won. Millions encumbered verses 100~ deaths a year.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Don't be silly.
Lets see... hmmm,
is The United States of America the
only country to issue a temporary travel
restrictions?

travel.gc.ca...

travel.state.gov...

wikitravel.org...

www.gov.uk...

www.worldtravelguide.net...

travel.state.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Sorry it is the left that pays people to perpetrate violence!

Seriously don't you read the news?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

What are the odds the Right try a terror attack against America again to regain control with some sort of black/psy-op?

At this point, a terrorist would be worshiped by the Right if they showed up and killed a bunch of people. It would be a golden egg to their argument that would reign over the next 8 years, similar to another Republican story.

Similar to another Republican story? Are you inferring 911? If yes, then state it because that's what I'll "assume" you're referring to in my response that follows.

Every single 9/11 terrorist hijacker pilot arrived during the Clinton administration, and in fact all but one arrived before the Gore/Bush General election on November 7, 2000.

The first hijackers to arrive in the United States were Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, who settled in San Diego County, California, in January 2000. They were followed by three hijacker-pilots, Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah in mid-2000 to undertake flight training in south Florida. The fourth hijacker-pilot, Hani Hanjour, arrived in San Diego in December 2000. The rest of the "muscle hijackers" arrived in early- and mid-2001.

Hijackers in the September 11 attacks

So assuming "similar to another Republican story" refers to 911, from where do you draw a correlation that 9/11 was tied to the "right" or to "Republicans" when Republicans hadn't held the White House since eight years prior to the hijacker pilots arriving?

But back to the question you post in your OP thread title: A. The countries included in the EO ban (Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen) are proven to be from where the highest number of ISIL terrorist are harbored/trained/recruited, and countries that likewise have inferior ability and/or will to respond to DoS visa application vetting protocols. We don't even have Embassies in four of the seven countries, despite Obama promising in his famous "Blueprint for Change" that "he will stop shuttering consulates and start opening them in the tough and hopeless corners of the world – particularly in Africa."

D-Iraq:
1. Staff greatly reduced in 2012 because of budget concerns and a re-evaluation of diplomatic strategy in Iraq; and
2. that 2014 thing...

D-Syria:
1. Suspended operations in February 2012.
2. Designated State Sponsor of Terrorism by Department of State, 1979

D-Iran:
1. That 1979 thing... Embassy closed.
2. Designated State Sponsor of Terrorism by Department of State, 1984

D-Libya:
1. That 2012 thing... and
2. that 2014 thing

R-Somalia:
1. That 1991 Somali Civil War thing... Embassy closed

D-Sudan:
1. Designated State Sponsor of Terrorism August 12, 1993 and
2. All the other bad activities including its bromance with Iran

D-Yemen:
1. That 2015 thing... Embassy closed

D = Party in power in White House
R = Party in power in White House

Maybe the OP question should be:

Q. How could the Left oppose this temporary travel ban?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Islamic terrorist attacks all over the world, including the US, yeah how on Earth could those evil Republicans justify not wanting to import thousands of could be terrorists into this country - racist, xenophobic bigots!

Yes, they 'happen all over the world' but the statistics are small compared to them.

The odds of a Republican terrorist attack is discerning because it feels at least equivalently possible to a real terrorist attack, if not more likely each day as they grasp for straws making broad generalizing statements like "all over the world" to exemplify their point. Christian terrorism has occurred nearly all over the world. Your parties platform is buzzwords.

You know what ? I've seen more terrorism from the left in the entirety of this whole situation, than I have from any right wingers..

The left so far have beaten, intimidated, and attacked people whom they believe to be Trump supporters, and these are the miscreants who want to let all and sundry in without any proper checking of their backgrounds.

Christian terrorism? please, do tell. How many christians sit back and smile when some rampant dickwad goes out and does something? I'll give you a hint, between zero and his close knit friends.

You're equating one ant to an hornets nest. Fail.

Yes, America bombed those lands. UNDER the same administration the left wants to keep in power. Christ almighty, what flavour are you drinking... must be red.

"No more war, no more involvement, vet those who want to come." -- RAYSIS !!!111

and so the screwed up situation continues because idiots blocking sane attempts.. "Oh but why aint SA on the list, herp derp" -- it was Obama's list. Let it start and let it finish, before you scream how dire it is, and forgo the entire attempt.

"OH but this poor lady was detained for 3 hours, just because she's a muslim." -- Oh my heart bleeds. 3 hours.. dawww..

You left wing sycophants need to wake the garbage truck up. Because, hey, some of us in the rest of the world like you.... just not what you are doing to create such an unstable global environment for people who have had nothing to do with anything other that stick our face down, bums up trying to make ends meet.

Bloody hippies...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Either you are a troll, or you are young and indoctrinated, or you are a Ctrl Alt Delete liberal.

Ctrl-alt-delete. How many times I've wanted to post that lol

Sadly, they don't work with a blue screen of death in front of them

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The ban is a necessary evil during this point and time. Try being American and going to random populated Middle Eastern spots right now taking a stroll. You'll be captured and beheaded/stoned/laced on video within minutes by many regular citizens over there with zero affiliation to ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc. Its a dangerous time to be an American these days living/visiting abroad in certain places around the world.

Around 95% of the people in the Middle East hate American values. I'd want to get away from poor/poverty/war stricken territories too, even if it meant going to a country that I despise. Make no mistake about it, these ragheads aren't coming over here to embrace American values. They are coming over here to get away from the #hole that they are in. If these desert rats had it their way, America would have sharia law. Let that sink in.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join