It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: Man Charged With Living, Voting in U.S. Illegally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Another good example of not only voter fraud but blatant identity theft to get loans, passports, etc.

It appears from the story that "charging" people with voting related violations was not being done and was not being tracked (go figure). I hope this becomes a requirement going forward.

www.news-gazette.com...

Valencia-Sandoval, who lives in the 0-to-100 block of Ivanhoe Drive, U, also admitted that he did not have Ramiro Guerrero-Vasquez's permission to use his identity; had used the identity to live in Illinois since March 2005; had obtained driver's licenses, bank accounts and loans for vehicles; had opened two restaurants that have since been sold; and had obtained a lawful permanent resident card for his wife.

The indictment alleges that Valencia-Sandoval made a false statement of U.S. citizenship on a passport application in April 2012. Another charge alleges he made a false claim of citizenship in order to vote in an election. Two felony charges of aggravated identity theft, one for using Vasquez's identity to get a passport and another for using the identity to vote in an election, were part of the indictment.

Lastly, he was charged with three misdemeanor counts of voting in an election by an illegal immigrant, for having voted in general elections in 2012, 2014 and 2016. Local federal officials acknowledge the election-related counts are unusual but declined to comment further.

Also Thursday, a separate indictment charged Salvador Garcia-Lund, 27, of the 1700 block of Henry Street, Champaign, with making a false statement of U.S. citizenship and aggravated identity theft in March 2016 on a passport application. He also is charged with possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, an illegal immigrant, on Jan. 4.

edit on 10-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Interesting. I wet last night trying to find examples of what happens to citizens whom get alternate identities, but could only find articles about immigrants, cons and criminals.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There are a lot worse things that happen every day all over the world when compared to this and I'm sure this isn't something new that's happening. Not saying that we should turn our back to it or anything but I find it funny how this wasn't an issue until the media and their political actors (politicians) made it an issue.

Every month or two theirs a new issue being discussed non-stop 24/7 by the media and the ones who pay attention to them (whether they trust them or not). It's all manufactured bull# to distract us and to keep us fighting each other.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

so, reporting on criminals who get caught breaking the laws is manufactured BS to keep us fighting each other?

The only people who will be fighting over stories like this are people who believe the laws should be enforced and people who believe that the laws shouldn`t be enforced, and it`s usually the criminals who don`t want the laws to be enforced.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
There are a lot worse things that happen every day all over the world when compared to this and I'm sure this isn't something new that's happening. Not saying that we should turn our back to it or anything but I find it funny how this wasn't an issue until the media and their political actors (politicians) made it an issue.

Every month or two theirs a new issue being discussed non-stop 24/7 by the media and the ones who pay attention to them (whether they trust them or not). It's all manufactured bull# to distract us and to keep us fighting each other.

Identity theft IS a big deal.
It should have been a big deal, but people were more worried about being politically correct than in admitting that most illegal immigrants are living with stolen identities.

Every person's whom identity is stolen is a victim.
Their life can be seriously messed up for years.
The actions of the thief affects the victim's credit rating, background checks, etc.
People get subpoenas to appear for unpaid traffic tickets that are not even theirs.
They can be denied a job because there is a crime on their record that they did not commit.
They can try to get a loan for a home, car or college, only to find that their credit has been wrecked because someone was taking loans out in their name and not paying for it.

And the voter fraud - that affects every one of us when our government representatives are being elected by those with no right to vote.

This is EXTREMELY SERIOUS, and it is about time that there is a huge crack down on this problem.

edit on 2/10/17 by BlueAjah because: spelling

edit on 2/10/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am actually wondering if it is going to be common practice to run "voter registration / records" checks on anyone found to be in possession of false or stolen identities?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes actually, it is in this case. Funny how what they report always fits with the narrative at any given point in time. They drive the narrative, they have us where they want us. Don't you see how divided we are? You may blame it on the 'other side' but you'd only be half right. Where's the other half? You'll have to find that for yourself because no one else can show it to you but yourself.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

We should have that policy!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Which is why we have the resources available to help those who have suffered identity theft already in place because we already know it's a big deal. I doubt anyone would say they agree with identity theft and would defend someone who committed it unless they are the ones who are doing it.

As for voter fraud, how did that work out this election? Apparently voter fraud was rampant yet the right guy won according to many people. Of course the media is going to sensationalize this story, it fits their narrative perfectly.

(post by kurthall removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Interesting. I wet last night trying to find examples of what happens to citizens whom get alternate identities, but could only find articles about immigrants, cons and criminals.

More interesting is the case of citizens who get accused of not being citizens, get charged for pretending to be citizens, when they really are citizens, get convicted because they lack the evidence to prove their citizenship, and sent to detention camps for lack of the proper documentation to prove they belong here.

Hmmm.....

We are in for interesting times.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

It WAS an issue. It was one that was covered up. I remember many people on ATS saying this did not happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How can you think voter fraud is fake news this guy paid 50 000 dollars for a birth certificate and had a passport? But I'm sure he wanted those things to genuinely be able to vote legally you know that thing invented by the greeks that only slave owners could do.... next you'll be saying it's fake news that the Hag-ah Sophia was a church and was always a peaceful mosque symbolic of the Ottoman empires might and multiculturalism.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Dude, Trump did not win the popular vote and everyone knows that. I do believe there is voter fraud and that it should be taken care of but Trump lost California by 4 million votes.
edit on Fri Feb 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wouldn't it be interesting if a Democrat had to intervene to "find" their "missing documents"
Seriously post the article I think it's important, especially with the whole History of Fema Camps in the past before ATS was strictly a mud pit; Could it be past administrative think tanks predicted the "migrant crisis" the world over and shadowly prepared these camps we here were so worried would be used on gasp citizens!
edit on 10-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Woohoo one more...that makes, what..four or a little more.

Dang voter fraud is rampant over there, Trump was right..LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Yeah the national average of voting aged individuals who came out to vote nationwide was 54%, but oddly in California it looks like 51% of the TOTAL POPULATION came out to vote on that day; can you smell it that's democracy allright!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Which is why we have the resources available to help those who have suffered identity theft already in place because we already know it's a big deal. I doubt anyone would say they agree with identity theft and would defend someone who committed it unless they are the ones who are doing it.

As for voter fraud, how did that work out this election? Apparently voter fraud was rampant yet the right guy won according to many people. Of course the media is going to sensationalize this story, it fits their narrative perfectly.

Actually most people don't even know until it's too late.

IRS doesn’t tell 1M taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

You and others just don't know the facts and the extent of the issue, just willfully ignorant because you don't give a crap.

Tell me, how many crimes are illegal immigrants allowed to break in order not to get preferential treatment to be above the law in a country where they are not legally a citizen of?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There ya go. Only 2,999,999 more and we have those 3 million vote that gave the girl the popular vote.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
There ya go. Only 2,999,999 more and we have those 3 million vote that gave the girl the popular vote.

Only eight more years and you can try again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join