It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - What Theme Do You Use?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I also use the Dark it's way easier to read for much longer, the white makes my head hurt after an hour or so.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Dark because I enjoy life more without burnt retinas.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have always gone to the dark side as the light side is too hard to read. Avatars look nicer with the dark too.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dark, forever and always.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I use dark, though for no particular reason other than that's what it defaulted to when I first joined. Almost all of the other forums I frequent are light and I don't mind that either, but I guess I just got used to the dark theme. And anyway, the theme (at least shown on my monitor) is really not *that* dark, more of a charcoal gray.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dark for me. The light color looks like any other site, boring as hell! Dark is cool and mysterious and easier to read.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dark for the win!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Now if we could get rid of the ugly distracting pics that fill the sides of the screen, we'd be all set. I don't want to have to enlarge an entire page so everything is huge just to hide the unsightly side pics. But ummm...yeah, dark rules!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra
Dark for the win!

Definitely so. Currently standing at 24-0 in favor of dark.

I am surprised that nobody uses the light theme.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Now if we could get rid of the ugly distracting pics that fill the sides of the screen, we'd be all set.

There's only one that really bothers me. It's the Banksy one of the girl and the balloon. There's a lighter spot off to the right inside the content area of my desktop and it makes me think there's something wrong with my screen. Nearly every time.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Noncents because: It's The Banksy!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Dark. Much easier on the eyes.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I use the dark theme.

There are a few reasons for that:

First, it is the closest match to what I had before the changeover to the newer version of the site, has a certain familiarity to it. Second, as attested to by other members, its less intensively eye ball searing than the light theme. Third, I find it helps me concentrate on the material at hand, to have the brightest things be the words and the graphics people insert into their posts.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: schuyler
The black text up top was intentional. It gets in the way of the graphics. I would turn it off if I could.

Regarding the colors of the stat box, how do you change that? It doesn't look like there's an option for that on the account settings page.

Under Account->Colors you can change background color and text color. Because your avatar is a 'full size' pic rather tan a partial it should cover most of the background color, i.e.: It won't show through except for the stat text box.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Ah, I originally misunderstood you. I thought you were saying it was possible to change the colors in the stat box and was curiously amazed for a moment. Thanks for the info though. You're awesome like that. If it wasn't for you I would still not understand how those stats even work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join