It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still against secured borders?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So are we still talking then? If so would you care to address my point about answering your thread question? Or is this just to bicker pointlessly still?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be fair I wasn't the one initiating the bickering.

On topic: if my article is infact true, (which there is no reason it shouldn't be) those numbers are quite staggering, why would you say the borders are quite safe and secure? You don't see a serious problem?
edit on 10-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphone

God created the universe (including earth) and our land lord never put any borders anywhere. Migrations are human nature and a human right to seek for better life conditions.

but yet he had the temple walled up and jerusalem, and you had to enter through gates.
edit on 10-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Because my statistic says that crime rate is lower along the borders, and if my statistic is true then that suggests that maybe your statistic could be distorted in some way. Might I remind you that my statistic is something from the fbi. It was just compiled by that news affiliate.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Let's just agree that data can be manipulated and skewed regardless who or where it comes from.

Just because it's not as prevalent as some other states doesn't mean it's not prevalent at all. Because it clearly is and regardless if the numbers are exaggerated or not, the numbers are nothing to wink at. There is a clear and obvious problem with illegals and crimes, and let me remind you this is only the crime aspect of this whole dynamic, we aren't even discussing other issues..

Personally I'm not sure how anybody can recognise a problem like this and still be against some type of a more secure border.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't see it though. Like for instance let's go back to your statistic:

Of the 61,529 criminal cases initiated by federal prosecutors last fiscal year, more than 40%—or 24,746—were filed in court districts neighboring the Mexican border.

How many of those cases are just straight up deportation cases? Isn't boarder crossing a federal crime? I notice that says criminal cases and there isn't any mention of them being violent crimes. And your source goes on to highlight this too by breaking them down into drug crimes and such. In fact, after looking at it again, it gives that percentage. 38.6%. I'd say that is the most significant percentage of all of them too. A VERY sizable chunk of people are in jail for JUST crossing the border, and you may find that dangerous, but I don't.

I'll admit that criminals are more likely to be illegal than legal Americans, but that doesn't mean that illegals are all criminals and we should treat them all as criminals. What I see in your thread is just a bunch of large number statistics presented in a way to make them look scary.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The thing about that 38%, we don't know how many would've committed crimes. In that same paragraph it clearly shows more than half actually did commit crimes. (23,744 vs 31,806).

I'm not saying treat them all like criminals, just like we shouldn't label all Muslims terrorists. There just needs to be more secure borders and more proper vetting. That's all the wall is about really.

It's actually the left that push this narrative that If you agree with the wall or the ban, that you are a racist or xenophobe or whatever buzzword you can think of when it reality it's actually not. Being pro wall doesn't mean you hate Mexicans and don't want them to come over. It's about doing it legally, is that wrong or nefarious in any way?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The wall? The wall is a joke to these people. You know? The cartels. The people you are complaining about currently. It's almost an insult to their intelligence. They are laughing at Americans who think a silly wall will curb the flow of illegals and drugs into the country.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I don't think anybody is naive enough to believe the wall is going to stop all crime, but it will definitely slow it down. Not all immigrants are apart of the cartel either..

Your logic is like saying we shouldn't have police officers because we can't stop all the criminal's.

If anything the wall is really symbolic and sends a message.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I don't think anybody is naive enough to believe the wall is going to stop all crime, but it will definitely slow it down. Not all immigrants are apart of the cartel either..

I think it is naive to think it will slow it down.

If anything the wall is really symbolic and sends a message.

One message I think it sends is that americans are scared.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You should probably enlighten yourself some more on how they smuggle and come into America and then come back here and see if you still think that.

You realize how many countries already have walls? Why isn't anyone calling them scared?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
You should probably enlighten yourself some more on how they smuggle and come into America and then come back here and see if you still think that.

You mean like the majority entering by plane and overstaying or like these guys?

You realize how many countries already have walls? Why isn't anyone calling them scared?

Who says they are not?

edit on 10-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Contrary to popular belief, I'm in favor of a wall.

The infrastructure to even start the wall will be yugggeeee. Lawyers, Real estate people, contractors, architects, accountants, vendors will all need to be in place before the wall can even be started. Can you imagine the amount of contracts that will need to implemented all thru a new government agency watching the money trail to try to keep the corruption to a minimum? lol... Thousands of office personnel. Red tape to boggle the imagination for years and years.

As an entrepreneur and businessman, I see places where my company can expand and make a bundle before the first backhoe is started up to begin digging the foundation.

This project will be like the "Star Wars" project during the Reagan admin. Trillion dollar boondoggle but some contractors made millions. So will I during this neocon BS. And I can do it from my laptop while chillin in Sayulita, in a bar, on the beach.

"Art of the Deal" indeed.....

www.amazon.com...

How about this? Illegals want a green card? You owe the state child support? Sign Up To Build the Wall today and your problems go away!! Whattya think, Amigo!!?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

So you want them to take jobs that would otherwise go to americans?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So you want them to take jobs that would otherwise go to americans?

Well, I'm assuming that the majority that owe the State repayment on child support would be Americans. K?

And, further, I support helping "immigrants" naturalize...especially those that are willing to pitch in and show they want to be here. By doing so, they can also start protecting their own jobs and security since they will be legal soon.

I'm liking it. What's not to like? It could be YUGE in making the wall a reality and, in a sense heheh...it would be Mexico paying for it.

edit on 10-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Well, I'm assuming that the majority that owe the State repayment on child support would be Americans. K?

I see, americans that owe child support.

And, further, I support helping "immigrants" naturalize...especially those that are willing to pitch in and show they want to be here. By doing so, they can also start protecting their own jobs and security since they will be legal soon.

You are assuming the wall is going to help with that. I was listening to "they took our jobs" with a spanish accent back in the 90's and it was eastern europeans doing the taking.

I'm liking it. What's not to like? It could be YUGE in making the wall a reality and, in a sense heheh...it would be Mexico paying for it.

Is this a case of seeing the wall through beer goggles? The americans paying off child support and any other special group of americans "given the chance" wouldn't be mexico paying. Materials wouldn't be paid my mexico and anyone laying bricks on the american side won't be fed and kept by mexico.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphone

Yeah I do, natural borders. They exist, and when you say you speak the Truth, thats your truth budy, it doesnt have to be anyone else's truth.

edit on 11-2-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No. A fear monger is someone who sells fear to others. Like Trump. You'd just be fearful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join