It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL warns Texas that its proposed ‘bathroom bill’ may jeopardize chances to host Super Bowls

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

So you are implying that one or the other of us has no right to comment?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm just glad I don't have a daughter who has to see a grown man's penis because the man feels like he is a woman. I guess his rights would be more important than my daughter's well being. Kids? No thanks, too much liberal BS to have to put them through.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that the behavior of a pervert versus an actual trans person would be easy to identify to the court.

Yeah, its interesting that some assume that a Trans Gendered or gender fluid person is AUTOMATICALLY a perverted rapist. It seems that alot of people base their understanding on an adult film they say in their youth.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Fixed it for you..

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Transgenders seem to lack the empathy to understand that discomfort. They seem only interested in their own comfort safety at the expense of others. Yet another reason I say that transgenders really do not understand how the opposite gender feels and are living with a mental delusion.

Ah, I see the ol' doubleteam is back in business. Good times!

No, you fixed it for you.

No one is double-teaming you. You are quite safe. You are welcome to your opinions, no matter how wrong they are.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yet this STILL isn't a problem in most places. Sure there are the one or two cases here and there that usually boil down to assholes trying to prove a point, but this is really just an overblown fear. If they wanted to do it, they'd already be doing it. And no one does something illegal and thinks about the consequences when they get caught. When you do something illegal, the point isn't to get caught. But if it is someone harassing a women then that is obvious a no go.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

I think that the behavior of a pervert versus an actual trans person would be easy to identify to the court.

Yeah, its interesting that some assume that a Trans Gendered or gender fluid person is AUTOMATICALLY a perverted rapist. It seems that alot of people base their understanding on an adult film they say in their youth.

No one I know assumes a transgender is automatically a pervert. Most people I know think that perverts recognize their gender for what it is and will use well-intentioned PC laws to find loopholes and satisfy their perversions.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yet this STILL isn't a problem in most places. Sure there are the one or two cases here and there that usually boil down to assholes trying to prove a point, but this is really just an overblown fear. If they wanted to do it, they'd already be doing it. And no one does something illegal and thinks about the consequences when they get caught. When you do something illegal, the point isn't to get caught. But if it is someone harassing a women then that is obvious a no go.

Why does the comfort of a single person supersede the comfort of a group? Don't the individuals in that group have an equal right to feel comfortable in their privacy?

There comes a time when society has to stop and say "Stop, this is stupid. Find a different bathroom or soldier on. You do not have a right to impose your delusions on other people."

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If the NFL wants to keep it's viewership they should NOT get involved with this.

You underestimate the NFL, this is their America, they took Sunday from Church. The NBA and other associations in sports have a boycott against North Carolina and yes, we are definitely feeling it.

Meanwhile, I love how this bill specifically targets transexuals. Yea, we want to keep them out of my kids bathroom but the pervets, abusers that do stalk bathrooms, criminals that do business there and other never do wells, well, they get a pass.

These people, they are confusing to us, wanting to use the bathroom corresponding to the biological sex they assume to be in public. Slanderous!

Take this L North Carolina.

edit on 10-2-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Yeah, I think it is rather obvious to tell if someone is actually going to the bathroom and minding their own business versus staring at people through a peep hole or something in one of the stalls for hours on end.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Why can't you just mind your own business? It's repression like this that causes perverts to act out like this in the first place. The more sex is normalized, the less it becomes that forbidden fruit for the perverts.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Meanwhile, I love how this bill specifically targets transexuals. Yea, we want to keep them out of my kids bathroom but the pervets, abusers that do stalk bathrooms, criminals that do business there and other never do wells, well, they get a pass.

Thats a great point, if the fear is that the mens room is some sort of modern Sodom and Gomorrah where is the concern for say someone who has ACTUALLY been convicted of a sex crime. Or say a felon?. Mentally unstable ? etc etc etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

I don't.

I assume the new laws give them the cover perverts need to more easily reach their victims.

Hence my assertion that people will need to be victimized in order for anyone to be able to safely question.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So your regularly stopped when trying to use the bathroom??

That has never happened to me.

there isn't a bathroom on the planet where if your dressed as a woman they will stop you and ask for your papers.

But wait, I'm a law abiding citizen. If the law says I must use the men's bathroom because my birth certificate says so, wouldn't I be obliged to comply?

I'm only trying to point how ill-conceived these types of laws are.

Your choosing to make more of this because you require recognition.

I prefer anonymity but don't think for a minute I don't empathize with those that haven't been as fortunate as I have. Should I remain silent and blind because these aren't my problems? Whether "bathroom bills" affect me one iota or not, sentiments like these are why I'm commenting here, not for my own recognition or aggrandizement.

“A time comes when silence is betrayal.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity."
Albert Einstein

“Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor.”
Ginetta Sagan

Trust me when I say people don't care your transgendered and wouldn't even bother to ask

Well obviously, the conservative right seems to care.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Why can't you just mind your own business? It's repression like this that causes perverts to act out like this in the first place. The more sex is normalized, the less it becomes that forbidden fruit for the perverts.

Yeah, if we normalize rape, then it ceases to be a crime too.

I honestly don't care what you want to do in the privacy of your own home. I don't care if you identify as a man, woman, or scarlet macaw.

I do care when those desires of yours start to infringe on my life in ways that force me to modify my own behavior.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Freija

So you are implying that one or the other of us has no right to comment?

Oh absolutely not. In fact, I would almost be disappointed if both of you didn't show up in threads with a transgender topic. It draws both of you in like moth to a flame and is 100% predictable. I find it more amusing that bothersome so carry on.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Why does the comfort of a single person supersede the comfort of a group? Don't the individuals in that group have an equal right to feel comfortable in their privacy?

Solider on? Where? its a state ban no?

You know, most people are uncomfortable around disabled people: Take your disabled family member and Solider on
Wearing some sort of 'Foreign" headgear: soldier on
That autistic kid that's rocking and speaking in a loud voice: soldier on

Maybe if your that uncomfortable with things, you should travel with your own portalett or something

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I agree this reminds me of my first trip to Germany i left the hotel to go for a walk. a local park was near by so i decided that would be nice so i hit the trails. i ended up walking around a corner where i found 3 women sunbathing in the nude just off the path. at the time i felt embarrassed obviously they didn't. I remember making a sad apology and ran off. wasn't until later i realized why they laughed at me i looked like a boob that never seen a naked woman before. But i agree with access becomes normalcy i think the same reason i didnt see alot of drunk people on the streets. Since i quickly learned buying alcohol as near as i can tell is if your big enough to see over the counter your old enough to buy beer. Use vending machines and this rule goes out the window.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, if we normalize rape, then it ceases to be a crime too.

I clearly said sex, but thanks for the slippery slope fallacy.

I honestly don't care what you want to do in the privacy of your own home. I don't care if you identify as a man, woman, or scarlet macaw.

I do care when those desires of yours start to infringe on my life in ways that force me to modify my own behavior.

How does someone else peeing in a stall next to you force you to modify your behavior?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So let me pause for a minute to wrap my head around this and make sure I understand.

We're all for the comfort and safety of women...

Just as long as they're not trans women?

Is that about right?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually you bring up a great point. I wonder what the sexual assault and pervert rate on some of the nude beaches are around the world? Off the top of my head, I'd imagine the ones in Brazil and South America have some high rates, but Europe on the other hand...
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join