It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL warns Texas that its proposed ‘bathroom bill’ may jeopardize chances to host Super Bowls

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well looks like the NFL is looking to get into the politics of the moment. If the NFL wants to keep it's viewership they should NOT get involved with this.

If Texas passes a bill that specifies who is to use men's and women's restrooms it could jeopardize the chances of hosting a Super Bowl.
Hot button issue, stay out of it NFL.

The NFL, which just held the Super Bowl in Texas, is warning that a “bathroom bill” targeting transgender persons could jeopardize future major events in that state. League spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday that “discriminatory” legislation would “certainly be a factor” in awarding Super Bowls.

The Texas proposal would require individuals to use bathrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate. A similar law in North Carolina led the NCAA to pull college championship events from that state.
www.latimes.com...

Brian McCarthy said we want the fans to feel welcomed at events. Fans with children will no feel welcome if any shenanigans go on.

The NFL embraces inclusiveness,” McCarthy said. “We want all fans to feel welcomed at our events, and NFL policies prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper standard.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hhahahahahah

New England just beat godell down
The state of texas will pound him

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
For one, screw the NFL.

And two, solve the problem with a row of one person bathrooms(like gas stations).

Then one person at a time can use the bathroom, regardless of what sex you are, think you are, or want to be.

Problem solved.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Black_Fox because: SpELLiNg

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh boy, this WILL escalate quickly.

I'll grab a cold one.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fungo

For the life of me I can't understand why the NFL would even get involved. Is this a hill they want to die on?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am pretty sure when mediocre negro threatened to take federal funding from schools in texas, the governor of texas told him to get bent.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I will choose sanity over the NFL.

Ask ESPN how their left-leaning BS is working out for them.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I am pretty sure when mediocre negro threatened to take federal funding from schools in texas, the governor of texas told him to get bent.

What does that even mean?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hmmm... Football is like a religion in Texas. I wonder how they'd react to the NFL shunning them. Probably not well.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well being they just had one I would think they have 10 years or so to worry about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That would be funny if Texas said screw you and your Superbowl. And then they convinced the Dallas Cowboys in the Houston Texans and a couple of other teams to go start their own League. Just even talk of that would seta panic through the owners and a new commissioner would be be seated in a hurry.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 10-2-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Porta potty's have been transgender forever.
Just drop a few around the stadium and move along.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Isn't Texas already an independent nation?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The NFL counts on TV ratings to sign these multibillion-dollar TV contracts. Advertisers decide what gets put on TV. Advertisers don't want to be involved in any controversy. They just want to sell their product to as many people as possible. That's why the NFL's involved

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There you go. An actual solution. They can literally drive the delivery trucks thru the corridors. I've seen the insides of the Raymond James and the Ice Palace from inside the loading areas (have stood on the field levels both). Have never even been to them for a game.
edit on 10-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Can states ban stuff? If so, I would ban all nfl merchandise from tx, like yesterday, if I were tx.

I mean, not because of the bathrooms but because they want to make threats.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

This is a controversy becasue the NFL just made it one.

Like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join