It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Real (Not Russian) IT Staff That Spied On and Hacked The U.S. Congress

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I sourced politico article first collaborating this story I though they were a good news source (since it corroborated my story granted) But buzzfeed states 5 men when in fact it is three brothers one of their wives who also worked for the democrats and a female homeowner where they all lived together though the female homeowner may or may not have lived there with the 4. Buzzfeed may be right maybe it is 5 men and not the 3 brothers and 2 women. HAHAHA sorry that sounded crazy. buzzfeed right. two words that should only go together in sarcasm or in case of limited reasoning.
edit on 11-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: Buzzfeed

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Someone besides CNN dug a little further. Very interesting stuff here:

Despite the generous salaries, the four were involved in multiple suspicious mortgage transfers and a debt-evading bankruptcy. Abid had more than $1 million in debts following a failed business called Cars International that he ran in Falls Church, Va., from November 2009 to September 2010. Business associates said in court documents that Abid had stolen money and vehicles from them.

It’s unclear how Abid found time to run an automotive business while working full-time for Congress. He had been on the congressional payroll since 2005. A congressional credit union repossessed two of his personal cars before the business folded truthuncensored.net...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

How did ISIS get all those nice toyotas?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

makes you wonder what info was on all of that hardware

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: intrptr

Of course it is. Now that hillary is 'out the loop' they can go back to prosecuting 'real' crimes against the state.

Of course the people will remain under the tightest surveillance.

Off site servers, spying on congress, how dare they...

Brazen stuff, theft from the highest congressional offices
that deal with counter terrorism, national security.

I posted an update just above, from Fox News.
They are the only network to cover this so far.

Maybe its whistleblowers, maybe a rogue element? God forbid, congress should be 'transparent' to their own intelligence agencies. And or prosecuted if they are breaking the law themselves. Which they are.

Are we cutting up nickels here, the warmongers in high places are violating international law, too.

Love to get a look at some of that. Imagine Collateral Damage video on steroids.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch

How did ISIS get all those nice toyotas?

And all those US made anti-tank TOW missile launchers?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Are we cutting up nickels here, the warmongers in high places are violating international law, too.

Love to get a look at some of that. Imagine Collateral Damage video on steroids.

True, that. Imagine if the other side was in there now, I suppose they
could continue droning forever but eventually something is going to catch fire.

Sigh....

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This report says that these guys have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and are being investigated for espionage, including the previously mentioned crimes?

How did these guys get clearance to work in IT for Congress personnel?
Either the Democrats that hired them are really stupid or they are compromised themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You mean why is it not being reported that the globalists in this country are what we used to call treason ridden filth that should be hanged.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: IAMTAT

Three little ninja turtles with a hankering for pizza .I wonder if the Saudi Royal palace had any influence on the US WH over the past 20 years .In many ways it seems .Such a deep dark rabbit hole .

Well yea. We are never going to get any justice until we can get folks in office that are above it all because they already have money or above it all because they don't give a sh*t about power of cash

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

This report says that these guys have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and are being investigated for espionage, including the previously mentioned crimes?

How did these guys get clearance to work in IT for Congress personnel?

Either the Democrats that hired them are really stupid or they are compromised themselves.

Double Bingo !!

I say "espionage"

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But wasn't it the DNC that got hacked and not the Congress? Couldn't this be a completely separate hack or are we just going to jump to conclusions that these are related? I don't see any definitive connection to them and the hack last year being made by the Daily Caller except for mentioning Schultz' name. In FACT, the article even seems to be suggesting they are unrelated.

Also among those whose computer systems may have been compromised is Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Florida Democrat who was previously the target of a disastrous email hack when she served as chairman of the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 campaign.

But hey jumping to conclusions never bit anyone in the ass right?

This ^

The high level of investigation that made ATS what it was years ago has been gone for some time (in some areas, not all). I'm not here to pick sides, only to read informed posts regarding alternative news. Everything is so Democrat vs. Republican these days and it's pretty disgusting. Where were all of you "Republicans" when Bush Jr. was stumbling his way through 8 years of presidency?

When Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning released information, they were heroes. When these 3 brothers released information they are terrorists, because they supposedly have ties to the Muslim brotherhood? Sorry if i'm not following, maybe i need to re-read the 9 pages of whatever this is. I would just like to see more proof of something before I jump on a bandwagon/lynch mob.

FOX news is garbage, we all already know this.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Check out this creepy old facebook page for Abid's now defunct "cars international"
www.facebook.com...
It is super creepy from the worst photoshop to make it seem like prestige worldwide, funny english misteaks, and even a post comparing men vs women crash statistics. Definitely breaking those stereotypes Abid...
edit on 11-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUntoldStory

Think about this a bit before jumping to conclusions.
These Democrats that were using these IT consultants likely also had access to DNC email accounts.
They likely were logging into multiple email accounts on their devices.

One of them was (and possibly still is) working for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairman of the DNC.

These guys worked for 40 Democrats, most unnamed as of now except for Schultz.
What if some of the others were also those whose emails ended up on WikiLeaks?

Their positions would give them access to the devices used by these Democrats.
They even removed these devices and took possession of them, giving them full access to any data on these devices.
They might even have obtained passwords, either through gullible people giving them freely, or otherwise with keyloggers, etc.

There are many ways these guys would logically have access to the information that ended up on WikiLeaks and was blamed on Russian hacks.
I have been saying all along that it was likely an inside job.

If they were also leaking information to terrorists, that makes them terrorists.
The reports said they found them in position of a great deal of information that they should not have.

edit on 2/11/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What would be the point of giving it to Wikileaks though, spread discord? If they as some have suggested belonged to the muslim brotherhood why not just put the info on an sd card ship it back to the dessert and blackmail them... If they're smart enough to hack into it (which I doubt they were probably just in a position of trust) they should be able to maneuver that intel somewhere more useful than the Wikileak dump which claims to be in the best interest of the free world.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch

What would be the point of giving it to Wikileaks though, spread discord? If they as some have suggested belonged to the muslim brotherhood why not just put the info on an sd card ship it back to the dessert and blackmail them... If they're smart enough to hack into it (which I doubt they were probably just in a position of trust) they should be able to maneuver that intel somewhere more useful than the Wikileak dump which claims to be in the best interest of the free world.

"spread discord"
Exactly.

They are probably really enjoying seeing Americans at each other's throats.

ETA: Also, we don't know what other information they had or what they did with it.
They may have leaked some just for the amusement of disrupting the election.
They may have passed on the more important information to others.

edit on 2/11/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I definitely get where you're coming from, but we don't know what devices they took; could be routers, firewalls, switches (all very pricey devices). None of these devices would have any user information on them. If it was a whole server, then it would have to be an exchange/file/DB server for them to get any usable data worth anything (other than routing/IP information, which could be useful to the right people). And I doubt these 20 year olds were running the show, so where is the guy(s)/girl(s) in charge?

Something doesn't add up. Hence why I'm not jumping to conclusions

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUntoldStory

Dark horse maybe...I agree something doesn't add up, Abid's "car's international" facebook page I posted earlier is full of mistakes in the engrish language and the photoshop is pretty lame for some cyber thiefs (not that thats what makes you knowledgeable)

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

― Marcus Tullius Cicero
edit on 11-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: Added Cisero

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheUntoldStory

I definitely get where you're coming from, but we don't know what devices they took; could be routers, firewalls, switches (all very pricey devices). None of these devices would have any user information on them. If it was a whole server, then it would have to be an exchange/file/DB server for them to get any usable data worth anything (other than routing/IP information, which could be useful to the right people). And I doubt these 20 year olds were running the show, so where is the guy(s)/girl(s) in charge?

Something doesn't add up. Hence why I'm not jumping to conclusions

Fox News is told the contract employees, shared by about 40 House Democratic members, removed hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment from offices, including computers and servers.

Further, there were instances where House information was discovered in an external “cloud” server. The contractors in question reportedly were sending and storing House-related information in that off-site server.

Police probing IT contractors for House Dems over ‘unauthorized’ computer access

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BeneGesseritWitch

Just checked out the facebook page, funny stuff. Looks like a lot of used car dealerships we have around the metro area.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join