It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Real (Not Russian) IT Staff That Spied On and Hacked The U.S. Congress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I'm just correcting your idea that lie detectors can't be overcome (as can background checks clearly), and yes even the NSA's lie detector tests can be overcome.

...but a refugee and immigrant vetting system far less intricate is working well for us.
SMH
I don't understand the cognitive dissonance partisan lickspittling seems to be connected at the hip to, I really don't.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am not an IT guy.
When a new person is hired at my place of employment, the IT guy creates an email address for him and gives him access to whatever company files that are deemed necessary for the new person's work description.
What would prevent these brothers from creating an employee that didn't exist?
Honest question.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Again. I'm not here to defend the Democrats' vetting policies. I'm just trying to keep some perspective and not jump to conclusions by saying these guys were also responsible for last year's DNC and GOP hacks. That is too preliminary still.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My entire point from post 1 was not to jump to conclusions about linking this hack with last year's hack just because it involves the Democrats again. It IS possible and that isn't something I'm denying.

And again, it is not just "Democrats" but the very same
Democrat that was hacked before, the DNC chair at the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Good.
Then you must understand that if they were consulting for that many Democrats, and if they had bad intentions, they could easily have gained access to their email accounts, including their DNC accounts.

From what I have observed, most Democratic congress members do not seem very smart.

Well your opinions on their intelligence isn't admissible evidence in court.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm just correcting your idea that lie detectors can't be overcome (as can background checks clearly), and yes even the NSA's lie detector tests can be overcome.

...but a refugee and immigrant vetting system far less intricate is working well for us.
SMH
I don't understand the cognitive dissonance partisan lickspittling seems to be connected at the hip to, I really don't.

So how many terrorist attacks have been caused by refugees so far? By the way you have some nerve trying to call me out for partisan nitpicking while you blatantly deflect with an unrelated topic.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes and she very well may just be completely inept. For someone who has been insisting that you weren't making this connection, you sure seem to be implying it heavily.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Again. I'm not here to defend the Democrats' vetting policies. I'm just trying to keep some perspective and not jump to conclusions by saying these guys were also responsible for last year's DNC and GOP hacks. That is too preliminary still.

Maybe some people's perspective is that these guys might be responsible for last years hacks.

So they cant have a perspective because its different than yours??

I see burntheships asking legitimate questions in his OP, and trying to fit the pieces together...last time I checked thats not considered a conclusion, neither is a "heavy implication"

edit on 0339x6703America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Perspective is an interesting word for assumption. Because the way the posters in this thread have been carrying on, this "perspective" is a done deal and they are DEFINITELY linked. Then when I came into the thread and offered a wait and see attitude everyone got mad at me like it is some sort of crime to withhold judgement until you have all the facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I am not fooled by the "lack of cohesive thought" it must take
for these people to operate with such cognitive dissonance,
as burdman aptly pointed out above.

I think your taking issue with this because you bought
into the Russian hacking narrative, and sure I'll be
honest I don't buy into that for a split second.

Does it bother you to think these guys were accessing
national security secrets, and stole hundreds of thousands
of dollars worth of equipment? Because they are not Russian?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So how many terrorist attacks have been caused by refugees so far? By the way you have some nerve trying to call me out for partisan nitpicking while you blatantly deflect with an unrelated topic.

I'm not sure how many. The US, unfortunately, spent the past few years politicizing terror attack on US soil, calling them "workplace violence" or "random violence" to make sure they don't offend certain individual's poor little feels with something as blunt as the truth. That idiotic display of nonsense has skewed the data. I will tell you this. if you've got 1 in 10 who are terrorists and you let 0 in 10 into the country, you've just prevented 100% of the terrorists from that country from entering yours and, let's be real honest and blunt here, the US loses nothing in that scenario. We don't have to take on additional responsibilities, we have less drain on our resources, less pressure on an already underperforming job market... it's simple common sense America First goodness. (oh, and nerve? Me?
you betcha, Chico.)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ok. So you think they are connected. Prove it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You aren't sure how many because you know the number is 0. It's not like it is hard to find this number or anything

But after sifting through databases, media reports, court documents, and other sources, Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute, has arrived at a striking finding: Nationals of the seven countries singled out by Trump have killed zero people in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015.

Zero.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Let's keep it at zero, if that is where it currently stands.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is one of the few times I've seen people so vehemently blame people for crimes they haven't committed. It's sad that you guys let fear trump your better instincts. I mean no terrorist attacks from a country should REALLY be telling you that it shouldn't be a cause for concern. But instead you can't even give credit where it is due and continue to espouse your hateful rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I can speculate, this is not a court of law.

We have three brothers who are being investigated by
The Capitol Police ( which I find fishy
in and of itself) for data theft, theft of
electronic devices, and theft of cash
from The United States Congress, offices
which center on National Security, and
Foreign Affairs.

They are not Russians.

One has a prior criminal history, and there is financial
misconduct as well in the mix.

Some people would betray their own country for
what they think is a just cause, that has been proven
to be correct time and again. Add money to that just
cause and you can usually find a rat.

edit on 10-2-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am not an IT guy.
When a new person is hired at my place of employment, the IT guy creates an email address for him and gives him access to whatever company files that are deemed necessary for the new person's work description.
What would prevent these brothers from creating an employee that didn't exist?
Honest question.

Separation of duties and forced vacations. One prevents someone from having too much power (IT guy creates your account, someone else double checks if it's legit), and the other so that someone else is also responsible for the same duties while the other person is away (in hopes of that other person finding anomalies).
It doesn't work if they are all in it.

The last resort is random third party audits or investigations (could also be part of forced vacation), most likely how they got caught.

If your company is not implementing any of that, then it becomes very dangerous. But most it managers know that (that's why they should all be certified, even though a lot of the certs like sec+ are said to be useless they still teach basic concepts)
edit on 10-2-2017 by daniel_g because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You're right. You can speculate. And I can disagree. So I do. In my world you don't level charges without evidence.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daniel_g

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Ok so the article states that this investigation began "Late Last Year" Meaning in other words right before the election? And during the DNC records breech which was blamed on Russia...

Also seems the same salary obama was famous for for his own family 160,000 I guess this is the base package for being family ties to him during his administration.

They probably figured hillary would win and all of this would go away as well as the muslim brotherhood and hillaries intentions and connections to the middle east made stronger and larger at the White House.

Hello my dear friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join