It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice Recognition Elevator in Scotland...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here's one for the Scottish among you!

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Good video, it is nice getting some comedy on here once in a while.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Eelevun....Eelevun.....Eelevun....

Brilliant.

God bless the accent, even our poor cousins from the West Midlands.
edit on 10/2/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Oi i'm from the west midlands and i'll kick a bo against a wo and head it back till its bost.

The place is a hell of a lot different in accents as a Stoke accent sounds nothing like something from the more Stafford area as the more south you go you get more of the Birmingham accent which sounds totally different.

The Mrs had to be taught basic Welsh for recording the Odeon's booking line system's automatic messaging and that took a while for someone who was born in Cyprus (but she's very good with linguistics).

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

It can only be a good thing; a cunning linguist for a spouse?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you want to sound like a proper potter

As a kid i'd listen to his adventures before going to school.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My family is Scotish, took my friend over and had to translate like it was Italian?!? Being from New York he didn't understand anything they said, in English!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That was epic lol

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

That was brilliant, I tried voice recognition on the computer the thing was like an elocution lesson and half the time I had to repeat my self and alter the way I was saying thing's so eventually I just gave up on it, I have a light Scouse accent which as you may know is a mix of Lancashire/Cheshire, Irish, Scottish and Welsh accent's, it seems in real life these thing's only ever work correctly for the regional accent and voice range of there original programmers so in other word's they are a con.
Seen that advert on the telly with the guy calling himself captain who can not understand the Geordie accent so he simply say's "I love the Danish".

top topics

join