It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration raid advocates claim

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Just read this.

www.masslive.com... 4/05/nicolas_dutan_guaman_sentenced.html

An Ecuadorean immigrant was sentenced Monday to 12 to 14 years in prison for dragging a Milford man to his death with his truck.

Prosecutors said that on Aug. 20, 2011, Guaman struck Matthew Denice, 23, who was riding his motorcycle. Denice was caught under the truck and stuck in the wheel well, where he was dragged for about a quarter-mile as panicked onlookers tried frantically to get Guaman to stop.

Guaman’s defense attorney, Peter Ettenberg, had asked the judge for a lenient sentence. He said his client has grown up in absolute poverty, going to work picking potatoes and corn in his native Ecuador when he was 8. Guaman had very limited education, and can not read, write or speak English, he said.

The case sparked furious debate over illegal immigration after details were made public. Guaman came to the United States more than a decade ago, walking, hitchhiking and taking jobs on ships during the two-month trek, his attorney said

You don't think it is a bad thing until it effects someone from your town, someone you went to highschool with. Its a shame when hardworking American Citizens cannot get free college education, or placed on a good healthcare plan that they can pick to work for them. I myself have lucked out because I have a license, education, a good paying job and great healthcare. But all of my premiums went up when Obamacare came into effect, they also go up because ER's in my state don't turn people away even if they have no insurance. You see one side of the picture, I see both sides.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join