It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Official, House Democrats start Impeachment Process Against Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It’s Official, House Democrats start Impeachment Process Against Trump

So it begins, the House democrats have started their paperwork in the preliminary steps to impeach Donald Trump. A top democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, namely Congressman Jerrold Nadler, (D-NY), has started the process to impeach President Donald Trump. The “Articles of Inquiry” are the first step in the process of impeachment.

“Donald Trump has refused to step away from his business interests in any meaningful way,” Nadler said in a statement announcing the action. “His foreign entanglements are likely unconstitutional, he has repeated refused to disclose his financial assets, and he is clouded by the specter of Russian intervention in the election and his Administration.”

So here we go. It looks like the Dem's are going after the fact that trump may (or may not) still have stake in many of his companies and assets. They are claiming that he still will be able to make money off of his companies and possibly take bribe money or pay-to-play money through his companies.

It's funny to me, because Clinton and company have been doing this for as long as one can remember, however here we are.

How exactly does one like Donald Trump properly sever himself from all of his companies? He ran multi-billion dollar corporations with multiple entities within entities.

It's pretty dizzying.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xmaddness

Well,

If successful (which I doubt), we will have President Mike Pence.

Then what? Ted Cruz for VP

LOL

I think a counter suit is needed to "separate business dealings" from the House and Senate as well. The main difference is THEY route taxpayer money to their Donors and Family to enrich themselves.

freebeacon.com...

The top Democrat in the House of Representatives steered more than a billion dollars in subsidies to a light rail project that benefitted a company run by a high-dollar Democratic donor and in which her husband is a major investor.

Check is in the mail: Sen. Feinstein’s husband to cash in selling old post offices
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 10-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

How exactly does one like Donald Trump properly sever himself from all of his companies? He ran multi-billion dollar corporations with multiple entities within entities.

He doesn't.

Why should he? I can't think of many, if any politicians who have done that? The dems are butt hurt and will be until they get what they want and hopefully they don't.

I think their plot is to drive everyone mad, every day it's trump this, trump that. It gets old quick and I think they know that.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

“Donald Trump has refused to step away from his business interests in any meaningful way,” Nadler said in a statement announcing the action. “His foreign entanglements are likely unconstitutional, he has repeated refused to disclose his financial assets, and he is clouded by the specter of Russian intervention in the election and his Administration.”

None of which are concrete, hence the terms "meaningful", "likely" and "clouded"

Thus, none of which are impeachable offenses.

All of which equate to a waste of time and money.

edit on 1625x6716America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If they impeach Trump for buisness interests does that ,San other politicians in office shouldn't have buisness interests as well, their spouses included
It gets tricky?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think it's a dumb move. It's obviously not going to go anywhere. For one the Republicans won't vote to impeach. Second, it looks like they're just grasping at straws.

All this does is weakens any actual attempt at impeachment. If they want him out the Dems need to at least wait until they have control of the Senate.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Its Official House Democrats start Impeachment Process Against Trump

Which will fall flat on it's face and go nowhere.

Another leftist tactic fail.
edit on 10-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all. The democratic party openly condone violent attacks/harassment on individuals because they didn't vote for them, so this is to just be expected. Right now they can't even put together a decent hit-piece on Trump, so I doubt this will be worth the paper it's written on. The last sentence in the article says a lot as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Pot meet kettle. As if government isn't run indirectly by big business already, the revolving door is spinning so fast Its a blur.

Gets even better as he highlights "foreign entanglements", like you mean the pentagon and state departments overseas "entanglements" on behalf of the military industrial complex?

(falls off chair, convulses on floor from self inflicted stun gun)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

(bolding mine)

This is priceless! Go ahead Nadler, make your party look even more crazy. There is not one impeachable offense listed. They are losing their minds and are more interested in taking Trump down than in working for the American people.

edit on 2/10/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I thought the president was exempt from this rule. At least I have seen a few people saying so, I don't know the law pertaining to this.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Can you say "Mid-Term Election Landslide"?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The Article of Inquiry states the following "offenses"

(1) any criminal or counterintelligence investigation targeting President Donald J. Trump, National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Roger Stone, or any employee of the Executive Office of the President;

(2) any investment by any foreign government or agent of a foreign government in any entity owned in whole or in part by President Donald J. Trump;

(3) President Trump’s proposal to maintain an interest in his business holdings, while turning over day-to-day operation of those interests to his sons Donald J. Trump, Jr., and Eric Trump;

(4) President Trump’s plan to donate the profits of any foreign governments’ use of his hotels to the United States Treasury, including the decision to exclude other payments by foreign governments to any other business holdings of the Trump Organization from that arrangement;

“Donald Trump has refused to step away from his business interests in any meaningful way,”

link   

As I gaze into my crystal ball I see two big, beautiful, bold, tremendous, dizzying, words:

Fake. News.

ETA: Anytime I see the words, "It's official", I know that it's anything but that.
edit on 10-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: infolurker
Oh honey like you don't know. I keep thinking that they will wake up and start looking towards 2018, but every day they surprise me.

Is it possible for the right to have all the seats? LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So Clinton DID it .. and we should vote her .. but not Trump because he COULD do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think Trump just made a huge mistake. My understanding is that he just supported Conway's illegal conduct. This could get to the point where Trump's actions are so shocking that Republicans may cave in. There are ways impeachment could make sense for both Republicans and Democrats in the right circumstances. For instance, what if Democrats agree to rewrite Obamacare in order to get Trump removed from office via impeachment?

Kellyanne Conway, top adviser to President Donald Trump, apologized to him Thursday after her comments about Ivanka Trump's clothing line during a TV interview, a senior administration official told CNN.

The President expressed to her in that meeting that he backed her up "completely," the official said. The official also said that the President "hated" the word "counseled" -- as was used by press secretary Sean Spicer in the White House briefing Thursday in reference to the White House response to Conway's comments.

Kellyanne Conway apologized to Donald Trump after Ivanka clothing line comments

edit on 10-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I think a counter suit is needed to "separate business dealings" from the House and Senate as well. The main difference is THEY route taxpayer money to their Donors and Family to enrich themselves.

freebeacon.com...

I think that would be an excellent idea. Perhaps start a whitehouse petition? (If one hasn't already started?)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
such a waste of time, and they get paid to do this?

if they waste the next 2 years doing silly stuff like this they`ll lose even more seats in the 2018 mid term election.

They need to take care of the country and the people before they waste time on personal vendettas at the tax payers expense.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The democrats must be insane!

They need to think this through....... If Trump is removed then the word gets President Pence....a nam that makes Ted Cruz look tame......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join