It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

ooooh... You know it is against the T&C to call someone out in a thread right? I'm going to report you if you don't remove that. But since I'm sure you were writing that thread while really angry, I'll give you a shot to edit it.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

ooooh... You know it is against the T&C to call someone out in a thread right? I'm going to report you if you don't remove that.

I did not know that. I also am not calling you out.

You asked me to make a thread, I did. Why would you be upset about this?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Your thread SPECIFICALLY mentions my screen name. Several times. That is against the T&C. Your thread is just a rant against my opinion at this point.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Your thread SPECIFICALLY mentions my screen name. Several times. That is against the T&C. Your thread is just a rant against my opinion at this point.

I edited it. And I believe it is against t & c to assert I am some sort of anti immigrant racist. This is not the mud pit. I will give you a chance to edit.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

Looks like a case of the law punishing someone for being ignorant of the law instead of malicious voter fraud. Of course the law clearly states that ignorance of the law is no excuse; I'm just saying this so people don't look at this lady's case as confirmation of Trump's voter fraud claims.

The other mother they just deported was guilty of criminal impersonation.

Sounds like our immigrants in addition to failing to respect border crossing laws don't care much about other laws either.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I asserted no such thing. I merely inferred that your opinions may be copies of anti-immigrant rhetoric of yesteryear. I never suggested that was intentional or not. You read that into what I said on your own.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Looks like a case of the law punishing someone for being ignorant of the law instead of malicious voter fraud. Of course the law clearly states that ignorance of the law is no excuse; I'm just saying this so people don't look at this lady's case as confirmation of Trump's voter fraud claims.

Sounds like our immigrants in addition to failing to respect border crossing laws don't care much about other laws either.

Two immigrants equals all immigrants now?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
originally posted by: windword

I wonder if citizens who have been found to have voted in 2 counties or states will also receive an 8 year sentence.

I hope they go right to the City of Philadelphia and investigate those precincts that reported 25% provisional ballots on November 8. In comparison, my precinct reported < 1%.
edit on 10-2-2017 by EightAhoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had an inkling this thread would get real interesting....

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Its Texas, the incarceration state, "Everyone's guilty of something, Everyone should serve a little time".

Great case because it highlights the utter hypocrisy of how laws in Texas are applied. 1) she has a learning disability, then 2) she has four minor children?

So lets guess who's going to have to pay for the upkeep of 4 minor children? And if they're born in USA, they are anchor babies.

So we have what amounts to a victimless crime, for which the Taxpayers will have to pay to lock her up, the Taxpayers will have to pay for the care of the 4 minor children and the Taxpayers will probably have to pay for her deportation, (which is probably pointless because she can probably come back in on some family reunification loophole).

The REAL problem..........politics. The local DA, wanting to look like he's tough on crime. A reasonable DA would have bumped this down to a misdemeanor in exchange for her agreement to take herself and her four kids back to Mexico via the ICE bus at the Border.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So we have what amounts to a victimless crime

Source or proof of this
Someones identity was stolen
There is a REAL cost to that

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Someones identity was stolen?
Source or proof of this?

Nowhere does the story say her identity was a stolen ID.

She'd been living in the US since she was a child.........there's no reason to believe she was operating under a stolen ID.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Looks like an example is being set for voter fraud. It will be an interesting few years if there is actually an effort to go find the fraudsters and charge them.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

He points out his niece has spent almost her entire life in the U.S. Her attorney said she has a learning disability and was confused about the difference between being a citizen and a legal resident, so she thought she was allowed to vote.

“The jury didn’t believe that story. They believed that the defendant knew exactly what she was doing, and they responded accordingly,” Prosecutor Jonathan White said.

White told CBS11, when Ortega tried to register to vote in Tarrant County, she admitted she was not a citizen, so her application was rejected. When she told them she had already been voting in Dallas County, that’s when investigators started looking into her case. Defense attorney Clark Bidsall said his client’s case has been politicized and now Ortega has a difficult road ahead even after her sentence.

“Once she gets out of prison and she’s deported, does she bring her four minor children to Mexico? As a mother I think that would be a difficult choice for her,” Birdsall said.

“It’s going to be a big impact for them because now they’re going to have to go over there to visit their momma,” Felipe Ortega added.

Prosecutors said whether this case prompts elections officials to verify citizenship is an issue for the legislature. CBS11 asked Dallas elections officials to comment on the case, but they have not gotten back to us.

The jury also gave Ortega a $5,000 fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That actually sounds like a reasonable synopsis.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Two immigrants equals all immigrants now?

Yes! As long as the immigrants we are talking about crossed our international border with Mexico illegally instead of using proper methods towards legal citizenship.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Well at least you are honest about using logical fallacies.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I was mistaken.
I was also incorrect.
Please accept my apology.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wasn't aware using your name in a thread was against t and c. I thought since you asked me to make the thread, that you would have no problem with your name being included in it.

If I caused you any harm, I apologize.

It does seem to strangely apply to the issue we were talking about though.

The rules state that I must not include a name, you reported me for that, and the thread got pulled. That is totally fair, even if I didn't hurt anyone, it was still the rules and they must be followed.

Just like illegals have broken the rule, and the law must be followed.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Actually I didn't report you at all. As soon as you redacted my name I started responding to you normally. That is unless the mod that closed the thread saw my publicly informing you that it was against the T&C as a report. I can't be sure, all i know is that I didn't physically send the alert. Like I said in the thread I would have been more upset if I wasn't already sure that I'm hated by the right and my reputation among you guys can't get worse. Considering another poster referred to me today as "your kind" I really can't be more offended by what you did. I recognize that you likely were rather emotional writing that post too as that isn't your normal way of typing and it seemed like you blew your cool while typing it. After all you were accusing me of calling you a racist at the time too (something which I still stand by not intending to do; you can certainly hold an opinion and not know its origins so I was leaving that open ended intentionally). I mean even the reasoning was rather weak for your caliber arguing. Consider it water under the bridge.

As far as obeying the law. Laws aren't necessarily just. It is also possible to forgive law transgressions based on the circumstances. This is something Obama attempted to do with the DREAM act. Even Trump has implied as such when he said that he wants to target the criminals first (though I believe that is just hollow wording and no illegal is safe considering the news stories starting to pop out of mothers being arrested and separated from their children).
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Actually I didn't report you at all. As soon as you redacted my name I started responding to you normally. That is unless the mod that closed the thread saw my publicly informing you that it was against the T&C as a report. I can't be sure, all i know is that I didn't physically send the alert. Like I said in the thread I would have been more upset if I wasn't already sure that I'm hated by the right and my reputation among you guys can't get worse.

As far as obeying the law. Laws aren't necessarily just. It is also possible to forgive law transgressions based on the circumstances. This is something Obama attempted to do with the DREAM act. Even Trump has implied as such when he said that he wants to target the criminals first (though I believe that is just hollow wording and no illegal is safe considering the news stories starting to pop out of mothers being arrested and separated from their children)..

I don't really mind if you reported me or not. I honestly didn't know it was against t & C, and you had every right to report or not.

Its all good, I have no hard feelings at all.

Ironically you are posting basically what I believe. I was on ATS criticizing Trump in the primaries (I believe) when he was talking about deporting all illegals. I think that ones that are not felons and are not an undue burden as far as getting benefits should be left alone, and given options to be made legal.

However, I feel that it needs to start like now, and any new person that comes will be deported and have to come in the legal way.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join