It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

K so they are just picking the most vulnerable of the lot to make examples of, I dont get it... I thought President Trump was going to go after the convicted criminals , gang members, killers, human traffickers and the like in his deportation advances?

This is setting the wrong presidence.

The Mothers? The hard working Mexican illegals who are the ones we want here? I do not think that they are choosing rightly here but causing a civil war against the USA. Insighting riots, violent turmoil and misunderstandings.

Who is behind choosing the "examples"? I say they are the leftists against any form of legal immigration but instead the open borders hillary dreamed of.

This is a social set up.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Forgive my ignorance oh great one.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Because there is a difference between keeping parts of your culture and choosing not to integrate. I don't recall walking down the street and seeing signs with English, Greek, Italian, and Chinese everywhere I go. I don't call the bank and get asked to press 1 for English and 2 for Italian.

It's a proven fact Hispanic immigrants are integrating less so than any other major immigrant group in history.

I don't need to know Italian to talk to people in the North End in Boston.
edit on 10-2-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

You're forgiven. Now anything about the topic at hand or are you intent on ad homineming me some more?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Because there is a difference between keeping parts of your culture and choosing not to integrate. I don't recall walking down the street and seeing signs with English, Greek, Italian, and Chinese everywhere I go. I don't call the bank and get asked to press 1 for English and 2 for Italian.

It's a proven fact Hispanic immigrants are integrating less so than any other major immigrant group in history.

I don't need to know Italian to talk to people in the North End in Boston.

Were you born in the early 1900's when these groups of peoples first started entering the country? You do know that generational divides ease the transition between the previous culture and American culture right? It usually takes about 3 generations before an immigrant family is fulling Americanized.

Then prove it.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You can go any weekend night to the mean streets of major cities and find hardened criminals to arrest and deport. Sit at airstrips, border crossings and the like and find the ones that President Trump wants arrested and deported to make America safer. Instead of a wall maybe video drones all along the border? Go through the FAA to figure out who is flying in and out? Work with Maritime to discover illegal activity?

link   

No Sir!

link   

Most immigrants are also learning English at about the same rate as previous waves — but that’s not true for Spanish-speaking migrants, who “appear to be acquiring English and losing Spanish more slowly than other immigrant groups,” the academics said

www.washingtontimes.com...

It's crazy you ask me to prove it, it's not even disputable.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

That is what Obama tried to do too, but he was lambasted for it near daily even though he was known effectively as the "Deporter in Chief" in Mexico.

No he didn't at all. What was his proposition to secure the border?

Look at th e thread about the Phoenix woman being deported.

She was arrested in 2013 for a felony, and although the law says she has to be deported, she wasn't. Now everyone is blaming Trump. Why? Because this law was not enforced under Obama.

If Obama was doing both at the same time, why was he not cracking down on sanctuary cities? Why was he passing things like the DREAMERS act without touching the border?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Malicious intend is not an element of breaking the law when it comes to voter fraud, at least in most voter-fraud laws that I have been able to review in some states. I can't find the one for Texas with my quick search, but generally, all that has to be met is that the accused knowingly voted illegally. It would seem that, since she was able at one point to assert that she is not a citizen, she was knowingly breaking the law.

She earned her cell and deportation. I understand your desire to look at all ways that it just could have been a mistake, but like you said, ignorance of the law is not a defense. She was in the wrong and must face the music.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

appear to be acquiring English and losing Spanish more slowly than other immigrant groups,”

Yes, because I use the phrase "appear to be" when I'm talking about definitive facts ALL the time. /sarc.

PS: Where is this report? The Times seems to have neglected even giving the title let alone a link to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree. I'm not trying to overturn her conviction or anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: infolurker

K so they are just picking the most vulnerable of the lot to make examples of, I dont get it... I thought President Trump was going to go after the convicted criminals , gang members, killers, human traffickers and the like in his deportation advances?

This is setting the wrong presidence.

The Mothers? The hard working Mexican illegals who are the ones we want here? I do not think that they are choosing rightly here but causing a civil war against the USA. Insighting riots, violent turmoil and misunderstandings.

Who is behind choosing the "examples"? I say they are the leftists against any form of legal immigration but instead the open borders hillary dreamed of.

This is a social set up.

Right we get it. You don't think voter fraud is a big deal. Especially if she is voting for your candidate, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you are just going to ignore the fact that Obama deported more people than any other President in history then?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
You can go any weekend night to the mean streets of major cities and find hardened criminals to arrest and deport. Sit at airstrips, border crossings and the like and find the ones that President Trump wants arrested and deported to make America safer. Instead of a wall maybe video drones all along the border? Go through the FAA to figure out who is flying in and out? Work with Maritime to discover illegal activity?

I guess Trump will have to send the Feds in then, because many of those cities where you find those people are sanctuary cities. Now why would those cities want to keep these hardened criminals from being deported?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I found the report in 5 seconds based on the article. I found the article in 2 seconds because it's not even a debatable topic.
Mary C. Waters - Democrat Harvard Sociology Professor
Marisa Gerstein Pineau - Democrat UCLA Sociology grad

www.nap.edu...

Funded by the government during Obama's 2nd term.

Not even a debatable topic. If you think it is you are completely ignorant on the subject.
edit on 10-2-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you are just going to ignore the fact that Obama deported more people than any other President in history then?

So what.

People will come into the country under legal immigration and visas under Trump, so that means he has dealt with the immigration system? Of course not.

Most of those Obama deported were people at the border that were turned back.

He was more interested in Dreamers and allowing sanctuary cities to focus on the border.

Or should we look at quotes from people in ICE that discussed how they were told to let tons of people go, and how vulnerable the border is?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I am saying liberal funded research has proven hispanics are NOT assimilating in general.

Assimilating into what?

Should we send them off to schools, take away their culture, and force them to speak English?

They were actually here first.

What is that nonsense ?

Seriously ?

Spanish is a Romance language that come from guess where ?

EUROPE.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why do you keep yelling over and over that this isn't a debatable topic like repeating that will make it true? We are debating it right now. So clearly that assertion is wrong. But for one, I don't care about the Times' opinion on this. I at least want to see the context those words were said to see why they were said instead of just swallowing a sound byte like you are willing to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes. Obama's immigration policy was nuanced. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join