It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You have to turn off the water before you fix the pipe.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
8 years and 5,000 dollar fine?

She should been deported right away. In fact, instead of a fine, they could have given her $5K and sent on her way. Now we have to care for her for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I disagree. If legal immigration was made easier/cheaper, the incentive to boarder hop would be less. Why risk life, limb and possibly your freedom (in more ways than one, some illegals end up slaves to cartels or mafias) when you can do it legally?

Nope, ridiculous.

First off you are assuming that we somehow need to accept more people. How do you know this? Perhaps a rehaul of our immigration system makes the paperwork easier, but decides we need far less visa and immigrants a year.

Do you really think people will say "Well the paperwork is easier, so even though I was turned down I am happy with that" No the ones turned down will still come illegally if the border isn't secure.

Our country has every right to control how many people we take in. You want more immigrants, and so you feel that the current amount the US takes is wrong. So you justify people breaking the law.

And where does your suggestion stop.

Well maybe people think that voter laws shoudl be changed and more immigrants should be able to vote. So according to you, instead of arresting people that break the voter laws, we should make it easer for them to vote.

This is insanity, and not how the law works.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just knew you'd say that!

Trumps influence didn't begin one year ago, it began a long long time ago. Which is why he's is The President. He's a resourceful guy, he knows The Enemy inside and out, and he's always 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You want more immigrant

Thanks for speaking for me, but I don't necessarily want more immigrants. I just don't care about them entering the country. Mostly because this country is a country of immigrants and we built our greatness on the backs of hard working immigrants legal and illegal.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

I just knew you'd say that!

Trumps influence didn't begin one year ago, it began a long long time ago. Which is why he's is The President. He's a resourceful guy, he knows The Enemy inside and out, and he's always 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

Yes, because we were ALL discussing Trump's imminent run for Presidency back in November of 2015. Why did I forget? Oh yeah, that didn't happen at all. Thanks for the revisionist history though.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This is like saying we need to stamp out all illegal drug use before we can revamp legal drug laws.

No, because no one is saying to totally stamp out illegal immigration. We are saying set up and prepare to minimize it as much as possible.

So your analogy is wrong.

It would be more like this.

You are saying that we should not prosecute people for drug crimes, or have law enforcement equipped to deal with drug crimes until we revamp drug laws.

And then you have to factor in that not everyone is going to want the law revamped in the same way. So its going to take a while to hash it out, and it may not come out the way you want. Meanwhile, all drug crime continues unabated.

And how would that work out in the end? Say we revamp the drug laws to say only heroine is illegal. Well guess what, because of you the police are not equipped to deal with heroine dealers at all, and so even though it is illegal, they just keep dealing.

link   

I love immigrants. My concern is less on quantity, and more on quality. I want the immigrant that comes to be an American. Integrate. Enrich America.

People like my wife, who is an immigrant, and not White.

link   

Here have this, you really need to learn how to relax a little

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You want more immigrant

Thanks for speaking for me, but I don't necessarily want more immigrants. I just don't care about them entering the country. Mostly because this country is a country of immigrants and we built our greatness on the backs of hard working immigrants legal and illegal.

Garbage.

What nonsense. So because this country has had immigrants in the past we have no right to control who comes into the country.

Well thats it then! Tell billions of people they are welcome to come into the country unabated because immigrants in the past made the bult the country! Never mind the logistics of how this would ruin the country!

Oh and this country was also built on the backs of slaves! So we should bring back slaves to this country, right!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ok. Well here's a thought? How about revamping BOTH policies simultaneously? Legal and illegal immigrant policies. That seems to be a political position that neither side is ever for though.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I love immigrants. My concern is less on quantity, and more on quality. I want the immigrant that comes to be an American. Integrate. Enrich America.

So are you saying that illegals across the board don't ever attempt to assimilate? What if America's biases against them is going to prevent them from doing this?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Good point. Both are to blame. In the end, we are left with a real problem that needs to be dealt with, as well as policy changes to legal immigration.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ok. Well here's a thought? How about revamping BOTH policies simultaneously? Legal and illegal immigrant policies. That seems to be a political position that neither side is ever for though.

I don't mind that at much. But that means protecting the border, kicking out felon illegals like the lady in the OP, while revamping or visa system and what not.

That seems to be kind of what Trump is doing. But I agree he could be working on revamping legal immigration more.

But the left is going nuts at the thought of protecting the border, or sending any illegals home. So it doesn't seem like much room for compromise.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Is that the best you could come up with? You clearly don't know me at all as I am one of the most laid back people you could ever meet (though that should come across easily after considering my favorite topic on ATS). If you can't refute my words it's best to just not answer instead.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So are you saying that illegals across the board don't ever attempt to assimilate? What if America's biases against them is going to prevent them from doing this?

If they did there would not be such bias. I am saying liberal funded research has proven hispanics are NOT assimilating in general. And those are the LEGAL ones too. Rather they are demanding, and getting, America turned more into their homeland they left.

My best friend's daughter is learning Chinese, she MUST learn Spanish per Federal Government requirements or she can not graduate.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That is what Obama tried to do too, but he was lambasted for it near daily even though he was known effectively as the "Deporter in Chief" in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How is self-segregation any different than how any other class of immigrants behaved when they first entered the country? Ever heard of Little Italy? How about Chinatown? Greektown? Why do you think these places have these names?

link   

I am saying liberal funded research has proven hispanics are NOT assimilating in general.

Assimilating into what?

Should we send them off to schools, take away their culture, and force them to speak English?

They were actually here first.

link   
Why do I get the feeling that Terri Lynn Rote won't serve anywhere near such a severe prison term for committing voter fraud?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join