It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: Grambler

A revolution, sure, physical violence no, voting? noway, that's why we're in this mess.

I just believe we aren't living up to our reputation,

The United States experienced major waves of immigration during the colonial era, the first part of the 19th century and from the 1880s to 1920. Many immigrants came to America seeking greater economic opportunity, while some, such as the Pilgrims in the early 1600s, arrived in search of religious freedom.

Why aren't we due some more growth in a positive direction?

We need to now talk with our money, as in, we need to not spend it, we need to send a message and unite everytime we are upset instead of blaming others.

Understanding that adding to the problem with more problems isn't a solution, a true solution will solve all the problems without extra issues being created.

Why do illegals want to come here? Because they want the same things you do, a chance at life.

There is something wrong with us when we are turning people away that want to work for what they want. That's not a land of opportunity to me. I'm not saying put them all on welfare, actually that's why we suffer, we give instead of teach.

Are you trying to tell me, that there is no solution to be had here? That Americans and South Americans cannot come to a solution that benefits us all? Because last time I checked, we live in America, we've done things that no other country has done and we prosper from it.

Why is it now an issue when it wasn't back when our Statue of Liberty meant:

Well there you have it. You provided your own answer why we can't all come together. You thnk that have a protected border and controlling who comes into the country is a bad idea. I disagree.

North and South America have come to an agreement. Its caled LEGAL immigration. 15 million or illegal immigrant in this country. Had they not came, that would be 15 million more LEGAL immigrants we could have accepted.

Do you believe we should let everyone who wants in in?

I know illegals come here for the same things I want, to live a good life.

But burglars also want that. Should we just accept burglaries then?

You may say illegals are not harming anyone, but what about the identities they steal? Are those people not harmed? And here we have a woman illegally voting. I have already explained how this hurts the country.

We have millions of unemployed Americans, and millions more in extreme poverty or homelessness. Why are some people more concerned with helping poor foreigners rather than our own citizens.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Immigration legal versus illegal isn't and has NEVER been a zero-sum game. Presenting this narrative is odd too because of your adherence to facts and trying to pierce through bias.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Immigration legal versus illegal isn't and has NEVER been a zero-sum game. Presenting this narrative is odd too because of your adherence to facts and trying to pierce through bias.

Of course it is not exactly zero sum. But are you really telling me that if these 15 million weren't here we wouldn't have taken in way more legal immigrants?

But lets look into this.

It is always said illegals are necessary because they do hard work that Americans won't.

So if they weren't here and that is true, we would have to legally bring in immigrants to fulfill those jobs.

Now you may say thats not all 15 million. Then what are the rest of the illegals doing? If they are necessary to the economy, we would have to bring legals in to fill their positions.

If not, then obviously these illegals are not contributing to society as some would have us believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Letting everyone in isn't the answer either

But there is a better solution than building a wall.

I'm looking at this from a business standpoint, they are potential tax payers, 15 million taxpayers sounds good, if we could figure out a better means of employing them.

It's all about using what we have to craft a catered solution, that's not too much to ask is it?

I still stand by the concept that there is a win win for everyone here, but it will take unbiased minds to see such.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Letting everyone in isn't the answer either

But there is a better solution than building a wall.

I'm looking at this from a business standpoint, they are potential tax payers, 15 million taxpayers sounds good, if we could figure out a better means of employing them.

It's all about using what we have to craft a catered solution, that's not too much to ask is it?

I still stand by the concept that there is a win win for everyone here, but it will take unbiased minds to see such.

Well I agree with most of this. I am not sure about the wall either. Its not that I think its bad, its just I don't know if its worth the money. But it is symbolic that we finally have a President that will take our borders seriously.

As far as 15 million tax payers and what not, I agree with this.

However, this means that we should remove people that are felons, and people that are not tax payers but are instead a drain on the economy.

I believe that is Trumps plan.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You know how many Countries were stolen by other people? Lots and Lots.

Now the issue at hand isn't the past it's the NOW.

I really don't know what else to tell ya. We agree on some topics, and others not so much. This is one of them.

Spare the rod, spoil the illegal migrants. The more you sweep it under the proverbial rug, the worse it's going to continue to get. Turning a blind eye simply doesn't cut it anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This kind of narrative fuels into the idea of taking care of illegals first before revamping our legal immigration processes, and I don't agree with it. I happen to know and am friends with a Chinese guy and his family trying to make their way through the legal immigration process. What's stopping him isn't a bunch of illegals who hopped the boarder. It's things like ridiculous requirements for him to visit the US embassy in his home country (again China) to process paperwork when he already lives here under an H1B.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

But it ISN'T getting worse. Net immigration from Mexico is decreasing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do we know that if we don't even know how many illegals are here?

link   

You see? With Trump as President they're already running for the hills

link   
the penalty was too light. Voting fraud is destructive to the institution, and very dangerous to the country as whole.

If she is mentally challenged why is she having children?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Of course
Somehow I actually expected your number to be higher.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Would be nice to see us formulate a means for everyone to be happy, because deep down inside I understand it's one of many possible realities, just am not sure if it's going to reach such a level or if this wall talk is more of a negative turn.

I've watched a few documentaries on the Gaza tunnels, some of them are pretty interesting how they operate.

This issue I have with building a wall is, it's going to keep the good people out while the bad are so determined, that they will figure out a means, most likely the continuation of the tunnels, which I think could become more of a threat than anyone could ever imagine.

If they start choosing homes and coming up through the floor,

One thing I haven't understood so far in life is, why people think doing anything will deter someone else if they want it bad enough?

It would be much more simpler to really understand the many types of people and what they want to better handle and hinder their future actions.

Drugs and Human trafficking is the number one reason people will go over, under or through the wall, maybe we need to focus on how we handle drugs and human trafficking more than we need a wall.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Everyone knows that some amount of voter fraud goes on. It happens in every large voting system everywhere and always has. The question is whether or not it's a widespread problem.

I listed 10 states where the margin of victory was less than 2%.
Less than 2800 votes would turn New Hampshire
Less than 14 k would turn Michigan

With those margins, and more stories like this bound to find the way to the msm, imo an actual investigation is in order.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This kind of narrative fuels into the idea of taking care of illegals first before revamping our legal immigration processes, and I don't agree with it. I happen to know and am friends with a Chinese guy and his family trying to make their way through the legal immigration process. What's stopping him isn't a bunch of illegals who hopped the boarder. It's things like ridiculous requirements for him to visit the US embassy in his home country (again China) to process paperwork when he already lives here under an H1B.

We should take care of the illegals first. No amount of changes to our legal immigration system will matter at all if you can just walk right over the border illegally.

The bean counters can figure out exactly how many visas we need, how many legal immigrants for each type of job, and get it down to a science. And then people just cross the border illegally, making all of the numbers irrelevant.

I am not suggesting rounding up all illegals. But those that have committed felonies or are an undue burden on out system have to go, and the border must be made as secure as possible.

Until that happens, no changes to the legal immigration system matter at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

That has been the case since WAY before Trump even started running for President. I even wrote a thread on it back in November of 2015 (which is before Trump even announced his candidacy let alone won the election).

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I disagree. If legal immigration was made easier/cheaper, the incentive to boarder hop would be less. Why risk life, limb and possibly your freedom (in more ways than one, some illegals end up slaves to cartels or mafias) when you can do it legally?

This is like saying we need to stamp out all illegal drug use before we can revamp legal drug laws.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

One thing I haven't understood so far in life is, why people think doing anything will deter someone else if they want it bad enough?

It would be much more simpler to really understand the many types of people and what they want to better handle and hinder their future actions.

Drugs and Human trafficking is the number one reason people will go over, under or through the wall, maybe we need to focus on how we handle drugs and human trafficking more than we need a wall.

Again you contradict yourself. If nothing will deter people that want something, then why would focusing on drugs or human trafficking stop anything?

I have said my piece on the wall.

This OP was about a woman committing voter fraud, and you seem to not think she should be punished, or at least punished much lighter.

This is a crime, and a serious one, and it should be enforced.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Of course
Somehow I actually expected your number to be higher.

Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I'm missing the part where it says she only voted in a presidential election for President. Could you quote it please, because I'm confused. Every other office, from senator down to dog catcher is directly elected by popular vote, so unless she only voted for president your argument is even sillier than it appears to be at first glance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join