It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what the punishment should be, but it should be severe. By the way, if you listen to the video she voted illegally at least twice.

If we do not protect our voting system, then we have lost all input to how our country is governed. Perhaps if people start getting 8 years, it will discourage others from doing the same thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I cant find a legal definition for "malicious" voter fraud so I think you made it up.

I know what Trumps claim was, I asked how many before YOU think this is an actual problem.

www.usnews.com...
Here's a list of the 10 closest 2016 states, according to The Cook Political Report's running tally, ranked from narrowest margin by percentage to widest:

1. Michigan 0.3 percent
Trump 47.6 percent, Clinton 47.3 percent
Difference: 13,080 votes

2. New Hampshire 0.4 percent
Clinton 47.6 percent, Trump 47.2 percent
Difference: 2,701 votes

3. Wisconsin 1 percent
Trump 47.9 percent, Clinton 46.9 percent
Difference: 27,257 votes

4. Pennsylvania 1.2 percent
Trump 48.8 percent, Clinton 47.6 percent
Difference: 68,236 votes (99 percent reporting)

5. Florida 1.2 percent
Trump 49 percent, Clinton 47.8 percent
Difference: 114,455 votes

6. Minnesota 1.5 percent
Clinton 46.4 percent, Trump 44.9 percent
Difference: 44,470 votes

7. Nevada 2.4 percent
Clinton 47.9 percent, Trump 45.5 percent
Difference: 26,434 votes

8. Maine 2.7 percent
Clinton 47.9 percent, Trump 45.2 percent
Difference: 19,995 votes

9. North Carolina 3.8 percent
Trump 49.9 percent, Clinton 46.1 percent
Difference: 177,009 votes

10. Arizona 3.9 percent
Trump 49.3 percent, Clinton 45.4 percent
Difference: 91,682 votes

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thx. Figured there was more to the story. Sounds like the sentence is really more about her just being a liar and playing games with the court. I still think the sentence is extreme. Just deport her ass. Makes no sesne for taxpayers to be paying for 3 hots and a cot for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: butcherguy

Well as a non-citizen maybe she didn't know the best way to explain herself?

That might be a reason to learn the language of a country that you decide to live in illegally?
Hell, it might be a good reason to learn the language if you decide to live in a country legally.

Have you ever attempted to learn a language? It isn't easy. It also isn't a requirement to live in another country.

I have learned a foreign language.
You specifically mentioned that she may have had a problem... just because she is a non-citizen:

Well as a non-citizen maybe she didn't know the best way to explain herself?

Not my problem.
I am not living in a country where English isn't spoken.
My choice.
She made her choice to come here illegally.
She chose to vote in multiple elections when she isn't a citizen... which is illegal.

Maybe she should learn to make better choices... even if she can't learn the language.

My point is that she chose to do all of these things. She made poor choices.
People expect that the US should either change our laws or ignore the ones we have already because illegal aliens are either too stupid to learn the language or because they do not make good choices?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why should it be so severe when our vote doesn't actually elect the president?

I mean, didn't many learn about the electoral college recently?

Please explain to me, how even a thousand voted like this, would we have a different president?

Or is this all about due justice? Because if so, let's take our pitchforks and torches to DC, where we have the most injustice system around.

Why is the public so hot about punishing the public?

We should be more pissed at the establishment and hold them accountable, this person is just very small in the real scheme of things.

Yes, punishment should occur, however our focus towards voter fraud should be looking more at the source. Millions of people are deceived and we always are handed the lower end of the totem pole, why don't we look up?

This isn't even about Hilliary and Trump, it's much more involved and I'm shocked it's not a big deal.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I don't know exactly what the punishment should be, but it should be severe. By the way, if you listen to the video she voted illegally at least twice.

If we do not protect our voting system, then we have lost all input to how our country is governed. Perhaps if people start getting 8 years, it will discourage others from doing the same thing.

I really doubt that it would discourage people, a lot of states have life without parole for murder including here in Michigan where I live, and they still commit murders there.
I don't know, even with my hardline approach against illegal aliens, 8 years does seem a bit excessive.
I can't wait to hear the wailing about this from our Liberal leaning members, I am very interested to see what they say about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hear this never ever happens .. but this lady admits to voting ....

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Why should it be so severe when our vote doesn't actually elect the president?

I mean, didn't many learn about the electoral college recently?

Please explain to me, how even a thousand voted like this, would we have a different president?

Or is this all about due justice? Because if so, let's take our pitchforks and torches to DC, where we have the most injustice system around.

Why is the public so hot about punishing the public?

We should be more pissed at the establishment and hold them accountable, this person is just very small in the real scheme of things.

Yes, punishment should occur, however our focus towards voter fraud should be looking more at the source. Millions of people are deceived and we always are handed the lower end of the totem pole, why don't we look up?

This isn't even about Hilliary and Trump, it's much more involved and I'm shocked it's not a big deal.

People were pissed at the establishment. Thats why Bernie and Trump had so much support. Unfortunately the dems stole the primary from Bernie.

How do you suggest we punish the establishment? Are you calling for an open revolution?

The best way to punish the establishment is through voting.

Thats why we have to do our best to make sure that the voting system is not being abused.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Because tax payers are fed up to the hilt with Illegals getting handed everything, taking their host country for granted, and ignoring rule of Law.

That's why.

An example must be measured out for these people or they'll never take anything seriously.
edit on 10-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I cant find a legal definition for "malicious" voter fraud so I think you made it up.

I know what Trumps claim was, I asked how many before YOU think this is an actual problem.

3 million.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You're right. That's why you don't see me trying to overturn the ruling. I'm just trying to speculate on some things.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

How many of these will it take before you have "confirmation of Trump's voter fraud claims."? We know this goes on. How many have to get caught before you think this is an actual problem?

Trump claimed 3-5 million. Do you think 1 or 2 instances or even a dozen or a hundred prove 3-5 million? If I told you that millions of people were dying per year because of clothing donation drop-off boxes would you believe me? Well it just happened to this unfortunate woman. How many more examples do you need before you believe my made up statistic?

Everyone knows that some amount of voter fraud goes on. It happens in every large voting system everywhere and always has. The question is whether or not it's a widespread problem. 3-5 million people would be a widespread problem. In an election with 130 million or so votes cast, 3-5, 30-50, 300-500 or even 3,000-5,000 nationwide wouldn't be worth discussing. 5,000 votes out of 130 million would be .0038% (which is like 1/265th of a single percent). You'd also have to take into account what the overall effect was (in other words, if there were 5,000 fraudulent votes, how many were cast for whom — 2,500 for each of two candidates would cancel out the effect).

We all have a very distorted perception of the world because news — even impartial, completely politically neutral just-the-facts news — is essentially confirmation bias. For instance, they obviously don't report the 130+ million times somebody didn't vote illegally.
edit on 2017-2-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He probably doesn't care about the particulars if he thinks that a handful of anecdotes are going to suddenly make us jump up and yell "VOTER FRAUD IS A PROBLEM!" Just tell him 3 million and be done with it. Can't read too far into a number.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: shooterbrody

How many of these will it take before you have "confirmation of Trump's voter fraud claims."? We know this goes on. How many have to get caught before you think this is an actual problem?

Trump claimed 3-5 million. Do you think 1 or 2 instances or even a dozen or a hundred prove 3-5 million? If I told you that millions of people were dying per year because of clothing donation drop-off boxes would you believe me? Well it just happened to this unfortunate woman. How many more examples do you need before you believe my made up statistic?

Everyone knows that some amount of voter fraud goes on. It happens in every large voting system everywhere and always has. The question is whether or not it's a widespread problem. 3-5 million people would be a widespread problem. In an election with 130 million or so votes cast, 3-5, 30-50, 300-500 or even 3,000-5,000 nationwide wouldn't be worth discussing. 5,000 votes out of 130 million would be .0038% (which is like 1/265th of a single percent). You'd also have to take into account what the overall effect was (in other words, if there were 5,000 fraudulent votes, how many were cast for whom — 2,500 for each of two candidates would cancel out the effect).

We all have a very distorted perception of the world because news — even impartial, completely politically neutral just-the-facts news — is essentially confirmation bias. For instance, they obvious don't report the 130+ million times somebody didn't vote illegally.

I have no reason to believe Trump 3 million number. But having said that, I feel that our voting system is so important that we should make sure that its not being abused.

We have possibly 15 Million illegals in this country. Apparently most of them have forged papers or stolen Identities.

We have a thread about a California state senator being so non nonchalant about these criminal forgeries that he announces on a radio station that his family all has these papers. and he endorses it.

The states are the ones that make sure no fraud is occurring. And here we have an elected state official calling for illegal activity. And was he rebuked by the state of California for this statement. But even though hey have such a laxed attitude to these felonies, surely they put their foot down at voter fraud. Yeah right.

The fact that there ae so many illegals, and that so many states and cities are willing to overlook them breaking the law is why there should be an investigation into voter fraud.

And maybe that investigation will show that it is a minimal problem, thats great. But there is no reason not to have an investigation.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mexican Citizen Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison For Voter Fraud

More proof the last elections popular vote was a FRAUD.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

She proceeded to bring in medical experts(on the taxpayers dime) to say she was mentally disabled when she clearly wasn't…

LOL.

Mentally defunct people voting.

That's just priceless.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have no reason to believe Trump 3 million number.

Look at the California vote.

Clinton got more votes than Obama did.

There's every reason to believe that 3 million number.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Obama said it was ok for illegals to vote this poor women is another victim of the left`s use em, abuse em and kick em to the curb mentality.

The president told her she could vote and now she will pay the consequences for that by spending 8 years in prison and being deported,maybe she won`t come back to America now that she has been lied to by the president himself? or maybe the next time she votes illegally she won`t vote for a democrat afterall it was a democrat president that lied to her and got her locked up and deported.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

A revolution, sure, physical violence no, voting? noway, that's why we're in this mess.

I just believe we aren't living up to our reputation,

The United States experienced major waves of immigration during the colonial era, the first part of the 19th century and from the 1880s to 1920. Many immigrants came to America seeking greater economic opportunity, while some, such as the Pilgrims in the early 1600s, arrived in search of religious freedom.

Why aren't we due some more growth in a positive direction?

We need to now talk with our money, as in, we need to not spend it, we need to send a message and unite everytime we are upset instead of blaming others.

Understanding that adding to the problem with more problems isn't a solution, a true solution will solve all the problems without extra issues being created.

Why do illegals want to come here? Because they want the same things you do, a chance at life.

There is something wrong with us when we are turning people away that want to work for what they want. That's not a land of opportunity to me. I'm not saying put them all on welfare, actually that's why we suffer, we give instead of teach.

Are you trying to tell me, that there is no solution to be had here? That Americans and South Americans cannot come to a solution that benefits us all? Because last time I checked, we live in America, we've done things that no other country has done and we prosper from it.

Why is it now an issue when it wasn't back when our Statue of Liberty meant:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. “Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

a reply to: LuXTeN

While I do understand that people are pissed at both the establishment and Illegals, the fact of the matter remains, if our government focused on matters of improvement inside our own country instead of bickering like a 4th grade class argument, maybe we'd not even have the problems we're faced with now.

We're all humans here, our country was stolen from the original inhabitants of this land. We were the illegals, just because there was no laws governing that in the english doctrines there was tribal laws, but we ignored them.

But let's get to the present shall we?

Why isn't that efforts being had at figuring out a means at adding these people to our country, we have plenty of work needing to be done in our country, we could have even more taxes come into states as well.

I just can't help but think that people aren't seeing the bigger picture here, do you really think that the future of human populations will be conducive ( able to handle ) to countries borders?

IMO if we don't try and understand and solve this problem now, we're going to have it bite us tenfold later on.

link   
Trump should pardon her and win the hearts and minds of other illegal voters. And maybe a few lefties, too.

Where the absurd comment emoji?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join