It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Disclosure ........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The only things that would force the government into disclosure are:

1. If the aliens disclose themselves....

OR

2. When it's in their best interest to do so....and that doesn't seem to be the case yet....

The letters go in the shredbox by the aides....

There was even a senator, Barry Goldwater, who pushed for disclosure...don't hear from him anymore much. I hate to be the pessimist, but even if overwhelming evidence was brought forward, there are at least a MILLION ways to discredit it enough to cast doubt. Therefore, the above two scenarios are the ONLY ways it's going to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Saw this link after I posted elsewhere:

I dont see why they wont disclose it. Heres my take:

US admits it and other countries follow. For a brief (1-5 years) people will be shook up. I think it would be much better to tell everyone rather than waiting till the last minute.

If the issue is that we cannot control/defend against an alien presence then people should know. People should know to prepare. During world war II our resources were depleted. However, during this time everyone came together, made sacrifices for the common good and some of the most advanced techology came from that period.

My point is that right now you have a small group of people that live in secret working on highly classified projects. There potential to do great things is very limited despite there intelligence. Just think if the public knew the real deal. People would come together and figure out a way to deal with it. Its in our nature.

I hope this doesnt sound elementry but I'm trying. Does anyone share a similar view?

XL5

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
When the public develops true antigravity and or free energy, they will have no chance to deny it. They still wouldn't tell you about the aliens intentions, good or bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Event Horizon brings up a good point...that we need to discuss WHY the government would keep it a secret...

The following, are my beliefs as to why...(and are opinion)

1. If the "deal" brokering at Holloman is true, then I seriously doubt the government would want it revealed that they basically sold out American citizens in exchange for tech.

2. The tech recovered and reverse-engineered is the very thing responsible for continued US global dominance in technology...specifically military technology. Currently, even the most top secret stuff being eventually revealed to the public is still 20 years behind what they can ACTUALLY do. If the truth comes out, and more of this tech is public to other nations, the US loses it's ace in the hole.

3. That initially, the US armed forces were powerless to stop the incursions, and even now, although able to neutralize a full scale invasion, we are still unable to guard against lone EBE intruders... This is because any defenses employed would a) reveal the tech to any observers, b) would "out" the secret, and c) be difficult to coverup.

4. It's quite likely, based on the evidence, that the aliens' agenda is either sinister in nature, or at least unknown. It is doubtful it is benign. Luckily for the powers that be, the aliens also seem to wish secrecy.

5. Global reaction to one nation, or a small group of nations (i.e. US, former USSR, Britain, etc.) holding out on such a secret, would surely not be pleasant, and may start an ET tech arms race....making the spy games of the Cold War look like child's play....

6. Revealing that you're spending billions on archaic space technology, just to keep up appearances to the rest of the world, when you're sitting on anti-gravity drives, isn't likely to spark a good public reaction either...

There are many other facets one could go into, but suffice to say, there is likely a very good reason that the powers that be are still maintaining the secret... Mind you, most of those reasons are likely to keep their own asses out of the fire....and while that isn't sufficient reason to us to keep us all in the dark, it certainly is justifiable in THEIR eyes, hehe...
And unfortunately, they are the ones in the driver's seat....as well as the aliens themselves. That's why, any move for disclosure has to originate with one of those drivers....a passenger has no say in where it's going....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Gazrok, You have made it clear as well... Thanks for that opinion , for many others are thinking the same thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Is there any way we can force the government into disclosing / admitting that Mr ET exists?

I was reading the Disclosure.com site and they have a sample letter you can print off and send to your Governer / MP / the President.

If only one percent of the people in the US who believed in UFO's etc. sent one of these letters, then the good old White House would be absolutely swamped with mail and might start thinking that they had better say something before the general public starts rebelling or protesting!

Maybe we could send a few thousand to CNN or similar and tell them what's going on?

What do you think? Is there something we can do to get the US to admit it once and for all?

After all, I thought that Brazil, Mexico, Belgium and India have all admitted it! Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment: Just throw in the towel since the government and major news media have lost all credibility, and you cannot trust them to even file a proper dog catching report. Why does anyone need them to confirm their Area 51 secrets? In fact one should not be incllined to recognize anything it would say about the topic of Flying Saucers at all, and if it did you would only reconfirm another confidence job for ruthless oligarchy and further kleptocracy. They could pull a fake job with their holographs, so expect an announcement anytime, but with more men in black ski masks and rip offs making your life more miserable than it already is. UFOs are no yellow brick road to Eutopia, the "EU," referring to a pleasing "nowhere," not just "nowhere." In other words don''t ask for anything from the wicked witch in a outwardly candy, cake, and cookie house, because when you get inside you will find what Hansel and Gretel found.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All great points presented here... however I believe there is an area that hasn't been addressed yet. We are all thinking too "local" regarding this matter.

Why does it have to be the "U.S." that discloses the information? What about the idea that disclosure finally comes from a nation other than the U.S.

There are a few different angles that can be taken here, here is one:

It's no secret that we(U.S.) are "falling out of favour" throughout the world. What if a nation, ie. N. Korea (or one that has proof and contempt for the U.S.) decides to "out" the global conspiracy regarding ET's and provides "their secrets" as proof. And in turn points the finger at the U.S. with the claims that we have been keeping all this hidden from our citizens, and that we are in possecion of highly advanced technology etc etc etc....

First of all, assuming the hard evidence presented is concrete and infalliable- it is no doubt this truly would "shake the world". Religions would tremble... perhaps citizen across the world turn to their governments with the outcry of truth...

There is no doubt in my mind, that if another country were to disclose first- our government would be put between a rock and a hard place.

Thoughts??

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why does it have to be the "U.S." that discloses the information? What about the idea that disclosure finally comes from a nation other than the U.S.

The problem is that the aliens likely only had communication with the main nuclear powers, since that is what likely caught their attention in the first place. The others aren't in on the secret. Sure, you've got some already that are saying UFOs are from out there (Mexico, Brazil), etc. but there's a difference between saying this, and having the ability to wheel out a crashed UFO or demonstrate alien tech....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hence the word "secret". If it's a secret, you nor I wouldn't know about it. And who knows... what if it is Russia, India, China.

Also, are you 100% sure that "ET's" have only "hung around" the nuclear powers? Now pause for a second... and ask yourself again... are you 100% sure.

Oh I jusdt notice you said "likely".... I guess you COULD be wrong then.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gazrok

I really liked the points you made in one of your recent posts in this thread. If I might include a few comments, and ask you a couple of questions?

”1. If the "deal" brokering at Holloman is true, then I seriously doubt the government would want it revealed that they basically sold out American citizens in exchange for tech. “

Could you be more specific about the “Holloman” facts? URL’s, etc.? I’m already familiar with this general concept. I think. Heh.

”2. If the truth comes out, and more of this tech is public to other nations, the US loses it's ace in the hole. “

Indeed.

”4. It's quite likely, based on the evidence, that the aliens' agenda is either sinister in nature, or at least unknown. It is doubtful it is benign. Luckily for the powers that be, the aliens also seem to wish secrecy. “

I’ve believed that aliens have not always been benign. After reading some of the threads here at ATS, I’m even more sure that the happy, bubbly concepts of “Intervention” are nothing more then wishful thinking.

”And unfortunately, they are the ones in the driver's seat....as well as the aliens themselves. That's why, any move for disclosure has to originate with one of those drivers....a passenger has no say in where it's going....”

Well said. Personally, I believe that disclosure will never happen in our lifetime, simply because we are not supposed to know. I’d love to know. I really would. But would I be able to deal with that information? The truth is stranger then fiction, and this truth, I think, is the last thing we would want to hear.

-VW

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
1. disclosure of life on mars or another planet/moon.
2. 2 - 5 years later disclosure of other lifeforms which they will say came because of the first disclosure which will lead to more money. (cover if they allready know)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Could you be more specific about the “Holloman” facts? URL’s, etc.? I’m already familiar with this general concept. I think. Heh.

There isn't too much to go on with this and it may be completely bogus, but wanted to use it as an example of the general idea. I was just kind of throwing it out there.... It's really the "out there" material of Cooper and Lear (just google on "Yellow Book UFO" and you'll find plenty of links speaking of it.) Not sure if there's much more on it, as it's on my "to do" list of things to check into more closely.....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

There isn't too much to go on with this and it may be completely bogus, but wanted to use it as an example of the general idea. I was just kind of throwing it out there.... It's really the "out there" material of Cooper and Lear (just google on "Yellow Book UFO" and you'll find plenty of links speaking of it.) Not sure if there's much more on it, as it's on my "to do" list of things to check into more closely.....

Oh boy. I read a horribly long thread last night containing questions put to Lear on ATS, and his answers. Rather chilling. And very out there indeed. Still, I really belive the truth we don't have is probably as far out there as anything we could dream up. Thanks for your response, Gazrok. Now I have keywords. World, look out!
j/k

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Even if the government has been 'selling out' some its citizens it would not be the first time, look at the Tuskegee Syphilis Exeriment.

If they are here I do believe we should know about them just for a piece of mind, but I suppose everyone has the oppurtunity to find out themselves by getting a govt job, working their way up in the until they have access to that kind of information.

I just want one of their crafts to replace my automobile.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes, I have a feeling that even if a few thousand people sent letters to the government, that they would be ignored. Perhaps even if a million were sent.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
meh bush is a reptilian,the british royal family are reptilians,They would never tell the truth.They are secretly taking over earth .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join