It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Disclosure ........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is there any way we can force the government into disclosing / admitting that Mr ET exists?

I was reading the Disclosure.com site and they have a sample letter you can print off and send to your Governer / MP / the President.

If only one percent of the people in the US who believed in UFO's etc. sent one of these letters, then the good old White House would be absolutely swamped with mail and might start thinking that they had better say something before the general public starts rebelling or protesting!

Maybe we could send a few thousand to CNN or similar and tell them what's going on?

What do you think? Is there something we can do to get the US to admit it once and for all?

After all, I thought that Brazil, Mexico, Belgium and India have all admitted it! Maybe I'm wrong?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hello minkey,

I think letters, petitions and other stuffs have been already sent many times, but they are inoperative, even if that's better than nothing.
I think government/army really wants to keep secret all they know about ufo and aliens, and they are ready to do anything for this, until they decid to stop this cover-up (if aliens doesn't decid before).

[edit on 30/1/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree, they'll keep it a secret or deny existance as long as they want to.

However, I do feel as though disclosure is soon. I remember CNN posting polls about people who are ready. The number was in the high 80% range. Recent behavior of the media like this suggests to me that the time is close. I say give it 20 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I give it even less, I have a feeling about THIS year, perhaps the next few years...before 2010...but this is only my feelings, I don't know for a fact when they disclose...

I just have a strong feeling about this year...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You can't force them to do anything. If they release any info, it's because they want to. They'll do it when it suites them, no amount of letters or anything will make them do it ahead of when they want to do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I give it even less, I have a feeling about THIS year, perhaps the next few years...before 2010...but this is only my feelings, I don't know for a fact when they disclose...

I just have a strong feeling about this year...

Same here I feel it may very well be this year. I dont know but for some reason I have a feeling for May 13th. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think it would raise too much of a panic. If the the government admits to it then the stories of abductions and visitations will become tru to the non-believers. Not to mention all the questons it will raise, which would more than likely be anther cover-up all together because they aren't going to truthfully admit to why they are here and what their plans are.

I don't think it's going to happen. Say the government says "yes ET life exists and we are being visited and even have them on our planet", what then? How many in this world are going to accept that and life fear free?
Here we are, we have a totally alien existence introduced to us, it would open up a whole new meaning to the word predjudice.

Theres no way they could disclose the truth without inducing a mass panic in the world. EVEN if people say they are ready, I don't think they really are.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
OK for instance, you'd think that if any people were ready to be informed about the truth of ET's it would be people like us who frequent these forums.

Read some of the sh@t that some of us say here, we are in no way ready.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Personally I think it would be horribly negligant on the part of the government to come out and reveal somthing of that magnitude all at once. A simple referance to Orsen Well's is all that is needed. Disclosure would have to come in slow incremants, first admitting the possiblity, then a little evidence, and over the course of a few years full disclosure would become evident as soon as people have had time to abosrb what they've been told. Remember, many of us may do nothing more than applaude the government for their honesty, but most of America has yet to accept the fact that will die one day.

As to disclosure happening in the near future I'd like to point to the recent articles about respected scientists basically saying visitation is a distinct possibilty. Perhaps this is disclosure happening as we speak, remember, much like the networks of terror cells, the government will most likely slip it in slowly enough to make most people think it's a new thing. I think if these recent articles are evidence of future disclosure we will begin to see more media coverage in favor of the "UFO Phenomena". Shows on the Discovery channel that are slightly slanted towards the believers, perhaps later a few reports on a respected news channel treating it less like an impossibility. Disclosure, if it comes, will come "like a thief in the night" to put it biblically, keep your eyes and ears open and your mind impartial.

As to sending letters to people of governmental positions, I think it's at best a fruitless effort. Rather, a more effective means would be sending the same letters, in larger amounts, to a target media source. A source with high ratings. Remember, politicians these days don't care much about losing a few votes, but a television network will do anything for a larger share of the market. I know many people's opinions of Fox News but it is currently the highest rated news network in the US. Perhaps you'd have better luck employing them to put pressure on the government. Send your letters to Fox News and you might convince them that at the very least they could have a massive influx of a previously unreachable demographic. On the contrary Fox News may be the wrong choice but I believe the theory is a sound one. Convince the media that you will buy their product (watching a tv show is buying the product, since in turn they sell you to their advertisers) if they begin to take this seriously and you may just influence them to do some research. At the very least they will have more coverage on UFO related events which will ease the skeptical fervour of many unbelievers.

I do believe, however, that this should be organised and standarized and targeted at one media source such as Fox news or CNN. The letters should be eloquent and well thought out, perhaps all copies of the same letter. The letter should also sound as impartial as possible so as not to discredit ourselves as "crackpots" and "whack jobs". Remember, we're not trying to convince the believers. I also think that sending the letters one at a time over an extended period of time will be more effective than one petition, copius amounts of letters pouring into the mailroom demanding media coverage of UFOs and the like will make a larger impression and, in and of itself, be worthy of mention on the air. This in turn could cause desperate competitors to take the hint and begin coverage.

gl2

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Disclosure about aliens wouldn't scare people as much as disclosure of the narco-trafficking corruption that goes on in the black budget structure that controls the issue. In short, if it was just about aliens, it would be easy. Now that the whole issue has been hijacked by a "federation" alien--influenced (grays and their associates) cabal, now that it has all been corrupted (as seems to be the alien plan: divide and conquer), the US government is too corrupt to do a decent public disclosure.

Which is most ironic---other nations would do a better job of it than the US, of course. Indeed, the only hope for a decent, fairly honest disclosure lies in a combined movement, i.e. the BRIC coalition (Brazil, Russia, India and China) that decides that the US is too far gone to do it right, so they do it independently. At which point, the Europeans disclose more and more, leaving the old, overweight and notoriously corrupt Uncle Sam (not the people, but the criminal regime here) to figure out how to live more decently, with a better social ecology.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes, Timing could make a difference, However until we could accept the realm of other life forms beyound our current concept, well a least for some... will take a new meaning to who we are in this Universe! Can you Deny that?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think that the time is nearing as well. I've noticed an increase in UFO related shows on somewhat respectable cable channels such as the History Channel and the Discovery Channel. I think that this is directly related to increasing people's awareness and conditioning us for future disclosure. Conditioning the people is key.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dr Love, Your right, I wish to point out that Discovery will have a different program on Feb,25... I look forwards to this one.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
On wednsday The National Geographic Channel will air an episode of Naked Science tackling the issue of alien visitation, previous epsidoes have included stories on Crop Circles and Bigfoot

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
Dr Love, Your right, I wish to point out that Discovery will have a different program on Feb,25... I look forwards to this one.

It's interesting to see shows tackling such controversial issues as ancient astronauts and UFOs appearing in different artwork over time. I think we'll know we're getting close to disclosure when the big 3 networks start delving into these subjects.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think we'll know we're getting close to disclosure when the big 3 networks start delving into these subjects.

Actually, many channels you see are subsidiaries of larger network corporations, perhaps it's a way of admitting it without sullying their reputation.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Actually, many channels you see are subsidiaries of larger network corporations, perhaps it's a way of admitting it without sullying their reputation.

You are correct. Damn good point!

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Dr Love. Correct, once the major three channels begins to direct interest in this, You can expect to see Soap stories/sitcoms, and those programs that intertains the idle mind... No education in those Forums. Humor sometimes, we all need that... But facts are intertaining.... You have my focus in truth!
I wish more Parents would put their children in front of a program that teaches the world to them... A new understanding would come from that. To many games/cartoons/deciet... has flooded their minds, as well as ours at times.. Thats a different topic aside from this one at this moment...
But back to the point, As far as what scares us on this world... I feel for me not knowing the facts that are my first fear... and why? (ignorance on my behalf or others) There are so many other elements in this world that can take my life.... Maybe more knowledge could change that in the end... It would for me, and has as a result of realizing what is true..

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I reckon you are correct in what you say about the US Government keeping their mouths shut!

I reckon that some other nation such as India, China, Brazil, Belgium or even the UK might come out with it first. At least the UK admitted that the Rendlesham Forest was real but now thats 24 years ago, most people have either forgotten it happened or were too young to remember it!

Or we could even be so lucky as to have some kind of mass landing here which would tell everybody the TRUTH whether they like it or not.

The timing of such an event I think will happen fairly soon. As you have said, most of the TV Channels are showing programs on Alien Life and UFO's. It can't be long before something happens now! I bloody well hope not anyway.

Does anybody out there now how to somehow signal Mr ET and tell him to come on down / get his skates on etc.? I know it sounds stupid but the subject was covered fairly extensively by Dr Steven Greer in his first book.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Is there any way we can force the government into disclosing / admitting that Mr ET exists?
If only one percent of the people in the US who believed in UFO's etc. sent one of these letters, then the good old White House would be absolutely swamped with mail and might start thinking that they had better say something before the general public starts rebelling or protesting!

Or the simpler thing they could do would be to shred them away. Why would multiple pieces of paper force disclosure? I highly doubt the government would be forced into such a major and drastic move, by even a million pieces of paper. Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join