It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it possible that we live within an extremely sophisticated simulation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Now's a better time than any.

We absolutely do live in a computer simulation. I won't divulge too much information, but I will say this; Earth is not our home. Well, for some of us anyway. About 60% of the population are NPC's. The other 40% are being controlled by the consciousness of children on our home world of Tigon.

This is as much as I'll say for now. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Moriarty.

Holodeck.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

So do you think "Jesus" would be a hacker or computer programmer?

Jesus was most certainly a comptuer nerd. Recall, he said,

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. -- KJV, Matthew 10:30

Now, who would know that everything is all numbers, but a computer geek?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: dreamingawake

So do you think "Jesus" would be a hacker or computer programmer?

Jesus was most certainly a comptuer nerd. Recall, he said,

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. -- KJV, Matthew 10:30

Now, who would know that everything is all numbers, but a computer geek?

That wasn't folded scriptures, it was a pocket calculator.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

Could it be possible that our consciousness is placed into the simulation? Just guessing.

Maybe with super-quantam computing? It still doesn't quite work for me.

On the other hand, with physics now ever-increasingly going in the non-local/string/multidimensional direction it seems that physics is--once again--meeting metaphysics.

I believe that our biggest mystery--and clue--is consciousness itself. There is more to us than current science can fathom is my guess and, as such, I think we are much more than a simulation.

And like intptr said: That thumb doesn't feel like a sim after the hammer hit does it?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

And like intptr said: That thumb doesn't feel like a sim after the hammer hit does it?

Not the first time. But, I guarantee you that after a few good hard knocks, that thumb is indistinguishable from a sim.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You wouldn't be able to tell if you did live in a simulation only guess it is so. Given a good enough simulation that is.

So there is a thread here on ATS that shows a speech where the scientist blows his own mind by pointing out error correcting codes in quantum equations (may have been string theory). But the code is the same used for the internet! He ends by saying he doesn't know what this means.

Quantum physics tells us that all matter is just a field of equations. Why would a sufficiently advanced computer have any issue recreating those equations? Then adapting to questions about the nature of reality from within the simulation? Quite possible.

My only issue is recursion. How far would it go?? That is my existential dilemma.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It was Dr. James Gates.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

We can question the idea of a simulation, or call it a hologram. Same idea.
These scientists are light years beyond our understanding. Try not to deny this idea.
We can only hope to comprehend the crumbs that fall from their table.
I know this is something you don't like, but it is true. We are not on their level.
It doesn't mean they are never wrong. But we don't have a clue when it comes to their material.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join