It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jason Chaffetz Getting Verbally Choked Out at His Town Hall Meeting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hundreds of people descended on Chaffetz's town hall meeting at a high school tonight and he was essentially booed out of the gym and pressed him on difficult questions on whether he will take Trump to task about his ethics violations.

Let's remember, Chaffetz represents Utah, a solid republican state. The fact that there were hundreds in an high school auditorium with several hundreds outside is actually an extraordinary event unlike anything I have seen for someone like Chaffetz.

Like I mentioned in other posts, Trump is the best recruiter for democrats in the last 100 years.

www.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 9-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This rent-a-protest was brought to you by...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Another source.
www.politico.com...

Chicago tribune is bad news. Paywalled.

“You’re not going to like this part: the president, under the law, is exempt from conflict of interest laws,” Chaffetz told the loudly protesting crowd.

Can't imagine why!
edit on 10-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
LOL!!! You keep thinking that. Although the pay to disrupt tactic has been an old strategy of the right, it's not on the left.

originally posted by: Konduit

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When President Trump gets finished.

Hardworking Americans will not be obligated.

Not everyone gets to come here.

Lower taxes to keep more of our money.

And just maybe he can fix this mess.

Cause, every single politician fo 30 years,

Including Chaffetz has just lined their pockets.

They will sacrifice a child to be re-elected.

Maybe with some luck, we can keep this Country.

edit on 10-2-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And the Koch Brothers and Mercers are oh-so innocent...

SMH. Soros isn't crap compared to those creepy 1%'ers.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Also, of course, diplomacy is last on the article.

Towards the end of the rowdy town hall, the tone of the meeting grew slightly less tense as Chaffetz repeatedly sought to assure attendees that he wanted to listen.

"We're yelling past each other," Chaffetz told another member of the audience concerned about the DeVos confirmation. "I understand that you don't agree with me, but we've got to be able to talk."

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's some pretty cute denial you have going on. Believe me, we protest for free.

If literally ANY other Republican had run, they would have kicked Hillary's sorry butt in the popular vote, and wouldn't be ashamed of their choice now. Hell, I would have voted red if it weren't Trump. Instead, I voted third party. And protest almost every weekend.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow... only a couple of days out from CHaffetz meeting with POTUS, he's attacked by media?

SHOCKED!

THere is a frenzy going on, wonder who may be at risk.. perhaps MSM, folks in Congress, and the entertainment industry?

Gonna be a whirlwind of a year.... hold on tight..

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I'm not a Democrat, but I am not in alignment with the Trump administration. (I'm Independent)

This kind of protest will become more common. I know this because I know a ton of progressives who are at least as motivated as the Tea Party was during Obama's administration.

There is a feeling of an almost visceral rejection of Trump the like of which I've never seen before. It is deepseated, related in part to his bullying and apparent bad behavior around women.

Whether or not the Dems fight, the left will. Everyone I know is into peaceful protest and they are rapidly organizing in a multifaceted way, in groups that reflect both general resistance and specific issues, like climate change or income inequality and banks, or cabinet members and SCOTUS, etc.

The " protest fatigue" won't kick in for a very long time. I can pretty much guarantee that.

That's my report from my corner of the world anyway.

edit on 10-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I know you'd like to believe this but there are no protests nor groups in my area being funded by Soros. This is a grassroots thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Like I mentioned in other posts, Trump is the best recruiter for democrats in the last 100 years.

That would explain why the dems lost over 1000 seats nationwide. The dems are done for, for a very long time. Their credibility is shot!

Also the population of Salt Lake City alone is 1,153,340 so mere hundreds don't mean a thing!

Which ethics violations are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Conservatives = T-Rex
Progressives = pack of raptors

I'd much rather try to evade a T-Rex than a pack of raptors. The history of our species has shown time and time again that it isn't always the strongest/brash/ham-fisted bullies that win ...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

That has to do with redistricting and voter suppression tactics, the election results you speak of, I mean.

The redistricting policy is being actively litigated due to the unfair demographic splicing and dicing that led to way more red on the map than is justified by actual voter affiliation.

It will take a while, but it will balance out.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Are we pretending like these agitators aren't being paid?...

In a republican state, you'd think there'd be people holding up signs demanding Hillary's arrest and further investigations right?... none of that being setup on the streets or reported in the media.. I wonder why!

Its a clever tactic, especially the ''Vote him out'' chant...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I know, right?

I have my tentacles pretty deep and wide, and not one peep about being paid for anything has ever been heard.

In a way, I think it's something radical conservatives tell themselves because they simply can't believe so many people willingly protest on their own.

In other words, "They have to be getting paid! It's the only explanation! There's no way so many people would protest like that! See how crooked and biased it is against me, the victim!?!"

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Totally.

The Left has been passive and fairly conciliatory compared to how they are feeling now.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of the raptor pack that's coming...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Wow seriously? Everyone knows that it is the left that are bullies!

You didn't see the right burning the town down over Obama, and believe me we despised Obama as much as you despise Trump! We just were not a bunch of crybabies about it!

I would not want to be on the receiving end of the raptor pack that's coming...

I would and I cant wait!

edit on 10-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No need to pretend. You have no idea how many people I know that are newly engaged in protests after never participating in them before. They are all paying their own way.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

You just throw down a bit differently.

Tea Party ring a bell?

And the percentage of folks doing damage is ridiculously small. The vast majority are completely peaceful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join