It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 Heritage Flight training over Tucson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I know we have a few members in Arizona. Davis-Monthan began the training for heritage flights today. The course will run through Sunday, and will include a P-51, F-86, P-38, P-40, and P-47 for the classics. The modern aircraft will include an A-10, F-22, F-16, and F-35. They'll be flying around the Tucson area in groups for the training.

DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. --
Air Combat Command is hosting the 20th annual Heritage Flight Training and Certification Course at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz., Feb. 9-12.

Established in 1997, the HFTCC was created to provide civilian and military pilots the opportunity to practice flying in formation for upcoming air shows across the nation.

The aerial demonstration training event allows a past and present display of airpower. The event offers a view of the historic P-51 Mustang, P-40 Warhawk, P-38 Lightning, P-47 Thunderbolt and the F-86 Sabre, mixed with the modern A-10C Thunderbolt II, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning II.

www.dm.af.mil...

The following aircraft will soon fly in the skies over Tucson during the 2017 Heritage Flight Training Conference: Two F-22 Raptors, three F-16 Fighting Falcons, two F-35 Lightning IIs, six P-51 Mustangs, one T-51 Mustang, one P-38 Lightning, one P-40 Warhawk, one P-47 Thunderbolt, two F-86 Sabres, and one T-33 Shooting Star.

www.tucsonnewsnow.com...
edit on 2/9/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Video would be nice if anyone can capture

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What no F-4's this year??
Just isn't the same without a Phabulous Phantom.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sure its not filming of a new Iron Eagle movie...?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

God please nooooo......!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes without F-4s.. it's done

F-4s Last public appearances

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Looking forward to the heritage flight again over here in the U.K. for RIAT. Last year when I went the F-22 encountered a problem in its solo performance so they had to land it which lead to it being missed out in the heritage flight. Looking forward to this year as they are celebrating the 75th anniversary of the USAF so I'm expecting a better US aircraft turn out

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This explains the last couple evenings' jarring flyovers!

I'm in midtown and am used to the AF noise as I'm near an approach for landing, but Weds evening I was startled (and the dog was taught real fear) as something took off with an awesome stuttering-ripping jet noise, like the air was ripping.

It was awesome and totally new to me... I'd guess it was an F-35 taking off at speed heard from a few hundred yards. It made me take notice!

So.. .good to know what it was. Thanks again Zaph... you rock, sir.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The scary thing about 70-80 year old aircraft is the 70-80 year old pilots that go with them

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The Thunderbirds are coming this year. They have #8 over there now, doing advanced work.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The scary thing about 70-80 year old aircraft is the 70-80 year old pilots that go with them

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are NO old bold pilots...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some great videos posted to Facebook. They did a 360 degree video from an F-16 flying with a P-51. Just a few minutes ago they released the video of an F-35 with what looked like 3 of the P-51s.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I went with my dad on a FiFi flight a couple years ago. (B-29) I am in my forties, and I bet the pilot was barely in his thirties.
I know what you mean though.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Got to Tucson just in time for one group to land. Been sitting here waiting and all they're throwing around is a C-17 and a DHS Citation. Bastards are waiting for us to leave.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

a NEW Iron Eagle......my heart doth beat for you

but whats up with no F-4's a great jet with a long rich history.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

There aren't any more flying in the US except the Collins bird and i think they're done flying soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Not Heritage Flight related, but the other night my other half was going past DM,when suddenly the map display on the GPS went nuts, and the speed reading said we were doing over 200 mph. She said she saw lights over the base area, but couldn't get a good idea of what it was. Apparently Compass Call hit the "screw with GPS" button.

new topics

top topics

join