It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Senator calls president a "loofah-faced SNIP-gibbon"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yup. Another day, another sterling example of adult maturity. I wonder who I'm referring to?

(((sigh)))

This really is getting tiresome. Truly tiresome.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Write an essay about it homie.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I chuckled..

But is third grade name calling really what we want at that level of Govt?

yes I realize trump does it to, does not thrill me then either.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Love the insult. My guess is that Leach is gearing up for another shot at a seat in the House of Representatives in 2018. This single act probably gets him more notoriety and name recognition than anything he could do with traditional campaigning.

Hahaa the irony.

Trump doesn't just beat his opponents, he turns them into monsters that make him pale in comparison.

edit on 2/10/2017 by AttentionGrabber because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

My only real issue here is if anyone had ever dared call Obama a name that included the word "gibbon" in it, the bitches and moans about racism would have been deafening. Some degree of consistency out of the idiot gallery would be nice...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Can you really not see the difference? Racists have depicted black people for centuries. Anyone that was calling/depicting Obama as an ape was almost definitely doing it with this knowledge in hand.

Last time I checked racists did not compare Oompa Loompas to apes.

And the Right wonders why they have a problem connecting with minorities.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

...and GW Bush was called "chimp" by asshats for years. Look, on one hand we are to support the idea of "we're all human beings and everyone is equal" on the other hand we have "you can call this group this name but damn you to hell if you call this other group the same because that's just hateful." It's hypocritical horsecrap, man.

and I know why the right has had a problem connecting with minorities... our Kept Voter Base recipients of handouts and freebies on someone else's dollar consist of corporate executives and the middle class and up. They're not based on factors people have zero control over like their race.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well, there probably would have just been confused looks if someone dropped an "n-word" on Dubbya, or called Obama a "cracker".

Different labels don't always hold the same weight.

It's called "context".
edit on 2/10/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

And you still don't get it. For centuries racists have equated black people with apes. There's quite a bit of historical precedence there. On the other hand there is no precedence of racists calling white people apes. Are you actually not getting this or are you deliberately promoting ignorance.?
edit on 2/10/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yup.

By law, for years blacks were considered "lesser-primates" than whites; so, making such comparisons today is frowned upon.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Princess Pumpkin Spice would've made me lol way harder

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That would have been a close 2nd for me.

I think the reason I found this one humorous was the tie-in to the old Maher/Trump feud.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What I'm saying is an insult is an insult is an insult. If I state a position on something and someone decides to slag me by saying "Well, you're just a knuckle dragging ape" there is no difference between that and saying "Obama is just a dumb ape" EXCEPT we've formulated these little lists of protected classes of people who are shielded from specific slags. It's bullcrap. Be nice to people or be an ass to people, but for the love of God let's stop this asininity of claiming some forms of dehumanization are OK while others are the worst thing since ingrown toenails.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What I'm saying is an insult is an insult is an insult.

Again, no.

It's called context.

There would have just been confused looks if someone dropped an "n-word" on Dubbya, or called Obama a "cracker".

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What I'm saying is an insult is an insult is an insult.

Again, no.

It's called context.

There would have just been confused looks if someone dropped an "n-word" on Dubbya, or called Obama a "cracker".

You're comparing words which are offensive IN EVERY AND ANY CONTEXT to words which can and are used daily with no offense. Had someone dropped an "n-word" on Bush or anyone else, people would have lost their minds and you know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Nigger and cracker are exclusive words. Words like ape, monkey or gibbon aren't. Unless you think they are.

So what is the context? That Obama is black?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Meh, there's always going to be a "lunatic fringe" that will get their panties in a bunch at any chance they can get, but no, I think if someone dropped an "n-word" on Bush most would have just been confused and thought that the one saying it was an idiot.

a reply to: AttentionGrabber

You say "'n-word' and cracker are exclusive words", and again, for years there were exclusive laws considering blacks "lesser-primates" than whites; so, making such comparisons today is frowned upon.

Like it or not, that's the historical context.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I would have thought the knuckle dragging dunderheads who actually still believe that Trump is going to be a President who achieves anything other than the collapse of your nations entire structure

So by this statement right here is it safe to assume that you feel everyone who voted for President Trump and supports President Trump are knuckledraggers, if so can you please explain why?

Also I fully believe that President Trump and his cabinet will do everything in their power to make sure that America succeeds on the worlds stage like it has been for decades already. The people who are going to make him fail are the same people who are protesting against everything that he does. They are the same people the Left constantly votes for and puts in the Senate and the House who are doing everything they can do oppose all of his picks for cabinet members. When President Clinton, Bush and Obama were elected there cabinet picks were pushed through with no attempt of blocking at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

It is ok to call your president a # faced gibbon, as long as it is not racism.......

Off course, when you do so, you are in fact equating him to a "lesser primate".

I hear that is frowned upon in some cases.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber
It is ok to call your president a # faced gibbon, as long as it is not racism.

If you say so.

So glad that we have your permission.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join